170 rear tire??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbybob

Reaction score
Ive see:ummm:n up here where a few guys have put a 170 rear tire on their 1st generation max's.Could someone give me the full size of the tire? Aspect ratio,etc?

170/80 shinko tourmaster or metzler marathon

I am running a 170/80 Metzler on my 85 right now. I took the 150 off. It fit no problem.

Yup that the trick - it's a 170/80, instead of 150/90.

The 80 profile means that it fits just fine, there's still enough clearance between it and the swing arm on the left.

I'd say most guys on here are running 170 rears....I'm running a Metz 180 x 17 radial with no notch and there's around 1/4" to spare.

I would agree most of the gen1 owners here with stock wheels are running a 170 rear, I have a Dunlap on mine and it looks/fits good................Tom.

170/80 Shinko here with lots of room to spare. I confirmed with Dave T, AKA forestaledave and he did run 180 meztler bias ply before he bought the beutiful Carr'o from Sean. And, without a notch in his swingarm.No washer swap either I believe. Tell Dave something can't be done then get out of the way! Yellow BLUR, miss you buddy?
Steve-o

Last edited:
i wonder what the aspect on the 180 was?

Back