2023 v max 1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mymax

Reaction score
Hi all
Just saw a video on you tube by mich motors and Yamaha will launch v max 1200 cc in 2023 pl watch the video see what you think

I dunno, I'll wait until I hear something from Yamaha.

I don't believe they would go from a 1700cc bike engine to a 1200cc one.

I saw similar videos and marketing materials for a new Chevy Avalanche launch - fake news.

Their specs don't even make sense and the video is rather amateurish. If anyone had real information, the video would be much more impressive than this.

I'd love to see a new Vmax, but until I see something from a dealer or Yamaha directly, I'm skeptical.

I hope yamaha wouldn't build a new vmax that looks like that if so it would tarnish the name in my opinion. The vmax isn't a crotch rocket and hopefully it stays that way. I'd rather never see another generation vmax if it's gonna look anywhere near that video.

Remember when Yamaha decided to bring us another Venture? All the hype and secrecy, and the sexy face shot showing BMW-esque levels of aggression and design... I recall that pretty clearly, I was waiting to buy one.

Then they unveiled an emmeffen twin with a redline somewhere south of a garden tractor, and priced it like a K bike.

Based on this and the slipping popularity of motorsports I would expect any bike called a 3rd gen Vmax to;
A. Be extremely unlikely.
B. Be even more unlikely with a full bore V4

I think what we now is what we are still going to have in 20 years.

I love the 1200's but the gen 2 I never did care for. Got away from being a cruiser and leaned too much towards a naked crotch rocket to suit my taste.

If this is true (although it doesn't look like it), then this is the moment when you are glad that you own the old one...
As for the bike in the video - just a pathetic attempt at replicating V-Max traits, I'd rather have a naked Honda CB1000R that I recently sold.IMG-9036.jpg

forget about a new vmax, all the corporations are woke and busy fulfilling the globalist pedo transgender agenda, which spells the end for the gasoline engine

I think if motto GP goes the V4 route. It would eventually lead the sales market of street bikes that way. This in turn "could" awaken a Vmax return. but maybe in a sportier style. I know, I know wishful thinking (dreaming). lol

I have owned both generations, drove the first all around Canada, U.S.A. and Mexico. It was a great experience, drew a lot of attention and was a great bike but the 2nd Gen just fills in the blanks where the 1st Gen was lacking. More power, smoother riding, more reliable and just bigger and badder.
Nice machine but far too heavy and complicated and expensive. Shortage of parts and people to work on them that know what they are doing. Things are coming to an end as far as performance.

Back