Rims Please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
I have stock rims on my 85 megamax and was wondering what options I have in the aftermarket? I realize the rotors have to mount and was wondering what my options were...ebay has nothing under "vmax rims"

Thanks...

I'd check out Morley, COO, and Wild Bros. Racing. Do you want light or bling bling?

I went with the Carrs as they are light and I love the motoGP wheel look on the Max.

I'd check out Morley, COO, and Wild Bros. Racing. Do you want light or bling bling?

I went with the Carrs as they are light and I love the motoGP wheel look on the Max.

You know what comes after they above statement.....PICS!:biglaugh:

BTW I want the bling bling!

I'd look at Morley, Wild Bros, and Sportmax. UFO has them too but he doesn't make them and when they're wrong he doesn't stand behind them.

Chris

Have you also looked at the VMF links page for vendors of wheels? It's a great place as well.

I personally love my UFO Maxdaddy rear rim, but it was already on the bike when I bought it. I didn't have to deal with Jon. I'm going to buy a 17" version of the factory front, because I want 17's front and rear, there just seems to be far more sport tire selection in that size. I really love the look of Carrozzeria's but they only come in 18's and I don't want 18's.

Since my bike is more for touring I thought the 18" wheels would be fine as that's about all they have is touring tires. More and more people are coming out with 18" tires.

18's are the wave of the future lol. The 17's are ok for selection but suck for rpm and ground clearance plus the fenders look like crap with spacers on them. I think that egotripp quit making the max daddy (UFO wheel) though I am a dealer for them too. I do beleive RC Comp makes a similar rear I can get.

The RC's are heavy though most of the weight is in the center of the wheel.

By far the best wheel for the money is the carrozzeria wheels. See the tread in my area of the list.

Sean

I've got a set of Kosmans, I MAY be willing to part with. I could also sell you the notched swingarm so you can fit the 190 tire on it... give me a call and maybe we can work somehting out... I couldn't do it for a while since it is on my drag bike and I need it for the time being, but I'm working on a double notched swingarm so I can fit the stock rim with the H&M drag slick.

Later,

Jeff

i've got a set of kosmans, i may be willing to part with. I could also sell you the notched swingarm so you can fit the 190 tire on it... Give me a call and maybe we can work somehting out... I couldn't do it for a while since it is on my drag bike and i need it for the time being, but i'm working on a double notched swingarm so i can fit the stock rim with the h&m drag slick.

Later,

jeff

please tell me that your talking about those badass chrome ones you showed me when i picked up my bike?????please please please!

If so consider them sold! And take your time sending them as long as there here by friday! Lol! Call you later,

abe

I started with RC components and went for the Carrs. I am extremely happy that I did.

I was also very pleased with the service I got and still get from Sean Morley. Top notch guy.

Latest posts

Back