throttle tube? help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbutera2112

Reaction score
i ordered the python motorsports drag bars and it said they included grips...so i removed my old grips and throttle tube and discarded it...the throttle tube and grip are a complete assembly on the vmax, so i assumed the grips that come from python would include a new tube or a disclaimer saying there is no tube with them....now i have these new grips, and no throttle tube...so i called a dealership to order a throttle tube and theyre saying i have to buy the grip and tube as one piece...i dont want to buy the whole grip if i dont have to...anyone know where i can get a throttle tube or if any other one works for these bikes?

im not happy with the wording on the python website...the bars are average... overall i guess you get what you pay for

i have a spare throttle tube with grip attached. its in mint condition, so i'd see if someone has a tube first.

how much would you want for it shipped to 43004?

also, if you have a "spare" then you must have replaced it at one point? do you happen to remember where you got the other grip?

its like $50 for the grip/tube from yamaha which really sucks...i know i cant have been the only person to ever do this...and yea, i realize i shouldnt have tossed it until i had the new one, i guess i just assumed it would come with one since its a complete assembly

im looking at it now...its $36 but has the grip on it also, so if gamorg will take less than 36 ill buy his, if not ill pick this one up on ebay

The grip will come right off the stock tube if you want to fit the Progrip on it. I bought the same setup 2 years ago and really like the progrips. I did have to customize the grips a bit to get them to work with my bar ends. I used the stock chrome pieces to fit next to the control end.

Attachments

• IMG_2781.jpg
    IMG_2781.jpg
    52.3 KB
i can def beat that price. u may wanna give sean a call first, and if he doesn't i'll def send it to you. i may keep the grip and just send the tube tho.

whats the ebay #?

I think I have just the tube that I can send you. I bought some Kuryakyns and they have a GSXR throttle tube glued into them, but it looks to me like I can just use the GSXR one. If you can wait until the weekend, I will check them out to make sure. So long as it looks like I won't be needed the Vmax throttle tube, it's yours for shipping. I'll PM you once I know for sure

i have the left side buttoned up...ripped the chrome cap off the progrips and slit the hole bigger on the end and slid my bar end into it...just waiting on the tube so i can get the right side done...and yea i know the tube comes right out...i had it out and then discarded it...

gamorg, i emailed that guy...ill wait and hear back or call him later today...and you could keep the grip, i would just be destroying it most likely anyways...i just need the tube....

hopefully yukonerdave gets teh gixxer tube to work and can send me his tube...

thanks for all the backup guys, youre all life savers

i was shocked how much adjusting i had to do to get the bar to fit without the electrical boxes hitting the faux tank....finally got it just right...i have like 1/4" of clearance before they would hit lol seem to fit good now that i have them adjusted right...and the one side looks good...ill have to play around with the end caps and punch them out and slip them back over so theres no drop at the end of the grips though...but thats just little details...ill just be glad when its all together again....this coming spring will be my first season on a street bike, so im trying to get everything set up and ready lol

ive done: brake pads, brake fluid, coolant, draincock o-ring, oil, filter, gear oil, k&n air filter, bar ends, drag bar, and ill be working on different turn signals...i want frame and fork braces eventually, and a set of hardbags for commuting to school...but that wont be for awhile since im also building a mustang and its destroying my bank account lol

my dad had yamaha put a seat on it for him when he bought it *he left the bike to me*..... its a corbin seat, but says yamaha on the tag also...but its not the dreaded stock seat i keep hearing about

only part i hate about the seat, is theres a small crack in it now, but i can have it reupholstered....and i have to take it off to pump gas because my big hand doesnt fit in the little hole lol

l_51e2043f3a22424dafa0f506c95ea6ba.jpg

my dad had yamaha put a seat on it for him when he bought it *he left the bike to me*..... its a corbin seat, but says yamaha on the tag also...but its not the dreaded stock seat i keep hearing about

only part i hate about the seat, is theres a small crack in it now, but i can have it reupholstered....and i have to take it off to pump gas because my big hand doesnt fit in the little hole lol

sean can fix all of that too.

i was shocked how much adjusting i had to do to get the bar to fit without the electrical boxes hitting the faux tank....finally got it just right...i have like 1/4" of clearance before they would hit lol seem to fit good now that i have them adjusted right...and the one side looks good...ill have to play around with the end caps and punch them out and slip them back over so theres no drop at the end of the grips though...but thats just little details...ill just be glad when its all together again....this coming spring will be my first season on a street bike, so im trying to get everything set up and ready lol

ive done: brake pads, brake fluid, coolant, draincock o-ring, oil, filter, gear oil, k&n air filter, bar ends, drag bar, and ill be working on different turn signals...i want frame and fork braces eventually, and a set of hardbags for commuting to school...but that wont be for awhile since im also building a mustang and its destroying my bank account lol
It sounds like your doing everything right as far a getting all the problems out of the way during the winter. Getting the drag bar to fit properly and not hit the tank takes some doing; been there myself. I'm running wider flanders bars (31") now and they seem to have a little bit better feel (control?) than the python width (27.5").
Have fun and be careful when you get on the road! :thumbs up:

yea i hear the flanders are nicer, but i was ok with the stock bars so i figured the width of the pythons wouldnt end up bothering me....i just spent $700 on my mustang, and $300 on some more riding gear for the bike...so money was tight lol...python bars were 40 shipped, so i got them

im working my way through college, building a race car, dumping money in the max, and driving a european daily car....all on $12/hr hahah so money is tiiight

gotta have fun while im young though

never heard back from RMSportmax, and calling them goes directly to a machine...so any help is still appreciated...thanks guys

Latest posts

Back