Thank you Sean and Chris !!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I had Sean clean my clogged up carbs and while he did that I asked him to install his jet kit. Chris has the same setup as I do and Chris told Sean what setup he had so we set mine up the same way.

Once I got it back together and synched and test rode it I had a stumble from 4-6K and Sean had me add another washer on the needle and I just finished that and tested it and

WOW !!!!

It runs great! God it flies, I thought it was fast when I first got it with the UFO pipes but now with Mark's exhaust and Sean's kit it is a beast. I took it out on a long country rode to really test it and I took off real hard and when I hit second my front end came off the ground about 2 feet, scared the crap out of me it didn't do that before.

I fixed my exhaust so now they are on correct and I added my case guards so now all I have to do is add my new grips. I think that will have to wait until after I heal from my surgery on Thursday.. I should be down about 6-8 weeks but when I can I will installed my Vista cruise, both rear and front tires and grips..

Damn I am a happy camper. Those of you who have followed me knows that all I have had were problems since the 2nd day I owned the bike when I had the dealership try to install Sean's Kit, they screwed up my bike and then Sean put it back to stock for me and gave me a refund for the kit ( What a guy ) then over the winter something plugged my pilot jets and it wouldn't run worth shit. Now that Sean cleaned the carbs and installed his jet kit it is

AWESOME !!

:eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :punk: :punk: :punk:

Ron

I cant WAIT to be able to get my bike tuned properly. I can tell when I ride it now that she's not right. I'm jealous.

Yes, I said that in my post.. that I will be able to do.... and trust me the last thing I need again is a plugged pilot jet...

Awesome! Get some ethanol use stabil and put it in and run it for a while until through the whole system.

I just bought a jug of Seafoam........ I will make sure to keep some on that in there on each tank.

You know I was just thinking about how Seafoam or any other products that you should add to your gas should make little throw away plastic tube of the stuff so you can carry it in your pocket and add when you fill up.

It's isn't as easy as with a car you can't just carry the Seafoam around with you on the bike. I don't think I'll hold my breath........lol

If you're using straight gasoline with no E then you'll be fine. Running seafoam in every tank isn't recommended. You can look at startron as well which is meant to stabilize ethanol fuel for long periods.

Chris

I BOUGHT MY BIKE NEW , LEFTOVER 3 YEARS AGO , AND MY CARBS. WERE ALL CLOGGED UP FROM SITTING ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR WITH GAS IN IT , HAD TO FLAT BED IT BACK TO THE DEALER WITH ONLY 76 MILES ON IT , WOULD NOT RUN ! ... AFTER GETTING IT BACK FROM 2 TRIPS TO THE DEALER IT WAS 90% BETTER , BUT THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM TOLD ME TO PUT SEA FOAM IN IT & THAT FIXED IT 100% AFTER JUST 9 MILES , SO I BOUGHT A GALLON OF SEA FOAM 3 YEARS AGO , AND 2 WEEKS AGO I BOUGHT MY SECOND GALLON ! ... I RUN 1.50 - 2.00 ONCES IN EVERY TANK & I DO USE THAT STAR-TRON ANTI ALGIE ADDITIVE ALSO , AND AFTER 3 YEARS MY BIKE IS STILL RUNNING " KICK-ASS " , ASK " DANNYMAX " LAST WEEK-END AT THE BROWNIE RUN WE DRAG RACED TWICE & WE WERE SIDE BY SIDE WRIGHT UP UNTIL 125 MPH , WHEN HE HIT HIS NITROUS OXIDE BUTTON AND WALKED AWAY , IT WAS GREAT ! ... BUT I LOVE SEA FOAM ! ... :punk:

If you're using straight gasoline with no E then you'll be fine. Running seafoam in every tank isn't recommended. You can look at startron as well which is meant to stabilize ethanol fuel for long periods.

Chris

All we have up here is E10

I BOUGHT MY BIKE NEW , LEFTOVER 3 YEARS AGO , AND MY CARBS. WERE ALL CLOGGED UP FROM SITTING ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR WITH GAS IN IT , HAD TO FLAT BED IT BACK TO THE DEALER WITH ONLY 76 MILES ON IT , WOULD NOT RUN ! ... AFTER GETTING IT BACK FROM 2 TRIPS TO THE DEALER IT WAS 90% BETTER , BUT THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM TOLD ME TO PUT SEA FOAM IN IT & THAT FIXED IT 100% AFTER JUST 9 MILES , SO I BOUGHT A GALLON OF SEA FOAM 3 YEARS AGO , AND 2 WEEKS AGO I BOUGHT MY SECOND GALLON ! ... I RUN 1.50 - 2.00 ONCES IN EVERY TANK & I DO USE THAT STAR-TRON ANTI ALGIE ADDITIVE ALSO , AND AFTER 3 YEARS MY BIKE IS STILL RUNNING " KICK-ASS " , ASK " DANNYMAX " LAST WEEK-END AT THE BROWNIE RUN WE DRAG RACED TWICE & WE WERE SIDE BY SIDE WRIGHT UP UNTIL 125 MPH , WHEN HE HIT HIS NITROUS OXIDE BUTTON AND WALKED AWAY , IT WAS GREAT ! ... BUT I LOVE SEA FOAM ! ... :punk:

I also use Sea foam alot, I used it in my 85 Max and now in my 05 Max. I use it in the lawn mower and snowblower as well,great stuff!

