600 mile checkup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torszula

Reaction score
What exactly does the dealer do to the bike for the 600mile checkup? Is something that is covered or is it something I will need to pay for?

I'm at 500 miles now so I called my dealer and asked - $180 for the service

- oil change
- rear diff change
- hookup to the computer and look for any issues
- check everything over.
- The book calls for 1.2 hrs of shop time if I heard him correctly.

Pretty sure it's a money maker for them - basically another way for them to tack on another $100 for the 5 year Y.E.S. I purchased. Otherwise I'd do the fluid change myself and pocket the c-note and change.

It is not nessecary for you to have the dealership do the 600 mile check. I would 100% recommend the fluid change both rear diff and the engine/filter. Use Yamaha brand/recommended fluids and keep your receipts. It'll help if you need to make a warranty claim.

Not sure what you are trying to say...is it $180 or $100? I also pourchased the 5 year YES warranty. Is it part of that warranty?

The dealer wants $180 for the 600 mile service. If I did it myself and used all Yamaha brand filters and fluid I figure it'd cost me near $80 -

so I'm spending $100 to have the dealer change the oil/filter/diff oil and run a computer check.

There are two levels of the YES program. The 5 yr warranty cost me $600 - did not include any regular services. $1000 program included some of the services. I bought the $600 contract figuring I'll do most of the servicing myself.

I will have the dealer do the initial 600 mile service to make any potential future warranty claim a bit easier - though I hope I will never have to actually make a warranty claim.

Just got mine back from the dealer today $201 out the door with tax and all. 1.2hrs of labor plus the oils and filter.

I do all my maintenance. Be sure and keep all your receipts and a record on your Y.E.S. service/maintenance card. I also keep notes in a notebook of any add ons or wishlist items...

Latest posts

Back