Rear Car Tire

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Italian Stallion

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to Vmaxes and am looking for your input. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, and if it's not, I beg for your forgiveness.

As I have a run flat car tire on the rear of my '01 GL1800 Goldwing for the past 40,000 smiles, I was thinking of doing the same for my '09 VMax. I replaced the rear with another oe tire at 3,200 smiles. I'm 61 years young and don't do burnouts. Yeah, I know, boring life to some, but I like to play with the twist grip so I can scrape my eyeballs from the back of my cranium! :biglaugh:

Do you know of a conversion table or know of a specific run flat car tire that you or someone you know has used on the rear of this torque monster?

I tried posting it earlier, but I don't know where it went and I can't seem to find it now.

Thanks for your replies.

Mike

I know some have run car tires on the rear for the Gen 1 Max but that is for drag racing as the tire is "blocky" and not very good for handling turns. I don't know about the Gen 2 and a car tire though.

Welcome Mike . It won't take long to get an answer to your question. ( just don't ask the monkey ) :bang head:

You can try intruder alert for info to. I know when I had my 1400 they were all about the darkside. They even had a section just for it. I know it's not a max but may have the conversion table your looking for.
Later
Duke

I know many people swear by it but I still think it's downright plain dangerous to put a car tire on a bike, especially a fast and powerful one.

Anywhere else in the world, using Europe as an example, doing something like that would also immediately and totally invalidate your insurance, so anything goes wrong - you're on your own.

I know many people swear by it but I still think it's downright plain dangerous to put a car tire on a bike, especially a fast and powerful one.

Anywhere else in the world, using Europe as an example, doing something like that would also immediately and totally invalidate your insurance, so anything goes wrong - you're on your own.

Yep, they even mesuring the tread depth,

Back