r6/1 gold dots better than blue??? hmmmm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a good price to buy a set of 2001 blue dots?
$50/apiece would be good, maybe more for a master cyl & lines. Then maybe another $50+. You might find them cheaper if you look hard-enough.

No. They bolt on '93+ bikes only.
they make adapters for 85-92 forks but they are expensive and youd need the new style vmax rotors or appropriate r1,r6, fjr rotors.

The busa brake upgrade is the best option for early vmax. Adapters are reasonable. Still need rotors though.

No. They bolt on '93+ bikes only.
they make adapters for 85-92 forks but they are expensive and youd need the new style vmax rotors or appropriate r1,r6, fjr rotors.

The busa brake upgrade is the best option for early vmax. Adapters are reasonable. Still need rotors though.

well i guess thats a "piss on it" type project:rofl_200:
thanks for the info!!!

Can't beat CaptainKyle's Early bike brake upgrade for stopping power to dollar investment. You can throw on the adapters, Tokicos, and use late model stock rotors to start and go braided lines, bettet Master Cyl, better rotors, HH pads as budget allows. You guys with plenty of "jingle" can do it all at once. Why not just go USD and custom triples if thats the case though!

well i guess thats a "piss on it" type project:rofl_200:
thanks for the info!!!

For bluepots you need the 298mm rotors from '93+ vmaxs or from another donor bike like a FZR or R6 or early R1s that use 298mm rotors...

I had axial silver dots, off a R1 on mine, along with SS lines and a Nissin radial pump master (off ebay). With HH pads they had decent feel.....a soft initial bite with linear, steady power.

That said hard/repeated braking will cook them. By the end of my "evasive maneuvers" this summer I'd toasted the front brake.

Granted, that was the one and only time I'd experienced brake fade, and that had hauled the bike from 100+ down to 20-30 several times within just a couple of minutes.

Found a set for $50 off an 01 R1. Want the dots red instead of blue. But I just did a brake job along with full fluid replacement. Might wait a while on em

I beg to differ, I have 2002 R1 gold dots on my front end and they matched up just fine. Looking now to upgrade to front/rear wavy rotors....

The gold are on the limited edition bikes (and newer ones that don't fit). The 6 piston are still a better overall feel and power.

Sean

Attachments

• _DSC0317_sm.jpg
    _DSC0317_sm.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 11
To make things clear:

04-06: 4 pot radial calipers
07-08: 6 pot radial calipers sama as vmx17
09-XX: 6 pot radial calipers same as vmx17

Back