Regular V-Boost or Full Time V-Boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you perfer Factory default V-Boost or Full Time V-Boost

• Factory V-Boost

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Full Time V-Boost

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what kind of milage do ya get with the stage 7?? think my new bike is set up that way but only find out in a few weeks when i pick it up

i'm running morleys kit with open vboost, 31-32 mpg combo driving. not sure on pure highway.

Sure, how much? Why are you getting rid of it?

i dunno. like whatever it costs to ship it.

not 100% sure yet. the resistance drop on the COPs messes with it. not sure if it can be fixed yet. haven't gotten to it yet, put a manual switch inline for now.

i dunno. like whatever it costs to ship it.

not 100% sure yet. the resistance drop on the COPs messes with it. not sure if it can be fixed yet. haven't gotten to it yet, put a manual switch inline for now.

Ok, lemme know, it's a winter project anyway. I'd be willing to compensate you for it. Money, no services.... (I've learnt to clarify when posting :clapping:)

I have no v-boost at all...stage 7,no butterflies,K&N,Full Kerker w/2 1/2'' can. Bike runs like a grizzly bear with a lit roman candle up his a$$. I would love to ride one with just to check it out but I've ridden with a few buddies that have it and I can't tell when it kicks in on their bikes. I got lucky with this bike. I've had it 8 yrs. now and it pulls very hard from 2-9.5k. It's a freaky one I guess :confused2:

Bought mine with an on/off switch on already installed on the V-Boost.FUll time or not at all.I run it on all the time because it feels a little weak without it.We actually took my factory boost control unit off to make room for an R6 regulator.What is a factory boost control unit worth any ways?I tried hooking it up back to factory spec but it didnt work.The guy before me messed somthing up and I dont even want to deal with it.I just leave it on all the time.

i've been having some low end issues 1 - 2.5 k rpm idle/cold issues. trying stock vboost for a while see if it clears it up.

i've been having some low end issues 1 - 2.5 k rpm idle/cold issues. trying stock vboost for a while see if it clears it up.
Mine runs better at low RPM with full time Vboost, must be the extra fuel/air mixture???:ummm:

I do need to set it back to stock to see of the shotgun helped or not, but I LOVE the idle with full time Vboost!!:clapping:

yea the idle is nice with full time! i love the midrange with full time as well.

remember i'm jetted with morleys kit so its kind of like comparing apples to oranges, i pull in so much more air.

yea the idle is nice with full time! i love the midrange with full time as well.

remember i'm jetted with morleys kit so its kind of like comparing apples to oranges, i pull in so much more air.
True, I've got a Stage 1 kit on mine.... I think....

I only rarely use the 3k setting on my t-boost....typically just when me and some buddies are screwing around, or I'm on a curvy road where the extra boost at low RPM's helps a little. It's a neat toy but that's about it IMO.

How can opening it at 3k hurt top end power? They would be open at stock setting in the "top end" anyway.

I like the extra response at highway speeds when set at 3k, but losing 10mpg and 30mi of range isn't really worth it to me. I get 42mph cruising at 75mph, I got a tad over 30 running with the boost at 3k, so open all the time. It's not like the Max is short on power reserve at 75, so it's just not really needed. Plus if I get a wrist spasm I just drop it to 3rd and dump it-usually lights up the back tire after a half second or so once the warp drive -I mean v-boost opens up.

I have no v-boost at all...stage 7,no butterflies,K&N,Full Kerker w/2 1/2'' can. Bike runs like a grizzly bear with a lit roman candle up his a$$. I would love to ride one with just to check it out but I've ridden with a few buddies that have it and I can't tell when it kicks in on their bikes. I got lucky with this bike. I've had it 8 yrs. now and it pulls very hard from 2-9.5k. It's a freaky one I guess :confused2:
I have a stage 7 with no butterflies & Marks pipes & mine runs flawless to. I have no problems with it seems like it pulls hard just like yours.

