V Max video***

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey "Bracket Killer"

I see you are into bracket racing and call yourself the bracketkiller. I reconize the track in the video, Beech Bend Raceway located in Bowling Green, KY. I have made a few passes down the track and have atttended a few Sunday races back when it was popular in the early 90's.
I just mess around now at my local track on Friday nights.
Do you ever come 40 miles south to Music City Raceway, I would like to meet you and possibly even dial them in to do some bracket racing?
Do you ever race in any gambler races / dash for cash bracket meets?
Lets meet up to do some V-MAX VS. VMAX bracket racing

Can you post some time slips I would like to see how your bike is running compared to my slug.

Yankee

Hey Yankee...

LOL..I call the bike "the bracket killer", not myself.. The bike is always on, as long as I do my part.

Yes, I do gambler races and attend bracket meets. I raced a gamblers race this past Saturday night and went into the finals. Last round, I had trouble getting into 4th gear. Clutched it too fast. Got it in on the 2nd or 3rd try, but I lost too much time and it cost me the race. Ended up running .15 off. 4th gear sucks speed shifting. Thats why I like 1/8th mi racing.

I got a big bracket race here in KY in May to attend. I'll be running the Saturday Gambler, Sunday Street ET and Pro ET classes..

Your in luck on Music City. I should be down for the big bike race coming up on May17th. So hopefully I will see you there. Keep in touch and I'll pit with you at the track. Be nice to see 2 V Max's in the finals for the money! !

And yes, If you want to do a V Max vs. V Max dial in racing, I'm down for that too.

John

Hi John

Wow you really seem into bracket racing and participating in the big events. Sounds like you do a lot of bracket racing with your VMAX. I looked at the beechbend raceways website and had a hard time understanding there bike program. Do they run 1/8 mile of 1/4? Whats the entry fee and payout? I dont race serious I just mess around on my 99 VMAX.
I see where you got runners!:clapping: thats pretty darn good being its on a street bike and you shift by hand.
I see an old race buddy of mine that I have known and raced with since 1990 Henry Finn races up there in KY and won a race this year, do you know him? Henry was never a diehard bracket racer since I he never owned a full all out dragbike mostly he has raced street bikes with wheelie bars but Henry can hold his own in a bracket race.
I guess you are talking about Pinkys Race which he holds 2 times a year. I have raced his races over the years.. Have you ever raced any dash for cash series which are usually held in Ohio and Indiana, or how about the private bracket meet which is held in Louisville KY?
Well we can chat when we meet up. Maybe I will cruise on up to Beech Bend since its less then a 40 mins drive by car and 25 mins by bike.

Just be sure to take easy on me and dont make me look like a fool on the track.

Yankee

Hey Yankee...

LOL..I call the bike "the bracket killer", not myself.. The bike is always on, as long as I do my part.

Yes, I do gambler races and attend bracket meets. I raced a gamblers race this past Saturday night and went into the finals. Last round, I had trouble getting into 4th gear. Clutched it too fast. Got it in on the 2nd or 3rd try, but I lost too much time and it cost me the race. Ended up running .15 off. 4th gear sucks speed shifting. Thats why I like 1/8th mi racing.

I got a big bracket race here in KY in May to attend. I'll be running the Saturday Gambler, Sunday Street ET and Pro ET classes..

Your in luck on Music City. I should be down for the big bike race coming up on May17th. So hopefully I will see you there. Keep in touch and I'll pit with you at the track. Be nice to see 2 V Max's in the finals for the money! !

And yes, If you want to do a V Max vs. V Max dial in racing, I'm down for that too.

John

Beech Bend is running 1/4 bikes and having a gamblers race every Saturday of test and tune. Last weekend there was about 60 bikes there. 25 of the 60 entered the gamblers race. It's $10 to test n tune and $10 if you want to enter the Gamblers. Payout on Saturday would have been $250 with 25 bikes racing. I thought about going this weekend again, but not sure yet since there is a lot going on in Louisville this weekend.

Dont know Henry Finn, but I'm sure I might have seen him at the track. I've never raced the dash for cash series in Ohio or Indiana, but would like to know more about it. Might need to check it out.

