Saddlebag Options (or lack thereof) and how to properly mount them

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawkeyeD

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a brand new Vmax owner (1999). I haven't even ridden my bike yet. It's going in for a complete once-over before I put it on the road. One thing I would like to do is put saddlebags on the bike as it will be used as my commuter in the summer. So I'm looking to take business clothes and a laptop to work on my bike. I'd prefer avoid wearing a backpack while riding.

I could possibly make brackets, but I am not sure what is safe to use for mounting holes on the bike frame to align for the frames.

I am not against throw-overs, but my bike is stock, and I see the signal lights as a real problem for throw-over saddle bags. What do all of you veterans do? Modify the signal lights somehow? I have been researching on the site, but a lot of posts make assumptions at the level of knowledge some of us have and I don't have a lot when it comes to modifying bikes or anything mechanical for that matter. Many also lack angles to help see what others did with those large stock signal lights.

I'd love to hear from all of you who have made the saddlebags work on the bike. Links to the products you have used are also welcome.

Thanks muchly!!

Latest posts

Back