Tuneboy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave,

This has been on my Mod Monkey list since I got the Gen2.

1. Agreed. There is a YouTube video of it working on a dyno, but that is the only evidence.

2. I am familiar with a couple of Public Houses but not motorcycle shops on your side of the Atlantic.
3. MC Cruise is the gold standard. I put at least 10 hours into disassembling my bike, taking measurements and sending it to them. Admittedly my document was missing things. I asked for advice from Tony there but got nowhere. @Jim Bitolas is in Melbourne and offered to take his bike to them for the work. They said yes and then never had it happen.

The wife got me Vantrue F1
https://www.vantrue.com/products/f1

Putting it in means taking apart the back and front end of the bike, I may redo all the measurements for MC Cruise again and send it off. The one I sent them is attached.

The MC Cruise Yamaha page has the TBW systems at $670 USD. The servo systems are all over the map on price, so that makes me think that they have a very standard kit for TBW for the Yamaha but the old ones vary widely. Maybe I can document this enough to move the needle with them.

If you go with Tuneboy, please document everything. The rest of us would like to see an install and flash.

Attachments

• VMAX Gen2 Measuremets for MC Cruise.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Good morning to you all.

I've just joined this forum after taking delivery (yesterday) of my first VMAX. I've lusted over one of these for decades but one of the reasons I prevaricated, until now, was the lack of cruise control. To be honest, I was astonished that a Japanese bike that is so technologically advanced doesn't have this as standard. I'm not keen on throttle jammers, especially on a bike this powerful and heavy. Anyway, I did my research and found Tuneboy.

I know that I am behind the curve here a little but I would really value anyone's opinion. My apologies if this is covered earlier in the thread.

1. I can't seem to find a single post that says "I have fitted it; it was easy and it's great".
2. Is there anyone in the UK that can offer this as a fitted service? I have to admit that I am nervous about flashing an ECU. The fact that I can't find anyone tells me that the product might not be what Tuneboy says it is. The EU reseller is not operating anymore.
3. Am I right that the MC Cruise option looks dead in the water?

I have a response from Tuneboy (Brad) to my enquiry , who says it works well, with a 22 page instruction document, which I have attached (I haven't had a chance to read it yet).

Any information would be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Dave
I can't comment about Tuneboy on a VMax. I had actually never heard of them until I got my Ducati years ago. At the time it appeared that they had the Ducati market and then was going after some other markets/manufacturers; but this is all from memory and I don't remember shit anymore. I didn't add the cruise, but wide-band tuning. From what I remember everything worked fine, although it has been years ago at this point. I also think there has been times that others have mentioned having a hard time getting in touch with them, but I never did. Your pdf directions look pretty straight forward and it appears as though they have it documented well; and then you also get their tuning ability. Overall I don't think I would be to scared about this kit, etc. As far as flashing an ecu, it will only bother you the first few times you flash it. After that it just happens, and happens, and happens. Now having cruise on a VMax or any bike for long trips is nice, but a VMax or at least my VMax's are really designed to do that any more. Take that for what it's worth, but if that's what you need, then go for it. People have been flashing ecus for a long time now.

Dave,

1. Agreed. There is a YouTube video of it working on a dyno, but that is the only evidence.

2. I am familiar with a couple of Public Houses but not motorcycle shops on your side of the Atlantic.
3. MC Cruise is the gold standard. I put at least 10 hours into disassembling my bike, taking measurements and sending it to them. Admittedly my document was missing things. I asked for advice from Tony there but got nowhere. @Jim Bitolas is in Melbourne and offered to take his bike to them for the work. They said yes and then never had it happen.

Dave,

Putting it in means taking apart the back and front end of the bike, I may redo all the measurements for MC Cruise again and send it off. The one I sent them is attached.

The MC Cruise Yamaha page has the TBW systems at $670 USD. The servo systems are all over the map on price, so that makes me think that they have a very standard kit for TBW for the Yamaha but the old ones vary widely. Maybe I can document this enough to move the needle with them.

If you go with Tuneboy, please document everything. The rest of us would like to see an install and flash.

Thanks for this. The Yamaha page that I found in MC Cruise didn't have a single mention of the VMAX, of either generation. If I do go with Tuneboy, I will be sure to post my experiences here. Anyone forom the UK know if there is a Haynes manual for the Gen 2; I can only find Gen1?

I can't comment about Tuneboy on a VMax. I had actually never heard of them until I got my Ducati years ago. At the time it appeared that they had the Ducati market and then was going after some other markets/manufacturers; but this is all from memory and I don't remember shit anymore. I didn't add the cruise, but wide-band tuning. From what I remember everything worked fine, although it has been years ago at this point. I also think there has been times that others have mentioned having a hard time getting in touch with them, but I never did. Your pdf directions look pretty straight forward and it appears as though they have it documented well; and then you also get their tuning ability. Overall I don't think I would be to scared about this kit, etc. As far as flashing an ecu, it will only bother you the first few times you flash it. After that it just happens, and happens, and happens. Now having cruise on a VMax or any bike for long trips is nice, but a VMax or at least my VMax's are really designed to do that any more. Take that for what it's worth, but if that's what you need, then go for it. People have been flashing ecus for a long time now.
MaxCummins. Thanks for the information. It's not just the flashing, I'd get a spare ECU before I even attempted it, it's also the breaking into the loom and spending the thick end of £400 on a product that seems to have absolutely no success stories or following in either the UK, US or Aus. There's a motorbike tuning shop in town that I might give a call and see if they are interested in having a go, or if they know someone that might.

Latest posts

Back