Race Fuel Vs. Pump Gas

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i . I'VE BEEN A MECHANIC AND RACED STOCK CARS AND DRAG RACED FOR OVER 30 YEARS AND I AGREE WITH YOU , WORD FOR WORD AS I EXPLAINED EARLIER IN THIS THREAD 1.5 YEARS AGO ! .. AND THIS THREAD ALSO WAS JUST ABOUT RACE FUEL NOT CONTAINING ALL OF THE HARMFUL AGENTS IN IT THAT CAN SCREW UP OUR V-MAX CARBS , I HAD NEVER SAID THAT IT WOULD MAKE ANYTHING ANY FASTER ! .. BUT IT DOES BURN MUCH CLEANER AND SLOWER , AND I LOVE THE SMELL !
Good to meet another knuckle buster! sorry i missed the point. I think the big problem here is ethanol.gas stations dont have to label pumps with ethanol content.I have learned that one gallon of 10% blend will absorb 6000-7000 ppm of water!! compared to 150 ppm of regular unleaded.This can happen in 30 days! As a matter of fact, that is the shelf life of the ethanol blended fuel.It takes only one tablespoon of water to cause phase seperation, rendering it useless. The small engine shops here are swamped cleaning fuel systems of gas that wont burn.So any fuel system open to the atmosphere is going to suck water out of the air at a rapid rate!!That includes gas cans sitting in your garage not capped.It holds up in vehicles because of the evap emisions i suppose. BTW....I love the smell also and run it several times a summer.

"Coprunner" is now down the street (assuming he closes, imminent) from the south FL drag strip of record. He should be able to hear the racing from his yard. Maybe the aroma of high-octane race fuel will drift his way along w/the smell of burning rubber!

When I lived in MI 40 yrs. ago, I could hear the circle track sounds at Galesburg Raceway from my yard. A 'bullring' paved oval. One of my friends used to race there, his dad owned midgets, sprint cars and sponsored an Indy car team when it was common every year for drivers to be killed, in the 1950's. I have posted about him before.

"Coprunner" is now down the street (assuming he closes, imminent) from the south FL drag strip of record. He should be able to hear the racing from his yard. Maybe the aroma of high-octane race fuel will drift his way along w/the smell of burning rubber!

When I lived in MI 40 yrs. ago, I could hear the circle track sounds at Galesburg Raceway from my yard. A 'bullring' paved oval. One of my friends used to race there, his dad owned midgets, sprint cars and sponsored an Indy car team when it was common every year for drivers to be killed, in the 1950's. I have posted about him before.
i YES I GOT THE WORD LAST NIGHT FROM THE LENDER ( UNDERWRITER ) THAT ITS ALL DONE AND THAT WE ARE CLOSING ON 9/23 , SO I CANT WAIT TO GO TO PALM BEACH INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY ! .. http://racepbir.com/

Congratulations, Tim, after you are settled-in I will take a day trip to the "Far North" of Palm Beach Co. and visit you.
(signed)
Your Deep South neighbor,
"Fire-medic"

Where men are amigos and salsa is something to dance to or to eat

Congratulations, Tim, after you are settled-in I will take a day trip to the "Far North" of Palm Beach Co. and visit you.
(signed)
Your Deep South neighbor,
"Fire-medic"

Where men are amigos and salsa is something to dance to or to eat
i I CAN'T WAIT ! . :punk:

If I were running a CR of 13:1 on the Max, I'd run higher octane fuel, but other than the occasional hiccup, regular 87 pump gas is all a stock Max needs to make maximum power.

If I were running a CR of 13:1 on the Max, I'd run higher octane fuel, but other than the occasional hiccup, regular 87 pump gas is all a stock Max needs to make maximum power.

Once again I'm not trying to be a dick but I take it you have dyno results on the same day on the same dyno with different fuels to back up your claim? How about 1/4 mile times with different fuels on the same day? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a stock vmax needs race fuel... I'm saying it won't actually slow you down unless its an extreme situation like trying to run c16 on a stock engine, then you might lose a few HP but not much. I'm still of the opinion that a 10.5:1 engine spinning at 9000 rpm or more might actually benefit from 100 low lead or even 105-110 race gas, especially with a more aggressive advance curve like I run on my dyna... I certainly don't believe that fuel in that range will actually make less power, probably won't make much more power if any but not less...

