What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the double d clutch mod on my bike yesterday but i wasnt able to road test it. Today i took it for a nice little spin. I really like the way it works now. Much better than stock set up(which I had smoked lol). I like the nice little pop into gears now . Plus nuetral is much eaiser to get into when warm lol which is a good thing with a stiff lever like I now have. I will look into something there this winter.

Installed my new Morley's Muscle Jet Kit and tuned up the bike. Getting ready to head out on a nice sunday afternoon ride in a few.

Installed my new Morley's Muscle Jet Kit and tuned up the bike. Getting ready to head out on a nice sunday afternoon ride in a few.

Great new sound coming from under the lid :biglaugh:. Seems like I gained a tad on the bottom, but the midrange power increase is definately noticeable. :punk:

A great investment, snap to install. I had it done in under a leasurly hour.

Thanks for the lightning fast shipping Sean, now I can enjoy this with my bike for the remaining 3 weeks of riding left. My core lid is already boxed up and will be in the mail tomorrow after classes. Expect it later on this week.

morleykit.jpg

A few days ago actually.

I went to work. For me that means sitting on the highway for an hour or so through sweeping bends at a relaxing 70 - 80 mph, then slowing down to about 50 - 60 mph for the loose surface gravel for the last 5 miles.

I'd just fitted a "Krankvent" and Iridiums, and even picked up some economy and smoothness. :eusa_dance:

Riding home last night on the gravel then the highway dodging the roos was interesting at 3:00am when it was 4degC........

Well, not today, but over the past 1.5 weeks:
-Stripped front end down to the yoke
-removed the rad that was wrapped around the frame
-removed water pump
-stripped airbox and carb bank
-stripped seat and battery

Sat and cried while looking and my nekid half'a bike :(
Here are some updated pics:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=475025&id=879200584&l=d4a6bc90a8

rained here all weekend. so I cleaned the entire garage. and moved a few things around.
now the max is out there watching drag race videos on the big screen.

Yesterday I took a look at my rear fender which was hanging by a single bolt. Ended up heading down to the hardware store for a long bolt, and a stack of rubber o-rings and steel washers. I was able to make a washer stack that effectively took up the space in my fender where the original mount had blown out through the fender, and overlapped the good part of the fender pretty nicely, sandwiching it all back together and sucking it back up flush. Then I had a look at the thin aluminum plate on the top of said fender, which was originally pop-riveted in place, and just sort of encouraged things to stay in place and not bounce too much. Well, there was still a fair bit of play in things back there, and the little plate I am talking about was completely popped free of it's mounts, worsening things in terms of jiggle factor. I looked at it for a while and realized that the bike frame had two short tabs of steel projecting under the plastic fender and the metal plate. I decided that if I drilled holes through the plate and the metal tabs, I could install bolts and nuts through the whole lot and really lock the fender down. I got lucky when consulting my workbench loose bolts supply, and came up with four nuts and bolts that matched. A few minutes work with the drill and I had re-installed the broken aluminum plate, now securely mounted to the steel frame of the bike. NO more jiggle.

Happy I was able to salvage a fender I was worried might be un-repairable, I celebrated with a ride.

photo-17.jpg

Got caught in the rail come down from Ellijay,GA. Knew rain was coming,so had rainsuit on.Was 1st time in rain with my Max.My Max was awesome on the wet road-wont get caught again though.....

Had a nice ride on some 2 lane country roads. Went with 6 others from the local yami shop.
logged 200 miles. the max ran great in the cool 65 degree weather.

260 miles to a work outing to go zip lining in upstate MA near north adams. so much fun! awesome roads.

oh yea and we stopped at umass amherst as a buddy i was riding there wanted to grab a slice. we were sitting near but not next to the bikes and i saw a kid with his g/f walk buy and say 'hey that bike is one of the fastest production bikes of all time' pointing at the max

made me smile.

260 miles to a work outing to go zip lining in upstate MA near north adams. so much fun! awesome roads.

oh yea and we stopped at umass amherst as a buddy i was riding there wanted to grab a slice. we were sitting near but not next to the bikes and i saw a kid with his g/f walk buy and say 'hey that bike is one of the fastest production bikes of all time' pointing at the max

made me smile.

Smart kid.....knows his shit! :punk:

went to a local bike night tonight. it was the last one for 2010.every week they have a best
bike contest. you line your bike up next to all the others that think there bike is the one.
the winner each week get a few lil prizes. like 5.00 off a meal or a t shirt.
well i won about 2 weeks ago. so yesterday i get a call from the MC of the event.
he says since you won. we are bringing all the winners back for a final show and judging.
grand prize is a trip for 2 to vegas. or cancohn(sp).
most of the bikes showing are hardleys. and a few rockets.
I was late getting my bike up in line. so everyone was able to hear the kerker 4n2-1 comp baffle as i rode it up. then the judging is done by the crowds cheers.
lets just say the hardley guys are not happy. And i'm going on a vacation.
maybe next time i'll wash the bike before i go.

I installed a chrome (of course) Gage panel. It looks cool as hell, got it from a guy in Germany, it took forever to get but well worth the wait. I'll post pics once I download the pics from my laptop. Wish there was a way to post pics from my iPhone but apparently can't. Also am working on putting led's throughout the whole bike. Am waiting for my Samurai forward controls ( just wait till you see these) they are super cool, all the arms look like blades should be a perfect fit for my bike and last but not least I'm trying to fabricate a sissy bar out of a couple karate sai's I'll just have to mount a pad on them but it will be easily removable for when I'm hotrodding around. They'll be be more for show but since I teach karate I thought it would be fitting to theme the bike a beautiful badass. Ed

Painted the right side of my motor. (no pics)

Painted the left side a couple months ago & it came out great, so now both sides match. Taping for a few hours is a PITA, but it's worth it.

Back