The private bracket meet your talking about is called the Screamin Eagles Motorcycle meet. It's at Ohio Valley raceway on May 2-3. It's during KY Derby Weekend. Anyone can come and race. I will be there running the Gamblers on Saturday and street and pro ET on Sunday. There is also a lot of Street Racing happening in the evening downtown Louisville. If you want to come check it out and hang out. Get in touch with me.

Ohio Valley is about 85mi North of Bowling Green.

Hi John

Wow you really seem into bracket racing and participating in the big events. Sounds like you do a lot of bracket racing with your VMAX. I looked at the beechbend raceways website and had a hard time understanding there bike program. Do they run 1/8 mile of 1/4? Whats the entry fee and payout? I dont race serious I just mess around on my 99 VMAX.
I see where you got runners!:clapping: thats pretty darn good being its on a street bike and you shift by hand.
I see an old race buddy of mine that I have known and raced with since 1990 Henry Finn races up there in KY and won a race this year, do you know him? Henry was never a diehard bracket racer since I he never owned a full all out dragbike mostly he has raced street bikes with wheelie bars but Henry can hold his own in a bracket race.
I guess you are talking about Pinkys Race which he holds 2 times a year. I have raced his races over the years.. Have you ever raced any dash for cash series which are usually held in Ohio and Indiana, or how about the private bracket meet which is held in Louisville KY?
Well we can chat when we meet up. Maybe I will cruise on up to Beech Bend since its less then a 40 mins drive by car and 25 mins by bike.

Just be sure to take easy on me and dont make me look like a fool on the track.

Yankee

Are the races in Bowling Green allowed to use delay boxes what are the rules, slicks, bars, down track stutters, throttle stops, anything goes, street legal, no electronics?
Ive raced at Ohio Valley a few times if I remember its off a toll road, There hasnt been to many tracks I missed from as far north as NJ, to as far south to Jacksonville Fla. on the east coast.
I really like Beechbend Raceway and the KY racers that compete in motorcycle dragracing.
I will be in TX this weekend but I will be at Beechbend on the 25th to do some races.

See you in the lanes!
Yankee

Beech Bend is running 1/4 bikes and having a gamblers race every Saturday of test and tune. Last weekend there was about 60 bikes there. 25 of the 60 entered the gamblers race. It's $10 to test n tune and $10 if you want to enter the Gamblers. Payout on Saturday would have been $250 with 25 bikes racing. I thought about going this weekend again, but not sure yet since there is a lot going on in Louisville this weekend.

Dont know Henry Finn, but I'm sure I might have seen him at the track. I've never raced the dash for cash series in Ohio or Indiana, but would like to know more about it. Might need to check it out.

The private bracket meet your talking about is called the Screamin Eagles Motorcycle meet. It's at Ohio Valley raceway on May 2-3. It's during KY Derby Weekend. Anyone can come and race. I will be there running the Gamblers on Saturday and street and pro ET on Sunday. There is also a lot of Street Racing happening in the evening downtown Louisville. If you want to come check it out and hang out. Get in touch with me.

Ohio Valley is about 85mi North of Bowling Green.

The gamblers at Beech Bend are for the street bikes. No electronics, slicks, wheelie bars, etc...

Ohio Valley isnt off a toll road. That almost sounds like Cumberland Dragway. Ohio Valley is on the outskirts of Louisville on Dixie Hwy.

Are the races in Bowling Green allowed to use delay boxes what are the rules, slicks, bars, down track stutters, throttle stops, anything goes, street legal, no electronics?
Ive raced at Ohio Valley a few times if I remember its off a toll road, There hasnt been to many tracks I missed from as far north as NJ, to as far south to Jacksonville Fla. on the east coast.
I really like Beechbend Raceway and the KY racers that compete in motorcycle dragracing.
I will be in TX this weekend but I will be at Beechbend on the 25th to do some races.

See you in the lanes!
Yankee

Where in Texas are you gonna be, Lankee? The weather down south and east will be miserable tomorrow, but clear Sunday.

Latest posts

Back