well, i did a dyno pull yesterday

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
usually the larger size your going to lose torque.......on stock size motor

usually the larger size your going to lose torque.......on stock size motor

Right, when you go too big yes.

I'm just scratching my head as to why the HP numbers are quite a bit lower Nosboss' bike versus mine when they're almost set up identical. I've got more horse and torque shown on the graphs that night which IMO shouldn't be the case.

Anyone else want to measure their kerker header for me so I can see if mine is different? Are the hindle tubes bigger and all the other headers at 1.5 inches?

Anyone else want to measure their kerker header for me so I can see if mine is different? Are the hindle tubes bigger and all the other headers at 1.5 inches?

Nosboss, my kerker header is 10 years old and front header measured 1.5 inch also.

Mike

Thats what I was wondering. I am not sure how old my header is, but it definetly shows its age. My guess is that it is from the eighties. So all kerker headers are the same pipe diameter. Thats settled then.:eusa_dance:

Right, when you go too big yes.

I'm just scratching my head as to why the HP numbers are quite a bit lower Nosboss' bike versus mine when they're almost set up identical. I've got more horse and torque shown on the graphs that night which IMO shouldn't be the case.

It's all about break in and the way the rings have sealed...

It's all about break in and the way the rings have sealed...

That has to do with it to an extent as well.

There are all kinds of variables that make engines dyno within a horse or two. Some are monday bikes, some are Friday bikes etc. What I don't understand is there is a thread about a stock '06 that put down 107rwhp.
The comment was made: "That seems a little bit low, but with break in it should loosen up and gain a few more horse."

With Jason's bike we have the "All magical" '85 with the same mods, different type of header/exhaust can, and there's a 10 horse difference and 4 lb/ft torque difference, the '85 on the lower of the two to my '93.

I guess it's time for a compression check etc.

Latest posts

Back