silly 4 wheelers!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayV4

Reaction score
well its been freezing outside here in uk, well we had a warm (ever so slightly) day, so rode out with a few friends for a coffee and my friend with his subaru wrx sti squ jkf wqr .. whatever ... has been absolutely itching to for a race since I was back on the road in sept

So 1am freezing my tits off I agree to a drag race on a 1/8 mile strip of road we use

before I say how this went down, this is the crap I have to put up with:
- I'm import faster than the other scoobys
- I'm pushing over 300bhp
- Your SCOOTER doesn't have the power!

me: *sighs*

So well I had a quick shoot down by myself just to test the road 7k rpm in 1st a little bit of poorly 2nd (slipping) then in to third and that'll do .. no sweat

ready.. set .. go.. easily a third of the track i couldnt see his headlights and in the heat of the moment AH SHIT! NEUTRAL! click.. click.. 2nd.. slip.. he flys by .. slip.. 3rd minor catch up I lose :(

'you let me win!!!' my reply 'no bro your scooby is quick!' wink* wink*

so we have a race back to the start... I wonder why I wanged it the 1st time.... I'm riding a GOD DAMN VMAX!!! ... so I fucked with him

stayed at his side.. level pegging with 1st gear... max was only at 5k rpm... he slips in front for a minor second whilst I work my way gently in to 3rd and BOOST BABY!!!

even made it into 4th?!?!

in all fairness he taken his loss with a pinch of salt.. a hand shake and a
'you beat me by like 4 cars length!'

today his cousin is buying an evo 6 and wants a dabble.. *sighs*

silly 4 wheelers

WE ARE VMAX! GO GO VMAX!!!

Agreed, on pavement you win.anywhere else, snow dirt, wet,? those sti's are FAST!

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

How much snow you guys get over there?

I'm pretty much dead centre of uk we had 14" a few weeks back, up north they had alot more

we'll see what tomorrow brings if there's an evo that wants an ass kicking!

thanks for the comments would like to hear others storys!

I don't have much now but plan on being real busy this riding season!..........................:punk:

WRX owners tend to be pretty full of themselves for whatever reason. They're like 250hp stock.....really not all that much for a modern sports car. Loads of other sedans and coupes now are getting that and more, without a turbo.
Hell Ford has a 360HP twin-turbo V6 out that eats these "hot" scoobys for breakfast.

It's a turbo version of what is otherwise a painfully slow, sluggish, unresponsive engine originally designed to take hippies to hiking trails(they even feature this in their commercials). Adding a blower bumps it from "driving hell" to "acceptable", not much more IMO.

well sunday came and gone, my friend didnt have his evo with him due to no tax and text but seen me have a rund downn the strip and forfitted :eusa_dance:

GO GO VMAX!

WRX owners tend to be pretty full of themselves for whatever reason. They're like 250hp stock.....really not all that much for a modern sports car. Loads of other sedans and coupes now are getting that and more, without a turbo.
Hell Ford has a 360HP twin-turbo V6 out that eats these "hot" scoobys for breakfast.

It's a turbo version of what is otherwise a painfully slow, sluggish, unresponsive engine originally designed to take hippies to hiking trails(they even feature this in their commercials). Adding a blower bumps it from "driving hell" to "acceptable", not much more IMO.

hahaha that is funny and true. I've seen my share of ego overload subbie/evo owners as well. It's all fun until you start breaking drivetrain components. All that powwahh has to go somewhere....

hahaha that is funny and true. I've seen my share of ego overload subbie/evo owners as well. It's all fun until you start breaking drivetrain components. All that powwahh has to go somewhere....

his scooby runs alright after we deter the 'wanna be mechanics' away, we fitted a second fuel pump and swirl tank last week, now its a pleasure to drive about as to it used to be like all grunt or nothing

its unfortunate about my 2nd, its been like this for the last month mind, gear works fine without throttling it

Back