tried everything - now what

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are an experienced painter and have the problem you have faced before. I only paint once in a great while for myself & don't use the most current tech. If you use a solvent to cut the silicone you would think that would remove it. What about metal prep solution? That won't work to remove any silicone?

Fargo and his son came over my place and spent over 2 hours tinkering with everything. He tested the spark and we had it on all 4 cylinders. He made sure that all the rubbers were in the same place. He verified that the cops were working. He then checked the diaphrams. He decided to back out all the adjustments screws and start over with the sync. And 15 minutes later, the sync tool shows all four cylinders running at the same pressure. He also made sure that the choke was working correctly.

The bike is running great besides the 2nd gear. I believed that I messed it up the carbs when I tried to adjust it with inferior equipment. Once, I had the carb tune, the carbs were so out of wacked that I could not get the 2nd cylinder working correctly. It was an expensive lesson but now I have plenty of spare parts.

I cannot say enough for Fargo and his son, they stayed with me on their Saturday to make sure that I had a bike that I can ride. He did not give up on it. He worked until it was fixed. Thanks again Fargo.

You are an experienced painter and have the problem you have faced before. I only paint once in a great while for myself & don't use the most current tech. If you use a solvent to cut the silicone you would think that would remove it. What about metal prep solution? That won't work to remove any silicone?

I've been told that dishwasher is a good thing but if you can avoid silicon based oils you should unless you use sandpaper to take everything off. Im talking just when you want to apply a new clearcoat over the paintjob... I don't know of any solvents that can remove silicon without harming the paint.

Good deal! The world is in great shortage of good people like that. While I was in the Army I always helped out my fellow riders. Just bring over the bike and some beers and we can do whatever you need done. I just hated seeing all those young guys getting ripped off at the bike shops just because they didn't know any better.

The next time you try to synch the carbs, be sure to calibrate your synch tool first. You do this by connecting all four hoses to the same cylinder, start the engine, and adjust the gage so that they all read the same. This is assuming that the tool is adjustable. I use a Motion Pro and this is the proper way to use that one. Pain in the ass is that you have to calibrate it every time you use it.

Back