Well...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There goes my mod money for the '09. Couldn't resist buying this today. An '02 with only 4,000 miles. Needs a few cosmetic things, but should be fun to do some wrenching on. Hope to get it home today, as the bike is only a couple miles from my house.

Finally, something loud enough to piss off my Harley riding neighbor on Sunday mornings. :biglaugh:

02vmax.jpg

very nice. u mind me asking what ya picked it up for? stage 7?

nvm they are slip ons

Good score Tom!!! :clapping: Looks like it's all there, should make you a fun project.....'Jayhawk the Youngers' bike perhaps?

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking...though he's nowhere ready to ride a Max (unsupervised). Adam's about to wet his pants, though. He went with me a couple weeks ago to look at it. :biglaugh:

I don't know what sort of mechanical "gotcha's" this thing has, but it's going to be fun playing with it. It's got the original tires on it (now eight years old), and it's going to need a new scoop, or at least both of them chromed due to some brake fluid spillage on one of them.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking...though he's nowhere ready to ride a Max (unsupervised). Adam's about to wet his pants, though. He went with me a couple weeks ago to look at it. :biglaugh:

I don't know what sort of mechanical "gotcha's" this thing has, but it's going to be fun playing with it. It's got the original tires on it (now eight years old), and it's going to need a new scoop, or at least both of them chromed due to some brake fluid spillage on one of them.

Good for you Tom, there's a hell of a 'dad n' lad' project!! :clapping:

Course Adam prolly won't get any sleep for the next 6 months, he'll be out sittin' on the '02 making Kerker noises...Bbrruuuummmm, bbrruuummm!!

no it is a 4-1. thought it was a slip on b/c how shiny the headers were and the collector before the muffler looked liek the oem setup.

Congrats!!!!!!!

You lucky devil......you have BOTH:worthy:

I am very jealous:damn angry:

Go get it and enjoy it.......be safe.......and give us a full report!!!!!!:punk:

Go get it and enjoy it.......be safe.......and give us a full report!!!!!!:punk:

Just got home from the shakedown cruise. Love it! The sound from the Kerker is incredible. Can't find a functional thing wrong with the bike (yet). Feels a little soft off the bottom, but I'm not sure if that's typical with the Kerker pipe (loss of a bit of low end). After about 3k, runs like a beast.

Bought a fresh tank of gas, and added a good dose of Seafoam, and plan to switch to Mobil 1 tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get m-cman to give it a ride and see what he thinks, then get down to checking brakes, hoses and everything electrical I can find to look over.

Love this bike...my neighbors won't, however. :punk:

Just got home from the shakedown cruise. Love it! The sound from the Kerker is incredible. Can't find a functional thing wrong with the bike (yet). Feels a little soft off the bottom, but I'm not sure if that's typical with the Kerker pipe (loss of a bit of low end). After about 3k, runs like a beast.

Bought a fresh tank of gas, and added a good dose of Seafoam, and plan to switch to Mobil 1 tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get m-cman to give it a ride and see what he thinks, then get down to checking brakes, hoses and everything electrical I can find to look over.

The only Kerker i have heard is Tugla's......

I don't remember it being THAT loud:confused2:

I am glad you like it.....

what jet kit is on it?

where has m-cman been? haven't seen him in a while.

An '02 with only 4K would indicate a lot of garage time Tom, good chance your low end droop is caused by gummie idle circuits, hopefully the seafoam will do it. You could also try BG44K, put 1/3 can in each of the next 3 tankfulls. The stuff works real well!

Latest posts

Back