Use of Kawasaki ZX14 Masters Brake & Clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check these sites: The first one has very nice pics of the direct mount reservoirs on Nissin masters. Check the "Note" after the Features.

http://www.british-customs.com/british-customs-billet-brake-reservoir.html

Here's another comment at a Triumph Forum:

http://www.triumphrat.net/speed-triple-forum/148228-brake-reservoir.html

By the way, I see that these reservoirs fit Nissin masters as well as Brembo rear masters (I think..not sure). I checked the internet for "Brembo Fluid Reservoir" and saw the plastic reservoir below that seems to be a direct mount and is cheap ($10 or less) but not sure it might fit. I just wonder if it would work in the ZX14 masters. The lower part that mounts directly on the master looks very similar to the other reservoirs that we have discussed and seen around here. Heck, for $10 I would buy it just to see if it works. I know it is not billet aluminum nor anodized nor chromed, but if it works and I can remove the hoses...GREAT. Or are there any direct mount plug-in plastic reservoirs available out there ?

:ummm::ummm::ummm:

Attachments

• brembo-15cc-fluid-reservoir.jpg
    brembo-15cc-fluid-reservoir.jpg
    58 KB
That was the first link. But they changed the content a bit.

By radial they mean some of the masters where the reservoir doesn't come on top horizontally. I saw a pic of those.
I guess you would be ok with those.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Makes sense. I didn't realize that Nissin had different types of radial masters. To clarify this, I checked the internet and here's 2 examples. The first one is a Nissin radial brake master with lateral/side reservoir input while the second one is a pic from a 2009 ZX14 Nissin radial brake master with the top reservoir input.

This clears up things now. I should be ok to order any top mounted reservoir. Just wish there would be direct mount plastic reservoirs to keep bike budget expenditures low.

Thanks a lot, Diablotin :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Al

Attachments

• Nissin Radial Master Side.jpg
    Nissin Radial Master Side.jpg
    13.7 KB
  • ZX14 Front Brake Master.jpg
    ZX14 Front Brake Master.jpg
    33.9 KB
'03 GSXR750 radial master have side port... Most later GSXR use side port on Nissin radial masters. '05-'06 ZX6R also use side port Nissins. There are some more but im not in the mood to look for them. I'd say that some of them might even be the same part between bike brands...

'03 GSXR750
16442d1103039629-gsxr-radial-master-cylinder-gsxr_mc.jpg

'05-'06 ZX6R
373417736_o.jpg

Back