2023 v max 1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice machine but far too heavy and complicated and expensive. Shortage of parts and people to work on them that know what they are doing. Things are coming to an end as far as performance.
but look at the bright side, they are making great strides in bottom surgeries!!

I hope yamaha wouldn't build a new vmax that looks like that if so it would tarnish the name in my opinion. The vmax isn't a crotch rocket and hopefully it stays that way. I'd rather never see another generation vmax if it's gonna look anywhere near that video.
I agree yamaha needs to make a competitor for the Buell super cruiser. The 1700 needs to go on a major diet, keep classic looks something more like the raider head light vs the gen2. Also we need an extra gallon of fuel, six gears would be nice and some options for removable bags and some highway pegs. I LOVE my gen1 and gen 2 but honestly take some notes from the super cruiser, B king and ducati. The vmax is a great do it all bike but has always been somewhat of a pig. Honestly thinking about selling the gen1 and building a z900rs it just needs a tad longer wheel base and more HP.

I recently got a 1290 Super Duke in addition to the vmax and I must say, a new 1200 only pushing 150hp on a shaft drive would be disappointing. I know the two are not direct competitors in any sense but, if KTM can get 180 out of a 1301 cc engine, the new vmax needs to be at 200hp or more just to be relevant. I'd also second the comments suggesting it might need a diet as well to compete. Whether we like it or not, the new Diavel seems to have moved into the void left when Yamaha quit making our beloved Vmax, and that would have to be respected as a starting point.
I agree yamaha needs to make a competitor for the Buell super cruiser. The 1700 needs to go on a major diet, keep classic looks something more like the raider head light vs the gen2. Also we need an extra gallon of fuel, six gears would be nice and some options for removable bags and some highway pegs. I LOVE my gen1 and gen 2 but honestly take some notes from the super cruiser, B king and ducati. The vmax is a great do it all bike but has always been somewhat of a pig. Honestly thinking about selling the gen1 and building a z900rs it just needs a tad longer wheel base and more HP.

Back