Toxic update

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
an affordable bigger tank would be at the top of my list.

exactrep have a 20.5L replacement for $975
or with an extra few $$$ you can have a dummy cover conversion

Both will set you back quite a bit but you could carry around an extra 12L of fuel :biglaugh:

If I had a bigger motor then hell yes a bigger tank would be the bomb but for me now... I'm ready to get off at 120 miles... VERY ready to get off...

lol

Chris

Well, another day and more steps taken!! Have reached the "point of no return". Here are a couple of pics of the engine cases fresh from being CNC cut for the chain drive......

Attachments

• Engine case cut 1.jpg
    Engine case cut 1.jpg
    61 KB
  • Engine case cut 2.jpg
    Engine case cut 2.jpg
    59.5 KB
Well, it has been a while since I posted an update so here goes. Toxic has finally turned the corner with its recovery! The swingarm is off to the welders along with the tank that has now been expanded to gain a few more liters of capacity. Thank goodness for a 6" stretch giving me a ton more room out back for fuel:eusa_dance:. Wheels are powdercoated along with some bits and bobs that needed it. After welding the swingarm goes out to PC along with the ZX12 brake caliper mount and anything else that needs it. Airshifter is also in prep mode for install. Have started looking at an interesting list of folks from this forum who have a hand in parts on Toxic:

Sean Morley
Tom from COO
Maxcruiser
02Moneypit
Patmax
Satariel666
Deezeez
John Furbur
Redbone
Dannymax
Buster Hymen
Mark Milne
Chris
Veebooster
Trevor Fisher

I am sure that I have missed some of you, but that is quite impressive to me as it shows how this community LOVES to help me spend money LOL. Right now the tentative delivery date is May 15th. Will have Tom take a few more pics prior to delivery and I will take some during final assembly just to document things. Cannot wait to jump on Toxic and feel the wind in my face and see the blur of the countryside flying by:punk:

The last couple of weeks can be summed up in a single word.....delays. Unfortunately due to circumstances outside of Tom's control the delivery date had to be pushed back a bit. The good news is that I receive it day after tomorrow, which just happens to be my birthday!! Go figure LOL. Have seen some "spy photos" over the last couple of days and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! When everyone sees the finished product they will understand, as I have, why the delays and that the wait was well worth it!! This is top notch work and that doesn't do it justice! I will wait to post pics until Tom unveils things on his website first, but I promise to have the pics of it assembled on Thursday night.:punk:

Happy to hear that Toxic is coming back to life, bigger and better than it was. can't wait to see it.

Will be sitting here waiting to see the pics :surf:

Mike

Will post ASAP. Want to make sure that Tom has some pics up on his website first. Maybe check out COO's site on Thursday for some assembly pics:confused2: and mine will be up Thursday night I hope:eusa_dance: If it wouldn't get me in the s*&t with Tom I would post one of them now, sick pic of the swingarm/wheel/chain all mounted up!!

I believe that the bracing is a bit higher than it looks. Know that the shocks are compressed because the bike is being lifted by the end of the swingarm so once on the ground the bracing should be a bit higher. Still only going to have 4-6" of ground clearance. Nice thing is it doesn't lower much as the suspension compresses.

looks like a biger sprocket:ummm: may be more fun:clapping::clapping::clapping:how many teeth on that one.?

I believe that the bracing is a bit higher than it looks. Know that the shocks are compressed because the bike is being lifted by the end of the swingarm so once on the ground the bracing should be a bit higher. Still only going to have 4-6" of ground clearance. Nice thing is it doesn't lower much as the suspension compresses.
I've been bitten by Mod King Kong sharp theets again and bought k1200s swigarm to adapt the paralever into v-max...this never ends :rofl_200:

Oh one more.
Are you gonna tel us how much total coin did you invested? :)

I've been bitten by Mod King Kong sharp theets again and bought k1200s swigarm to adapt the paralever into v-max...this never ends :rofl_200:

Oh one more.
Are you gonna tel us how much total coin did you invested? :)

You are right it never ends, and no I cannot discuss money LOL. This mod cost a lot less than most would think:eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back