Saw one of these today..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Going for a blast today scoot through the traffic and pull up beside??
Wtf, looks good, unusual but I really like it, hmmm ..it's a BMW !!:ummm:
BMW don't make cruisers?? Do they??
So I get home and start Googling and found these. Pity it only puts out 61HP.
Personally I think you love it or hate it, seeing it in the flesh I thought it looked awesome.:punk:

Here's a custom one on youtube and some sample pics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ_sv1uXrLM&feature=related

Attachments

• BMW_R_1200_C_custom.jpg
    BMW_R_1200_C_custom.jpg
    99 KB
always thought they were kinda neat, only made 'em a few years here in the US i believe.

You can trick em out, remember seeing one in Resident Evil III? Milla got to pose with em :punk: hmmm kinda makes me want one.

Attachments

• 2007-BMW-K-1200-R-Resident-Evil-3-Co-Star-B-640.jpg
    2007-BMW-K-1200-R-Resident-Evil-3-Co-Star-B-640.jpg
    51.4 KB
Man I wish I could ride all year around!!!!!!Damm it My bike has been in storage for over a month now!!!!!!

That bike very distinctly resembles a few of the newer Triumph motorcycles. Good bikes.

the one with milla is the K1200, totally different bike! The full faired versions are actually quite fast! 160hp!

The r1200 always reminded me of a vrod in a way.

I saw a guy here with one.
It does look pretty good, I was surprised when I saw it was a BMW.
In general, are BMW a good motorcycle brand ? Never try to ride one.

I wish I could get a K1300R or later a lo-rider :)

Personally I think you love it or hate it, seeing it in the flesh I thought it looked awesome.:punk:

This model, I believe, is the one James Bond jumped over the helicopter while hand-cuffed to an Asian chick.....

Have seen a few of these on TM but only a few , also came across a couple with a higher arse end . That must be another model . :confused2:

I think they may have changed style over the 7 years they were made.
Apparently they are reasonably rare, hence why I had never seen one here in NZ.
I know it's a love/hate thing but I'm in love. I think it's unique looking as is a Vmax.
...now I want one

Attachments

• R1200C%20IndOrientBlue-Ivory%20high.jpg
    R1200C%20IndOrientBlue-Ivory%20high.jpg
    74.6 KB
Last edited:
I think they may have changed style over the 7 years they were made.
Apparently they are reasonably rare, hence why I had never seen one here in NZ.
I know it's a love/hate thing but I'm in love. I think it's unique looking as is a Vmax.
...now I want one

With lots of mods and chromey bits on it no doubt . :punk:

I saw one of these like a week ago. They are pretty cool looking in my opinion. Sound kinda strange, or at least the one I saw did. I think they were also in a James Bond film when they first started making them.

Nice lines, fat boy style rims, cool eye cluster, sharp...sharp!!.. I like it. beamer has a fine rep. looks like fun.

Hmm, I had looked on TM and didn't see any, probably looking in the wrong place.
I'd be keen but Mrs Jedi would make me feel about as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.:eusa_snooty:

..I'd have to hide it

5 is an un even number , but dont you already live in the garage .
But then they do have a 15' rear tyre ........ need i say more . :rofl_200:

The BMW K1200R is a naked motorcycle producing 163 hp (122 kW) @ 10,250 rpm from its transverse-mounted 1,157 cc inline-4 engine with torque of 94 ft?lbf (127 N?m) @ 8,250 rpm. Acceleration to 60 mph (97 km/h) from a standing start is claimed to be 2.6 seconds.
The cylinder block is canted toward the front wheel by 55 degrees to reduce the entire motorcycle?s centre of gravity, permitting innovating packaging solutions.[clarification needed] The optional electronic suspension adjustment (ESA) system allows the rider to adjust for different road conditions and varying loads for an individualized riding style. A three-way catalytic converter in the exhaust is present to meet low emissions. As an option, the bike is available with ABS brakes.
In 2007 the K1200R Sport was launched, which is identical other than the addition of a small fairing.[1]
At the time of launch BMW Motorrad claimed that the K1200R was the world's most powerful naked bike. However, this is no longer true following the launch of the 184 hp (137 kW) Suzuki B-King. British magazine RiDE tested the B-King and K1200R together and found that despite the extra power of the B-King, the K1200R was faster accelerating and had a 9 mph higher top speed.[2]
In 2008, BMW USA added the Apple Green colour option to the K1200R lineup. In other markets, such as the United Kingdom, Sunny Yellow, Dark Graphite and White Aluminium are available as colour options.
At the end of 2008, the K1200R was replaced by the larger displacement K1300R, which features a 1,293 cc engine producing 175 bhp (130 kW), torque of 103 lb?ft (140 N?m).
As of November 2009[update], neither the K1200R nor the K1300R are offered for sale in the USA.

That K1300R is just an evil looking machine. :punk:

bmwk1300r2.jpg

Latest posts

Back