" weighted bar ends "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I JUST PURCHASED NEW BAR ENDS FOR MY V-MAX , THEY ARE AWESOME , AND THEY ARE WEIGHTED . BUT I ALSO FORGOT THAT ON ALL OF MY RICE ROCKETS I'VE OWNED ( GSXR1100 , ZX1100 ) THAT THEY WERE WEIGHTED TOO ! .. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT THESE WEIGHTED BAR ENDS HELP REDUCE HEAD SHAKE & VIBRATION ! ... IF THIS IS TRUE , WHY WOULDN'T THE V-MAX HAVE THEM ON IT FROM THE FACTORY ? ... :confused2: ... http://www.sixty61.com/a1a-honda-swingarm-spools-chrome-blue-p/y2-b-bk-fslash-ch-a.htm

Dun know. Never thought about it much. I thought head shake and vibration was cleared up with the head nuts and steering dampener. I guess it would work for vibration, more weight to sling around the harder it is. I thought they served as "sliders" for the bars.
What would happen if I ran one weighted end and one bar end mirror?

I never thought about it either , until yesterday when I got home & picked up the box & thought there was a brick in it ! .. BUT IF THIS IS THE CASE , SHOULDN'T THE V-MAX HAVE " CINDER BLOCKS " ON THE BAR ENDS ?

ya, cinder blocks. hahaha. Or we could bill the ends of the bars with lead.
The kids are saying they want to go eat with the motorcycle guys this morning so Ill ask around and see what i can come up with.

Are they provided with adapter ?
I wish I could find some good one with a strong connection inside the bar.
My bar end mirrors are hold by the the bar ends, and it doesn't look strong enough.

are they provided with adapter ?
i wish i could find some good one with a strong connection inside the bar.
my bar end mirrors are hold by the the bar ends, and it doesn't look strong enough.
a universal adapter . .. I'm going to put them on today , so I'll keep you posted about that , but i can make my own mount , they have a long stud straight out of the back that goes through a rubber cylinder with a nut on the end , you push it all the way into the bars , and tighten it by turning the new bar end clock-wise , this draws the nut in toward the rubber cylinder and makes it expand out , making it tight inside the bar ! ( in theory ) . .. I will find out later !

I got the same kind with the rubber.
The issue is the nut came inside the rubber instead of the rubber to expand.
I hoped the connection could have been more tight.
I tried to get a metal type instead of the rubber one, but so far nothing.

i got the same kind with the rubber.
the issue is the nut came inside the rubber instead of the rubber to expand.
i hoped the connection could have been more tight.
i tried to get a metal type instead of the rubber one, but so far nothing.
put a stainless steal flat washer , that can just fit inside the handle bars & put it between the nut & the rubber , then the nut cant go inside the rubber , so the rubber has to expand then ! .. ( i do see what you mean , mines the same way ) ALSO YOU COULD GET A DIFFERENT RUBBER , GO TO THE AUTO PARTS STORE OR THE HARDWARE STORE & USE RUBBER HOSE , EVEN ONE INSIDE THE OTHER , JUST CUT A STRIP OUT OF ONE UNTIL IT FITS INSIDE THE OTHER ONE , I AM LUCKY , I'M AN AUTO MECHANIC & I SAVE ALL SHOCK BUSHINGS & STRUT BUSHINGS & HAVE EVERY SIZE HOSE THAT EXISTS , SO I'LL COME UP WITH SOMETHING ! ... I CAN MAIL YOU WHAT EVER I COME UP WITH !

I JUST MEASURED THE RUBBERS THAT COME WITH THEM , YOU ARE WRIGHT ABOUT THEM , AND THEY ARE SMALL ! THEY ARE 5/8 OD , I THINK I WILL DO WHAT I HAD SAID WITH THE WASHER & WRAP IT WITH ONE PLY OF 3M DOUBLE SIDED STICKY TAPE ! . THAT MOTHER!@#%*R WONT GO ANYWHERE ! .:punk:

that's what i did for now :)
i guess the rubber was not elastic enough.
I wound up threading a half inch longer bolt to use as a stud & welding 3 nuts together & grinding them into a wedge , It should work good , I'll let you know !

JUST PUT MY BAR ENDS ON , THEY MATCH MY BIKE LIKE THEY WERE MADE FOR IT ! ... MY BIKE LOOKS LIKE:angry flame devil: " THE DEVIL HIMSELF " :angry flame devil: .. RIDES IT ! ..

Latest posts

Back