What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally found the mirrors I was looking for.......the oe mirrors looked like flags

Attachments

• 20240803_182722[1].jpg
    20240803_182722[1].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240803_182739[1].jpg
    20240803_182739[1].jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240803_182701[1].jpg
    20240803_182701[1].jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
i believe so. i have only owned it fot two summers now. Always hated the old mirrors. It came with the drag bars already. I added the big tach, engine guards and a few other things. I looked for months at mirrors and had these as my favorites. $60 shipped or something like that. Very heavy and nice chrome. From Taiwan. The stalk angle is 180 deg adjustable. Looks much sleeker20240803_182759.jpg

Look at the tag for EPA info underneath the faux gas tank cover and it will say what year it is. The steering stem VIN # badge also says what year it is.

That's in good shape it looks like, enjoy it. The Kerker 4/1 is a big+ with the exception of costing you the centerstand. You also probably know Yamahas have a reverse-thread rearview mirror mount on one side, as you probably installed 'em yourself.

its a 94 as maine requires no title for 94 and under i never got a title. as for originally yellow i think so. The mirrors came with a nice set of adapters for the Lh 10mm thread. Fitment was nice. As a 30 year auto tech yeah i work on all my bikes. I also know quality over cheap china crap.20230709_114744.jpg

its a 94 as maine requires no title for 94 and under i never got a title. as for originally yellow i think so. The mirrors came with a nice set of adapters for the Lh 10mm thread. Fitment was nice. As a 30 year auto tech yeah i work on all my bikes. I also know quality over cheap china crap.View attachment 95180

What year is that VFR? The VFR750 was the first sport bike I rode, ages ago. The the Sabre, then the Magna... then... lol

The sidewinder exhaust is a mainstay on drag-oriented bikes. That's the 1st time I can recall seeing one on a VMax. I'm not a dragstrip attendee as the closest 1/4-mile is now about 250 miles away, Bradenton FL.

W. Palm Beach is now a warehouse complex, more $ to be made.

Put the bike on it's centre stand to adjust the YSS rear suspension and found 1 spring was about 5mm longer than the other .What do I expect for £100. I jacked the bike up and slackened them both off to zero pre- tension then put a bit of tension on equally because the wife said it was too hard. I put the original softer front springs in the forks and set the forks back down 1 inch in the yolk to their original position. It's a softer more comfortable ride but still weaves at around 100mph. I weigh about 150lbs so unless you are a big rider then you probably don't need the stronger springs in the front. I like the bike because although it's a cruiser it has the muscle of a sportster. I can't get round the bends as fast as a R1 or Ninja but so what? At 70 I'm not a boy racer.

The yss shocks aren't as-good as stock I would suspect for the price, as you said, 'what do you expect?'

I've read there's a guy who takes the yss shocks and who re-builds them better than the factory does, building them new. A bit of internet sleuthing and I'm sure that someone can find the info.

I think I'd rather save the coin to get a Progressive Suspension pair of shocks, but I'm not gonna 'spring' for a set of Penskes or the Race-Tech, or Ohlins.

The sidewinder exhaust is a mainstay on drag-oriented bikes. That's the 1st time I can recall seeing one on a VMax. I'm not a dragstrip attendee as the closest 1/4-mile is now about 250 miles away, Bradenton FL.

W. Palm Beach is now a warehouse complex, more $ to be made.
This looks like a sidewinder, one of the MadMax blower bikes
VMAX.jpg

Pro
That clutch cover with the bung welded in it is the bottom of a piece of T-Fal
cook ware.
Can't wait to hear what clutch mod lives inside there.

That clutch cover with the bung welded in it is the bottom of a piece of T-Fal
cook ware.
Can't wait to hear what clutch mod lives inside there.
Looks like he extended his clutch cover by the welding he did. Probably running a 6 finger centrifugal clutch system.

Attachments

• IMG_20190711_194533.jpg
    IMG_20190711_194533.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back