Yep. One pole of the switch would tap into the gray or signal wire and the other would be wired to ground.

would that be a wire on the round plug that you unplug to keep it open full time?
I took my tboost off....since going to cop's it didnt work anyhow.
right now I run fully open (unplugged the round connector when it cycled to the top) but would love the option of doing it without removing the side scoop....already have the toggle switch from the tboost.
is buying a plug n play tboost worth it?
mine didnt have diodes on it (just a bunch of jumbled wires....which I tore out and returned everything to original)

would that be a wire on the round plug that you unplug to keep it open full time?
I took my tboost off....since going to cop's it didnt work anyhow.
right now I run fully open (unplugged the round connector when it cycled to the top) but would love the option of doing it without removing the side scoop....already have the toggle switch from the tboost.
is buying a plug n play tboost worth it?
mine didnt have diodes on it (just a bunch of jumbled wires....which I tore out and returned everything to original)

hey man, u too? some people they work for with tboost others not so much.

anyways i just did this up. very easy.

1. find three wire plug that the tboost spliced into.
2. unplug the black wires from the plastic prying them out
3. get a on/off switch from radio shack.
4. hook the switch between the black wires. install where u want.

so u can switch to stock on the fly, or pause the servo in whatever position its in when u hit 'off'.

only thing u have to do, is the idle speed needs slight changing when going b/t open and stock.

hey man, u too? some people they work for with tboost others not so much.

anyways i just did this up. very easy.

1. find three wire plug that the tboost spliced into.
2. unplug the black wires from the plastic prying them out
3. get a on/off switch from radio shack.
4. hook the switch between the black wires. install where u want.

so u can switch to stock on the fly, or pause the servo in whatever position its in when u hit 'off'.

only thing u have to do, is the idle speed needs slight changing when going b/t open and stock.
awesome!
thanks man....just did it and works GREAT!
dont know how you pull the plugs out without breaking them.....unless my wires were corroded!
none the less....its done!
thanks again.

awesome!
thanks man....just did it and works GREAT!
dont know how you pull the plugs out without breaking them.....unless my wires were corroded!
none the less....its done!
thanks again.

there are little tangs that u have to press in with a small screwdriver (like think glasses sized) so that they release from the plastic. gotta look real close.

np. i like mine as well. just wondering, how much does the idle speed have to change when u switch b/t open and closed? mines about 200 rpms.

there are little tangs that u have to press in with a small screwdriver (like think glasses sized) so that they release from the plastic. gotta look real close.

np. i like mine as well. just wondering, how much does the idle speed have to change when u switch b/t open and closed? mines about 200 rpms.

havent checked yet....getting ready to go for a spin tho....I'll let you know.
sooo....IF I put it to normal and took off down the highway and got the vboost to kick in, then flipped my toggle it'll be open all the time ,right?

havent checked yet....getting ready to go for a spin tho....I'll let you know.
sooo....IF I put it to normal and took off down the highway and got the vboost to kick in, then flipped my toggle it'll be open all the time ,right?

haven't tested that yet, but that was my thought as well. altho there are not a lot of times i'm over 8k rpms that i'd trust taking my hands off the bars.

haven't tested that yet, but that was my thought as well. altho there are not a lot of times i'm over 8k rpms that i'd trust taking my hands off the bars.

just got my new bridgestone spitfire on the front...took it for a spin.
mine is about 1-200 rpm different too!
tried putting vboot on normal and getting up to 6500 rpm and switching it (on the toggle)
dont think it worked....didnt have the same feel/sound as it usually does.
anyhow....nice to have the toggle to use....in case I ever want to put it on reg. vboost and save gas....hahaha-like THAT will ever happen!

well remember vboost doesn't open all at once at 6500. it slowly opens and isn't fully open until 8k RPMS....

so u'd have to be above 8k rpms for that to work. all u did is keep it open it at about 15%

Back