Shinko Tire Information

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just as good of deals as anyone is pinwall cycle. same basically as bikebandit once u calculate shipping:

stock front, 170 rear:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shin...rcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e5aee1307

120 front, 170 rear:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shin...rcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item1e5ae5aa0f

Damn! $146 with shipping for both? Just replaced my Avon AM42 with the same and it cost $149 for just the one tire (bought locally). I got 14,183 miles out of the old one. Damn good considering how I ride and it remained sticky throughout its life. I only got 6000 miles on the factory Dunlop and it offered very little traction the last 1000 miles of its life. I know the Avons are expensive, but I really like the look of the tread, and get good traction and mileage. I think that the Shinkos look like truck tires with the big tread blocks.

untitled1.JPG
To me it looks like a sporty radial tire. and that is one of the reasons I like it so much.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    195.1 KB · Views: 10
oh yea i see. i like the rear but not the front.

I have a few more miles on the Shinkos I installed last year. These tires are great! I don't beat hell out of the bike, and for semi-sane riding, they seem fine.

I like them so much, I bought a set to fit my wife's Burgman 400 Scooter.
Less than $70.00/set from Motorcycle Superstore. (I spent $5.00 more and got free shipping!)

I'll post a review of the scooter tires here after some miles. Figure that will add to the general Shinko knowledge here. Besides, someone else may have a scooter here (at least I'm willing to admit it!:punk:)

i just bought an 01 max and i need tires. i will give these a shot. should i go 120 and 170?

thanks,
sid

i like the look a lot. most guys really like the 170 rear, the front is kind of a choice thing. they will both fit no problem. here is a 120 and 170 on my bike....

Attachments

• 2010-02-21 15.10.58.jpg
    2010-02-21 15.10.58.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 41
  • SSPX0344.jpg
    SSPX0344.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 40
  • SSPX03522.jpg
    SSPX03522.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 36
I went with 170 rear 110 front.

Neither will do anything for handling (fatter only makes the bike turn slower) but they do look badass.

Got the Shinko scooter tires in today. These look to be as good quality as the ones I put on the Max. Nest set goes onto the RoadStar. Gonna need them by the Gettysburg run in July for sure!

Back