This bike eats rear tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Verge is a dual compound tire as well.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

How about the Rune? How many miles on that tire?

Todd

+13K on the last 205/50 car tire riding mostly superslab and pulling my trailer.

Approx 4.5K on my last m/c tire mostly superslab but not pulling a trailer. The Rune rear m/c tires were quickly reaching almost $300 each and so I converted to the Dark Side.

Here's a few pictures of Darren modifying my subframe to accept the 205/50 car tire width and also fabbing up my hitch.

New digital camera group 007.jpg

P7171020.jpg

P7171022.jpg

P7171024.jpg

P7141015.jpg

P7141016.jpg

P7141018.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

anyone tried a (drum roll) car tire on the beast? Not trying to get a massive pissin contest going over tires,Lol,just wondered..I'm looking at going to Gen2 later in year..Cheers!

I don't think the Gen 2 would look good with a car tire on back. I think it has to have a MC tire on it. Of course that's my opinion. I just think it would look weird.

Todd

It'd be cheaper, that's for sure. But I think cornering ability might suffer a bit.

I have had a car tire on mine for over 2 years.I cant really tell any difference between the bike tire and the car tire.Got over 8000 miles on it,Maybe half gone.Wish you the best with whatever you choose.

Car tires work for some people who don't ride hard, and I know someone will post the picture up of the gold wing going through deals gap on the car tire. They may work for some people in some situations, but I know they wouldnt work for me the way I ride.

Todd

Two totally different worlds. I love the car tire on my NRX, znd can hold my own against the majority of fellow Runeriders as far as that goes, and considering it's very low ground clearance. But I would not, in a million years, ever consider putting one on either of my Vmaxes.

Here are a few pict's of mine with the car tire,And i truly cant say anything bad about it .My 5th gear speed is better at crusing around 65 mph,rpm a lil slower ,Went through two bike tires at about 10,000miles,Got around 8000 on this one and no problem.It,s not a road racer,Or a corner carving beast.Never was even with the bike tires,For me it's a stoplight killer,Win more than i lose.Very pleased with it,Like most things,Don't knock it till you try different strokes for diffrent folk's

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    66.5 KB
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    44.4 KB
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    54.3 KB
Here are a few pict's of mine with the car tire,And i truly cant say anything bad about it .My 5th gear speed is better at crusing around 65 mph,rpm a lil slower ,Went through two bike tires at about 10,000miles,Got around 8000 on this one and no problem.It,s not a road racer,Or a corner carving beast.Never was even with the bike tires,For me it's a stoplight killer,Win more than i lose.Very pleased with it,Like most things,Don't knock it till you try different strokes for diffrent folk's

You may be a 1st, at least in the Vmax category. :punk:

I have a 2000 Max with a 17" Rear and have used Shinko, Dunlop, Metzler etc. and if I get 2500 on a tire it is worn out strip to strip. Shinko podium 6, 170 works great. The 180s seem to fight you in curves.

i had good luck with verge 190 and the advance 190 stuck but was gone in 1500 miles

Just got my Shinko Verge in the mail today. Now I am going to drop the rear tire for the first time.

Pop I ll say my opinion, It doesn't look bad from the side, but I am not a fan of looking at it from the rear, at least from that picture. It may look different in person.

Todd

Pop I ll say my opinion, It doesn't look bad from the side, but I am not a fan of looking at it from the rear, at least from that picture. It may look different in person.

Todd

i'd agree. it looks like a car tire!

Got things all wrapped up last Monday. New Shinko tire on the rear end, balanced out nice, so far, so good. 142.00 dollars shipped from Amazon. I got 43 into the mounting and disposal so out the door, new tire, 185 bucks. If I get 5000 miles out of it, I'll be satisfied.

Latest posts

Back