Strange symptoms...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok... It was determined the PO had the floats leaned way out to compensate for a set of huge mains. After Danny set my floats to factory height, the big mains were causing the bike to load up after prolonged idle. The bike still had a high speed bumble which was determined to be lack of carb vent lines resulting in incorrect pressures or something when catching gusts at speed. My final tune is as follows: 147.5 mains, all other jets stock, 1 shim under clip on needles, idle mixture screw at 2.5 on front left (#2) carb with the rest at 3.5, k&n filter in stock airbox WITH "Y" in place, full Holeshot 4-2 exhaust. Bike runs absurdly well.

Glad to here it's going well.
When you say lack of carb vent lines are you referring to the 4 that go up to the airbox?
I have 4 for sale if you need them.

Glad that it was a simple fix. Usually the carb problems that are posted on this forum are issues caused by the PO and then they sell the bike.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Ok... It was determined the PO had the floats leaned way out to compensate for a set of huge mains. After Danny set my floats to factory height, the big mains were causing the bike to load up after prolonged idle. The bike still had a high speed bumble which was determined to be lack of carb vent lines resulting in incorrect pressures or something when catching gusts at speed. My final tune is as follows: 147.5 mains, all other jets stock, 1 shim under clip on needles, idle mixture screw at 2.5 on front left (#2) carb with the rest at 3.5, k&n filter in stock airbox WITH "Y" in place, full Holeshot 4-2 exhaust. Bike runs absurdly well.

Glad to hear it! :thumbs up:

Something doesn't seem right if you got one idle mixture screw at 2.5 & the others at 3.5. :ummm:

Dave

Back