I read all the views about Seafoam and as like everything there are different views. Some love it and some like it, some say don't use it.

I know this winter was the first time I ever used Seafoam and in the spring I had to take my carbs off and send to Sean to be cleaned, one maybe more of the pilot jets were blocked, Sean sent me one so I know one was blocked for sure.

So although a lot of you praise Seafoam, my first use of it didn't go so well.

I am still using it but I wish there were some soild info about Seafoam and how often to use it.

Where I live all you can find is E10 so I wish I could find out what is best to run, I think if you run Seafoam and a additive that might cause some problems..my opinion but I have no facts to back it up.

Wish there was a for sure way to add things to our gas, I mean a proven way that works for sure and there is no risk of anything bad happening.

Ron

All there is here in FL is E10 also. I have used SeaFoam a few times in the past and it helped clearing my (carb) throat a little bit.

BUT, when I stored my bike in November (knowing I wouldn't be here to ride until at least April, and in the end it was May!), this is what I did:

- before putting it away, I put the recommended amount of Stabil in the tank
- as I parked it, I disconnected the fuel pump, and let it run until it died (empty fuel bowls)
- switched off, reconnected fuel pump, disconnected the battery -
- covered it (capsule cover), and left.

In May, I came back. Reconnected the battery, switched on and off 3-4 times until fuel pump stopped clicking, and hit the Start button.
Bike started on first try, and ran perfectly. Full choke for a few seconds, 1/4-1/8 choke for the first mile or so, went to the nearest station, filled up with E10, and took it for a long ride.

No carb problems whatsoever. If you're gonna put it away for that amount of time, I highly recommend storing it with dry carbs - it worked perfectly for me. Also, Stabil in the gas stopped it from turning bad - I think 6 months was pretty good going!

+1 to what G says !
That's the same way I store my generator between hurricane seasons. It always starts - never had to clean the carb yet.
I know you won't be able to ride Ron, but starting it & letting it run for 10 minutes every now & then should surely help.
Good luck with your surgery !!!

All there is here in FL is E10 also. I have used SeaFoam a few times in the past and it helped clearing my (carb) throat a little bit.

BUT, when I stored my bike in November (knowing I wouldn't be here to ride until at least April, and in the end it was May!), this is what I did:

- as I parked it, I disconnected the fuel pump, and let it run until it died (empty fuel bowls)

In May, I came back. Reconnected the battery, switched on and off 3-4 times until fuel pump stopped clicking, and hit the Start button.
Bike started on first try, and ran perfectly. Full choke for a few seconds, 1/4-1/8 choke for the first mile or so, went to the nearest station, filled up with E10, and took it for a long ride.

No carb problems whatsoever. If you're gonna put it away for that amount of time, I highly recommend storing it with dry carbs - it worked perfectly for me. Also, Stabil in the gas stopped it from turning bad - I think 6 months was pretty good going!

For long Michigan winters I do close to the same thing, full tank of gas with sea foam added. Run the bike to make sure it is all through the system, drain the bowls and remove my battery. Starts up every spring with no problem, sea foam is a gas conditioner and stabilizer as well. I use it a few times during the riding season also. Eagle, I think the most important thing is to keep the tank full and drain the bowls, then use the product of your choice..

I agree with you 100 %, I spoke to a Marine mechanic and he suggested draining the bowls and keeping gas out of them while being stored. A 180 of the advice I followed last year which was keep gas in to make sure gaskets don't dry out.

This fall I plan to do everything you do except I won't discount the battery because I ahve a Battery Tender Jr connected to it and that worked well this last winter. Everything else you sai I plan to do. I was going to drain the bowls by the drain screws but running it until it stalls sounds better and easier to be frank.
Thanks for your suggestions I am saving your post and it will be my checklist this fall

Thank you
Ron

I also use Sea foam alot, I used it in my 85 Max and now in my 05 Max. I use it in the lawn mower and snowblower as well,great stuff!
ME TOO , SNOW BLOWER , LAWN MOWER , WEED WHACKER , LEAF BLOWER , V-MAX .! ... :punk:

I will continue to keep gas in my carbs over the winter. :)

I have been doing that to my Max for 14 years. Seafoam in tank, run for several minutes, shut off. Turn key ever 2 days.

Latest posts

Back