92 vmax with stage 7, no fuel when warm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 92 vmax with stage 7, no fuel when worm

If the stock one stays running more than a few seconds then the diaphragms have flipped over. Easy to fix but i have one that just does not have enough power left to flow enough to keep it running.

Awesome! Thanks a bunch! I'll order it up here real quick.

So it isn't the fuel pump or some sort of vacuum pressure in the tank. Have a buddy here in town that has a vmax and his runs great. Stole his pump and ran it. Same problem only this time I only went round and round my block and the bike broke down right in front of my house. Tried starting it with the cap off, and no difference. Pushed it into the garage and checked for spark. Only checked the left two cylinders and both of them had fair spark. Tried to start it again with no fuel cap on and no luck. Gave it a little snoot of starting fluid on all four filters and she started right upwith the cap still off. Waited till the rpms came down and I know it would be running on gas, and shut it down. Tried starting it back up within 30 sec of shut down and Nothing, with the cap still off. Another snoot of starting fluid, and she comes back to life. Did this like 4 times in a row with the same results each time. When the rpms come down and I know it's running on fuel, it's pretty sluggish. Any new suggestions?

when you turn the key on about three times, does it fill the bowls and then eventually you do not hear the pump cycle(click) ? is that correct it does this for you....

Just pulled my buddies pump out to give it back to him and I got like 5 drops out of the line going from the pump to the carbs. Nothing out of the line from the tank to the pump. And only about a table spoon out of the pump. The section of the pump that fuel flows through was pretty warm, but as you know, when there is fuel going through the pump, it is cool in the area that the fuel flows through.

when you turn the key on about three times, does it fill the bowls and then eventually you do not hear the pump cycle(click) ? is that correct it does this for you....
Yes it does this

Turn key on, pumps for about 4 seconds, same thing on the second key turn on. Third key turn on, i get a few clicks. Fourth key on and I may get another click or two of the pump, but that's about it.

after it dies, does it cycle again, meaning the bowls are empty....im just seeing if its ignition issues like coils or fuel system....i have to re read this thread see all you have checked already.

Well let me re phrase that. Don't know for sure that it fills the bowls. How much you is supposed to come out when you try and drain them?

Since I don't know the numbering of the carbs, I will explain via location while sitting on the bike.
Left front, drain hose might be clogged, but when I back the drain screw out all the way, I get fuel.
Left rear, fuel comes out drain hose.
Right rear, drain hose might be clogged, but when I back the drain screw out all the way, I get fuel.
Right front, no fuel with the drain screw all the way out. This entire time, the supply line was still pretty much empty.

well if the pump stops trying to fill the bowls are full...forget the amount, can open the drain screw(phillips) catch it and measure all the sameish amount.

but was wondering if when your bike dies going around the block, you need to reprime the system....meaning its not filling while riding... have you tried to leave the res switch into "res"?

ok so if you take the hoses off still no fuel...

have you had the carbs open... maybe floats not set correct height or needle stuck shut....

can you drive around with the choke on?

but was wondering if when your bike dies going around the block, you need to reprime the system....meaning its not filling while riding... Have you tried to leave the res switch into "res"?

+1

I'll try the reserve thing. Dried to start it on reserve wen it died and didn't change. After it dies, turn the choke on, no change.

and after it dies it needs 3-4 key turns til clicking stops correct...

might be a few things....carb cleaning and float setting
i had a prob once where pump would not pick up enough fuel to fully prime carbs even though it stopped pumping after 4 key turns...so i manually primed the pump down the metal line and then never had a issue....like it had not enough to pull fuel from tank through the pump and to the carbs...like doing a small water honda pump ...needs a prime but thats a rare event here... you got something else going on....
and not to be rude but could you fill the bike up full full....just to not be fighting two things here...

ive seen over lean setting and low float setting cause similar issues but thats after shutting it off not while riding...also bad battery...even though it starts.... maybe try another one if you are getting good amount of fuel out of each carb bowl..

. . .
and not to be rude but could you fill the bike up full full....just to not be fighting two things here...

ive seen over lean setting and low float setting cause similar issues but thats after shutting it off not while riding...also bad battery...even though it starts.... maybe try another one if you are getting good amount of fuel out of each carb bowl..

Your not being rude in the least bit. Had the same problem when the tank was full, but I have no problem filling it again.

I will Chang the battery since the one that is in it is a bit weak. Its the same one that was in it when the bike was run last. . . in 2010.

ok well sounds like fuel pump, or fuel line issues(blocked line) a cracked line sucking air and or need the carbs gone through thoroughly....atleast a place to start...

Back