I go with the accepted understanding that higher octane is for higher compression motors, and that a 10.5:1 motor does not benefit from an octane level any higher than the 87 it calls for. I ran my FZ1 on the dyno and strip on 87, and it put down 138 and 141 hp on different pulls on different days and clocked a 10.3/133 pass with a better rider than me on it. I don't think the results of 100 octane would have improved those things.

THATS WAS KIND OF MY QUESTION, MORE SO THE ADDITIVES THEY PUT IN PUMP GAS VERSES RACE FUEL , AND RAGING MAIN SAYS , THEY HAVE THE SAME ADDITIVES, BUSTER HYMEN SAYS HIS CARBS GET CLOGGED IN A WEEK OR SO , IF HE DOES'NT RUN HIS BIKE, DOES ANYONE NO WHY THIS HAPPEN'S ? I'VE HEARD THIS MANY TIMES !!!

I havent had any problems running 87 octane but I do love the smell of racing gas but not the price!!!.I do run a little sea foam as well once in a while.

Tim, I like the VP100 I think that's what I'll try when I get the nitrous up & running :) I'd rather not run leaded gas because I have a wideband O2 sensor and the lead can accumulate on them...

AT THE RISK OF SOME THINKING I'M A DICK , BUT I HOPE NOT ! I STILL HAVE TO SAY THIS ! YOU KNOW , BACK IN THE DAY , EVEN 25 YEARS AGO WHEN I RAN 110 OCTANE LEADED - LEADED - LEADED - LEADED - LEADED - FUEL IN EVERYTHING I OWNED ! BENCH WARMERS WOULD TELL ME THAT YOU DON'T NEED RACE FUEL , ONCE AGAIN , ITS THE THINGS THAT , USING RACE FUEL ALLOWS YOU TO DO TO THE ENGINE THAT MAKES IT WORTH USING IT ! EVEN IF ITS ONLY ADVANCING THE TIMING ANOTHER 10 DEG. ! ( THAT ALONE MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE ! ) , BUT THE BENCH WARMERS WOULD ALSO TELL ME THAT THE " LEAD WILL FOUL YOUR SPARK PLUGS " !:rofl_200: I HAVE NEVER FOULED A SPARK PLUG ! NOT EVEN RACING MOTOCROSS ON A QUAD OR ON TWO CR250'S THAT ALSO HAD BELL-RAY OIL MIXED IN WITH THE RACE FUEL , AS A MATTER OF FACT , WHEN I PULLED THE HEADS , THEY WERE LIKE CHROME IN SIDE ! I COULD HAVE PUT THE HEADS BACK IN THE BOX & TOOK THEM BACK & SAID THAT I NEVER USED THEM ! EVEN ON ALL OF MY STOCK CAR ENGINES , WHEN I TAKE THEM APART , THEY ARE LIKE BRAND NEW ! WHERE DID ALL OF THIS MYSTERIOUS CARBON GO ? SO I'M JUST WONDERING , WHEN I GO IN MY ATTIC & LOOK AT ALL OF MY TROPHY'S , "AM I THE LUCKIEST FUCKER THAT EVER WALKED THE EARTH " ? OR AM I JUST ANOTHER DUMB FUCK RACING STOCK CARS , THAT USED TO WASTE HIS MONEY EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT , STANDING IN LINE TO BUY RACE FUEL , BEHIND 199 OTHER DUMB FUCKS AT THE TRACK , WHEN THEY COULD HAVE RUN 87 OCTANE FUEL & RETARDED THERE TIMING 10 DEG. AND LAPPED ME ? BULL FUCKING SHIT ! LET ME CLARIFY THAT , BULL FUCKING SHIT ! I'VE BEEN WAITING A YEAR TO SAY THIS ! AND MAN I FEEL GOOD !:rofl_200: PS. I REALLY LOVE THE SMELL OF IT , SO MAYBE ITS JUST A MENTAL THING & IT MAKES ME DRIVE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER !...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:... ALTHOUGH I AM PRETTY LUCKY ! OOOOORRRRRRRR , MAYBE ITS ALL IN MY HEAD ???...:rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:
i OH ' HERES THE TROPHY'S I WAS TALKING ABOUT , NOW ON MY UPPER SHELF IN MY GARAGE ! . :biglaugh: .

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    63.8 KB
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    72.6 KB
Back