which battery!?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
Hi G...

I bought one of these a little over a year ago... found the link on Vmax Outlaw...still going strong... Easy starts, hot or cold...zero maintenance, sealed unit.... I got it delivered to the door, for about 55 bux as I remember....

Nothing on the bat or box said 'Panasonic' though...just Chineese charactors that I think tranlates to: "Panasonic this!, lound eyes"

Order a Panasonic LCX1220P here from www.apexbattery.com

Philthy

just my $.02, i wouldn't buy a battery of ebay. i'd pay a bit more to know what i was getting was exactly what i wanted.....

my yuasa is still the original and the PO said it was dead when i bought the bike. took 2 hours, charged it the right way at 2amps and it hasn't caused me a single headache yet. i know its old but once it starts i'll definitely be ordering another one.

i also have pigtails set up on mine so it gets a trickle charge a couple hrs a night

hello all , i just bought a battery last tuesday for the max to replace the poor excuse of a battery that came new on my 06 .after a year the piece of $hit had to be nursed and tended. i herd of AGM batterys being very dependable and less hassle. the local bike shops in portland or. say that we can get you one special order with the cost being between 129.00 to 150.00 smackers. i did some research in the yellow pages under batteries and found northwest battery supply .a company that has every battery conceivable to mankind. i brought my old battery for size requirments. i found an AMG 21 amp battery that fits in the battery box like the stock unit. for the sum of 67.95 , needless to say i went for it. all i can say yahoo!!.they said that thelocal bmw dealer buys them and tags an extra 100.00 to the cost for their valued customers. the battery itself has a grey housing and no name, just the number wp2212ne. any way check and see if you have a company like that in your area that specializes in batterys good hunting. best to you all buckridge.

I also wouldnt buy off ebay.

dont buy a panasonic

iwould either just buy yuasa or spend the extra for a Oddyssey PC680, especially since you live in florida.

heat is the worst on batteries, buy the oddyssey. 130.00

As far as the eBay batteries:

best can tell this is the better one, but it is only 16A:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=130293392126

item #110363867691 is too wide, 3.5" will not go so pretty good in the frame.

I sure wouldn't be worried about ebay if the guy has good feedback, been buying stuff through that site since '97.

I got an Adventure Power Model #UB22-12NE ($64 shipped) from Powerstride. they don't show it in stock but I have other links.
http://www.powerstridebattery.com
tight fit, but its in there.
Replaces: Odyssey PC680
CCA: 420, CA: 680, 22amp, L 7.13x W3.0x H 6.6, 13lb
The UB22-12NE and the UB12220 look to be the same- but the UB12220 is cheaper
uhm00000.gif

Also :
http://www.powerstridebattery.com/pr...&idproduct=996

http://www.batteryweb.com/motorcyclebatt-detail-UB22-12NE%20(40552)-MotorcycleUPG.htm

http://www.batteryweb.com/motorcyclebatt-detail-UB12220%20NB%20(40696)-MotorcycleUPG.htm

all bateries
http://www.batteryweb.com/motorcyclestx.cfm

G, I would'nt mess with a Ebay battery either. I went about five months with no battery cause I researched and decided I wanted an Odessy PC 680 to hell with the cost, (hence the long wait!) I specified that they please make sure it was a recent production run which it was, manufactured a month ago. So far so good. I took out the old Panasonic and slid in the Odessy. Dang, I have room all over the place. I had to stuff firm foam around her to lock her in place. OK, lets wire her up. I have battery tender, 100 watt headlight, LEDS, 55 watt PIAA driving lights so lets just say I have way more wires to the terminals than usual. Ground/black goes on fine but dang, the red/positive won't reach and is at a funny angle. WTF ? Odessey gives you some nice gold plated "L" brackets or plates but they did me no good. I really needed a different connector on my POS terminal cable. Something with a 90 or an ell bend. I have a Kuryakyn battery monitor and I run everything at once including the fan and am still showing 13 amps of power. I have the heavy duty start wiring kit but doubt I would need it with all the power I get from this battery. I cannot attest to the longevity but I am hoping for four years with a battery tender set up. Oh, I am just south of you so this battery never sees an off season. I got mine from a company in Leesburg real close to you.:biglaugh: PATMAX

You should get more than that Pat! I'm at 8 years. A friend has had his for 10.

I only buy 2 OEM parts and they

Batteries and Clutch Parts.

Yuasa All The Way ! :clapping:

Spend the 90.00 and you will have a battery that gives no issues

I only buy 2 OEM parts and they

Batteries and Clutch Parts.

Yuasa All The Way ! :clapping:

Spend the 90.00 and you will have a battery that gives no issues

haven't had to do a clutch yet but the yuasa batt is awesome. mine is still stock and it works phenominally... trickle charge for 2 hrs a night..

haven't had to do a clutch yet but the yuasa batt is awesome. mine is still stock and it works phenominally... trickle charge for 2 hrs a night..

bought my bike new, just filled with water at beginning of season, quick charged it, only if bike wouldnt start, never used a maintenance charger. battery lasted 6 years

Go AGM/Sealed. Better vibration and heat resistance. Buy from your local battery supplier like Interstate Batteries. Stuff off ebay is usually old stock. Make sure to use a maintenance charger or battery tender on whichever you choose. It doesn't matter what anybody says, if you store the bike this will extend the life of any battery. I use a PC12180NB. There are alot of different part #s out there but most are the same 18 amp hr rating compared to the stock 16 amp hr. Hope this helps.

Might be true for other batteries. Odyssey doesn't require a charger. Mine is about 8 years old and starts like new yet and that's after harsh midwestern winters and no starts for 2-3 months.

Might be true for other batteries. Odyssey doesn't require a charger. Mine is about 8 years old and starts like new yet and that's after harsh midwestern winters and no starts for 2-3 months.

Heat is actually worse on a battery then cold...

Hey Mark, Eight plus years from a battery, I can only have wet dreams about that! Tell me, who else gets that kind or service from a battery. I read Amalgamated Glass Mat technology is Mil-Spec but that is outstanding and a real economy in the long run. The battery is something I would love to install and forget. How many of you had to push start your Max by the way? Not fun and I'm 6-3 275 lbs.:worthy:

Batteries can be confusing. I worked for Interstate Batteries for 9 years. There are some things that are better explained and understood in person. I suggest stopping by a battery distributor that can put all the options in front of you and explain the differences and advantages of each.

1. Interstate Batteries of Central Florida
5336 Old Winter Garden Rd.
Unit #4
Orlando, Florida 32811
407-293-3334

2. Interstate Batteries of Orlando
366 Loyd Lane
Oviedo, Florida 32765-6774
407-366-1190

These are two distributors that should be near you. I hope this helps.

1. Interstate Batteries of Central Florida
5336 Old Winter Garden Rd.
Unit #4
Orlando, Florida 32811
407-293-3334

2. Interstate Batteries of Orlando
366 Loyd Lane
Oviedo, Florida 32765-6774
407-366-1190

These are two distributors that should be near you. I hope this helps.

thanks for that useful info! :worthy:

Okay, I jinxed myself. My PC680 is about done. I noticed slow starter turnover after a ride. I troubleshooted the charging systems and everything checked out. I took the battery in for testing. It's rated at 220 CCA's but mine only got 161 and voltage was a measly 13.37 volts. Ordered a new one for $121 with free shipping.

Latest posts

Back