Son of a#@%$%$ mother ^$^&%$^

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little rubber plug inside that cover. Use a sparkplug screwed into it to pull it out, install new plug and refill. Should definately be covered under your 30 day warrenty. I've never tried to re-use those plugs so don't know if you can clean it and reinstall it. I wouldn't. Probably won't have the plug in stock so I'd say at least 10 days in the shop. Good luck.

Little rubber plug inside that cover. Use a sparkplug screwed into it to pull it out, install new plug and refill. Should definately be covered under your 30 day warrenty. I've never tried to re-use those plugs so don't know if you can clean it and reinstall it. I wouldn't. Probably won't have the plug in stock so I'd say at least 10 days in the shop. Good luck.

Ok.....that's the rubber plugs people talk about.....

Thanks for the quick reply!!!:biglaugh:

all things considered u should be able to tell w/in a few seconds if thats the issue.. really easy to pull the cover off and then the plug out.

all things considered u should be able to tell w/in a few seconds if thats the issue.. really easy to pull the cover off and then the plug out.

Yes.....but I think I will wait untill I talk to them tomorrow.....:damn angry:

I just noticed that you are in NY. I sometimes forget that not everyone lives in toadsuck oregon. You may be able to get the plug at the dealer. I think I paid like 4 bucks for each of mine. You might want to remove that cover, it's only 1 screw and verify the rubber is leaking. That cover goes up to the head gasket too and that's another possiblility but I'd bet its the plug. If you verify it then let them look at it, you'll know right away if you're getting excellant service after the sale or a big ol' tube snake.
Once again, Good luck.

I just noticed that you are in NY. I sometimes forget that not everyone lives in toadsuck oregon. You may be able to get the plug at the dealer. I think I paid like 4 bucks for each of mine. You might want to remove that cover, it's only 1 screw and verify the rubber is leaking. That cover goes up to the head gasket too and that's another possiblility but I'd bet its the plug. If you verify it then let them look at it, you'll know right away if you're getting excellant service after the sale or a big ol' tube snake.
Once again, Good luck.

Good point....Thank You:punk:

Once again, Good luck.

agreed... just removing the cover will show u if the rubber is leaking, i can't imagine what else would be?:confused2:

agreed... just removing the cover will show u if the rubber is leaking, i can't imagine what else would be?:confused2:

I have to call them in the morning......I think I will pull that cover now that I know whats behind it.....:worthy:

Well...I called the Stealership this morning.....They want to pick it up....

The front brakes are in and they want to do both jobs at the same time at their shop......they were supposed to call me back with a time for pickup and I have not heard from them yet......:damn angry:

Time to buy more beer:biglaugh:

Bonk....It's friday morning now:bang head:

i feel ur pain... this is why i try to do everything that I can. i know its done right and i'm in charge of when it gets done (unless waiting on parts)

did you ever remove that cover? all it takes is an allen key

i feel ur pain... this is why i try to do everything that I can. i know its done right and i'm in charge of when it gets done (unless waiting on parts)

did you ever remove that cover? all it takes is an allen key

Brakes are easy too-Boom. Maybe you could get them to send you new pads, the 4 rubber plugs and we could easily talk you through the fix.

It's gotta be better than putting up with all the frustration this deal is causing.

They picked it up yesterday......we shall see....

No I did not touch it....I did not want them to be able to blame me for anything....They say they will make it right.....they have a decent reputation so we wait and see...:damn angry:

any word yet man?

It rolled back into my driveway at 4:30 this afternoon.......they say it was a loose hose clamp....

It was 43 degrees and we went on an 18 mile ride:biglaugh:

That Vboost is fun:eusa_dance:

Is there any external way to know if the stock exhaust has been modded??

She sounds a little raucous for stock.....:confused2:

And it seems a little rich.....Runs good tho:biglaugh:

Is there any external way to know if the stock exhaust has been modded??

She sounds a little raucous for stock.....:confused2:

Glad to hear it's all sorted for you!

Usually a lot of people drill holes in the stock mufflers for a slightly louder exhaust note, maybe one will post pics of their drilled one I can take a pic or two of my non-drilled one tomorrow.

Glad to hear it's all sorted for you!

Usually a lot of people drill holes in the stock mufflers for a slightly louder exhaust note, maybe one will post pics of their drilled one I can take a pic or two of my non-drilled one tomorrow.

Looks stock as far as I can tell......sounds great with the helmet on....

Not so good without it......

How much of a gap is there between the rivited endcap and the body of the muff??:confused2:

Also....I don't seem to be able to feel the transmission shifting like my old bike......no clicking into gear...is this normal??

Last edited:
Looks stock as far as I can tell......sounds great with the helmet on....

Not so good without it......

How much of a gap is there between the rivited endcap and the body of the muff??:confused2:

Also....I don't seem to be able to feel the transmission shifting like my old bike......no clicking into gear...is this normal??

yea if you post a pic i'm sure we could take a look. i don't have a pic of a stock one but i'm sure someone does...

i feel like the vmax is not the most cleanly idling bike or anything... both of mine have never been like a 200x crotch rocket or anything as smooth as those...

anyways glad to hear its sorted out, and what do you mean about clicking? are the gears slipping?

Latest posts

Back