think there should be more?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
Just got this run put on a file I could post. this is the second tuner its been to,the first one was only 1hp less but only 18 mpg.Rob ,my current dyno guy, got 129+ but 25-32mpg depending on my mood:damn angry::biglaugh:.
I think (after a year of tinkering w/efi) that theres more in there,maybe lean it out a little, what the leanest these maxes will run safely,wheres their happy:biglaugh: spot?

Attachments

• welddone_dyno_file_4.jpg
    welddone_dyno_file_4.jpg
    64.2 KB
In my opinion (and may professionals), a carb system setup correctly (and comparable t/b size) will always out HP an EFI system. The advantage of the EFI is that once you get the initial conversion sorted out it's easier to retune for configuration changes and will self correct to changing conditions.

Sean

Wild bros system wont self correct without spending $2500 more for motormanagement system.:confused2:but do you think there should be more hp,how lean can I run?

Last edited:
Typically best power is around 13:1 and best torque a little fatter then that. Light throttle positions can be much leaner for economy.

Sean

One HUGE issue is you are showing us a dyno chart from a 100% throttle pull. If you ride around at full throttle all day, then I wouldn't expect much more than 20 mpg. However what I would like to see is what the AFR looks like at 2, 5, 10, 15, 20% throttle at 2000 to 5000 rpm.

If it was slobberingly rich, that's a good place to start. Remember, you don't have to be richer than 14-14.7:1 at cruise. If the bike starts to do the third gear polka and feels like she's shuffling around underneath you at part throttle, a little more fuel will help, but you don't need to go richer for safety at those points. Some Honda automobiles are running as lean as 17:1 in those areas. There's so little heat generated the piston domes do not soften and there's so little load that there's no danger of putting holes through pistons.

One question: Does your EFI have battery voltage compensation?

OK, Good. w/o voltage compensation I've seen machines have awful difficulty w/idle and low rpm part throttle day to day variations.

Did both tuners do step and hold testing at the rpm and throttle position at which you usually drive around? did they do holding at 2000 rpm and low throttle and progress upwards in small steps?

What are your small to mid throttle air fuels ratios like?

Factory carb readings at low throttle inputs will be off the chart lean 18+ which in most cases will not hurt these engines. Not sure I would go that way myself but 15-17 I would not be afraid of.

Sean

Who makes the Wildbros ECU? I assume they didn't make their own. I'd like to see the GUI.

Latest posts

Back