Thank you Sean and Chris !!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, we have the option of 87 w/o Ethanol. If I had to use E10 I would probably either drain or use BG Supercharge in addition to regular storage methods.

I BOUGHT MY BIKE NEW , LEFTOVER 3 YEARS AGO , AND MY CARBS. WERE ALL CLOGGED UP FROM SITTING ON THE SHOWROOM FLOOR WITH GAS IN IT , HAD TO FLAT BED IT BACK TO THE DEALER WITH ONLY 76 MILES ON IT , WOULD NOT RUN ! ... AFTER GETTING IT BACK FROM 2 TRIPS TO THE DEALER IT WAS 90% BETTER , BUT THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM TOLD ME TO PUT SEA FOAM IN IT & THAT FIXED IT 100% AFTER JUST 9 MILES , SO I BOUGHT A GALLON OF SEA FOAM 3 YEARS AGO , AND 2 WEEKS AGO I BOUGHT MY SECOND GALLON ! ... I RUN 1.50 - 2.00 ONCES IN EVERY TANK & I DO USE THAT STAR-TRON ANTI ALGIE ADDITIVE ALSO , AND AFTER 3 YEARS MY BIKE IS STILL RUNNING " KICK-ASS " , ASK " DANNYMAX " LAST WEEK-END AT THE BROWNIE RUN WE DRAG RACED TWICE & WE WERE SIDE BY SIDE WRIGHT UP UNTIL 125 MPH , WHEN HE HIT HIS NITROUS OXIDE BUTTON AND WALKED AWAY , IT WAS GREAT ! ... BUT I LOVE SEA FOAM ! ... :punk:

DAMMIT!!
I missed all the good action at brownie run!

Here's my trick I've started doing:

Hotel shampoo bottles. Yep, those tiny little plastic things. I had a crapload all in a drawer in my bathroom, so I used a few, washed them out good. The ones I had (which I believe were all from a Hampton Inn) held almost exactly one ounce. For the blue sta-bil, half a shampoo bottle is right for each fill up. (1 ounce treats 10 gallons). I can fit four around the gas cap under the seat. If you lost the tool kit, I bet you could fit a flask of whatever in it's place and be set for a while. Give your vmax a 'lil nip!

Still, I haven't found a solid connection that the "use every tank" additives really do anything. As I've mentioned before, my Max runs great except for this "lag" in throttle response in the 4-6k range. It comes and goes, often several times on the same tank. Sometimes when I've used an additive at the last fill up it doesn't do it at all, and other times it still does. Sometimes it runs fine with no additives.

And Eagle, I notice you mentioned you had a "stumble" in the 4-6k range, and that adding a washer helped solved that. Might have to try that.

Interesting..

I am seriously considering a kit - but I have heard some some people have been having a lot of tuning problems after jetting.

Interesting..

I am seriously considering a kit - but I have heard some some people have been having a lot of tuning problems after jetting.

That's the whole thing about getting a kit, you can tune it. It's true that guys have had some issues gettting it right but that happens with DynoJet also, I had DynoJet in my past bikes and had tuning issues.

I got my carbs back in Friday and I was having a issue in the low range 3-4K Sean had me put another washer on the needle and it ran great.. Today I took it out and now I'm having a little stumble at 6-7K in 1st or 2nd gear. I know Sean is busy this weekend but I'm sure he will tell me what to do to fix that. Other than the little stumble between 6-7K which lasts about 1 sec.......lol it runs great

If you are going to have someone install it with a dyno they will be able to get it right on... if you decide to buy one and do it yourself I'm sure Sean will help you. I think it is well worth it.

The thing I like about Seans kit is you can always go back to stock... If you get one I wouldn't drill the diaphragm.

MIne is very close to perfect, I thought it was perfect Friday and I'm sure it will be as soon as I can talk to Sean.

Ron

My experience with two Vmaxes from 1998 till now, both with stock carbs. My first one never had any carb problems, even when sitting for several months. My second and current one has had one complete redo (complete teardown and all gaskets and o-rings replaced) and gets plenty of Seafoam. It currently needs another complete redo as it sat for about 3 months without being driven and is not running right. The only difference is we now have 10% ethanol in our gas. I have to assume the ethanol is a large part of the problem.

My experience with two Vmaxes from 1998 till now, both with stock carbs. My first one never had any carb problems, even when sitting for several months. My second and current one has had one complete redo (complete teardown and all gaskets and o-rings replaced) and gets plenty of Seafoam. It currently needs another complete redo as it sat for about 3 months without being driven and is not running right. The only difference is we now have 10% ethanol in our gas. I have to assume the ethanol is a large part of the problem.

Well Duh !!! Not saying anyhting bad towards you but that wa my way to say Hell yeah it;s the E10, now what can we do to resolve this issue. Tearing out carbs apart every 3 mnths is not a good option except for the guy who has done 2 of mine so far, the are not cheap.

Someone has to figure it out..what Iam doing when not using the bike for a while is draning the bowls every fall.

Once again no offence to the poster but I have to vent on this....

Ron

I passed by a station while out riding this weekend that had a sign for real gas, no ethanol. I would have stopped but I just filled up about 15 min before.

Too bad the station is 55 miles from my house. I would burn damn near a half of a tank just getting to the station.

I passed by a station while out riding this weekend that had a sign for real gas, no ethanol. I would have stopped but I just filled up about 15 min before.

Too bad the station is 55 miles from my house. I would burn damn near a half of a tank just getting to the station.

Found a place here too I think it is the only one and it isn't too far from home... so now I have 3/4 gas 1/4 E10 in my tabk now

Latest posts

Back