92 vmax with stage 7, no fuel when warm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 92 vmax with stage 7, no fuel when worm

Currently a state of confusion:D I live in Washington State in a city called Spokane on the Washington Idaho state line about 3 hrs South of Canada. A land where 10% ethanol is encouraged, but not liked by all.

ok well sounds like fuel pump, or fuel line issues(blocked line) a cracked line sucking air and or need the carbs gone through thoroughly....atleast a place to start...

I will change the lines. Since I tried my friends pump that came off of a working bike, I think the pump is not my issue, but for 25 bucks, it is totally worth a shot. I pulled the carbs apart and cleaned green stuff out of them, but that doesn't mean I got 100% of everything since they were soooo dirty. Is there a screen at the pickup in the tank?

ok well sounds like fuel pump, or fuel line issues(blocked line) a cracked line sucking air and or need the carbs gone through thoroughly....atleast a place to start...

I was thinking the same. Cracked hose or letting air in prior pump. I don't think your problems are in the carbs as you mention when removing pump little fuel drains out. The fuel pump relay may also be acting up.

Currently a state of confusion:D I live in Washington State in a city called Spokane on the Washington Idaho state line about 3 hrs South of Canada. A land where 10% ethanol is encouraged, but not liked by all.

arent we all most of the time in that state hahha

i was thinking i was closer then that but im not was mixing up bellingham and spokane... sorry thought if i was closer could come give ya a hand... good excuse to ride the vmax hahah

. . . The fuel pump relay may also be acting up.

That was one of my thoughts. Thinking for the cost, I would do COPS, battery, and pump. As well as changing out all the fuel lines. So is there a screen on the pickup in the tank?

well if you had all that green crud in there.. i bet the tiny tiny holes in the jet tube are blocked.... need to have it fully apart and cleaned, guys like dannymax at brc or sean morley do great jobs on this along with other members here...
and float setting should be checked dry and wet settings...
im sure thats majority of the prob.

Pilot jet in the jet block probably needs a small guitar string pushed through the crud.

. . . I was thinking i was closer then that but im not was mixing up bellingham and spokane... sorry thought if i was closer could come give ya a hand... good excuse to ride the vmax hahah

Thanks for the thought:) but the Bellingham comment is fightin words my friend! That side of the state takes my tax dollars and spends it on stuff that is not necessary:D likes raising the gas tax to close to the highest in the country:)

well if you had all that green crud in there.. i bet the tiny tiny holes in the jet tube are blocked.... need to have it fully apart and cleaned, guys like dannymax at brc or sean morley do great jobs on this along with other members here...
and float setting should be checked dry and wet settings...
im sure thats majority of the prob.
Do we know what the cost is on something like that? Anyone on my side of the country do anything like that? What is the Jet tube? I cleaned everything out and made sure that it was all clean. The only thing that I didn't do was pull what I think is the Pj1 and PJ2. Ilare those the correct names for the two jets? Pulled lots of carbs apart, just never new the names of everything.

In the directions, you dont have to puall PAJ#1 or #2.....but I got a BETTER cleaning when I pulled PAJ#2, when I did the shotgun. That way you get a FULL blast of air.

Do we know what the cost is on something like that? Anyone on my side of the country do anything like that? What is the Jet tube? I cleaned everything out and made sure that it was all clean. The only thing that I didn't do was pull what I think is the Pj1 and PJ2. Ilare those the correct names for the two jets? Pulled lots of carbs apart, just never new the names of everything.
There is a jetblock under the floatbowl that has the main jet on the outside-then remove the 2 rubber plugs on top and there are 2 jets inside. The smallest is usually the problem as it has the smallest hole.

jetblock is #32
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1994/V-MAX 1200 - VMX12F/CARBURETOR/parts.html

Are there any other things that screw into the carb besides the idle air screw, the sleave thing that the needle goes into, the thing that has two screws holding it on in the bowl, and the PAJ#1 and #2?

There is a jetblock under the floatbowl that has the main jet on the outside-then remove the 2 rubber plugs on top and there are 2 jets inside. The smallest is usually the problem as it has the smallest hole.

jetblock is #32
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1994/V-MAX 1200 - VMX12F/CARBURETOR/parts.html
Oh man, didn't know there were jets in there. I'll pull them back apart and re clean them. Removing those along with the PAJ#1 and #2.

It looked like they were just in there to hold it into place better. Are they pretty tight to fit in there? Like the rubber was pressed in pretty tight against the carb when sliding the jetblock over the sleave that the needle goes into. Could the rubber be bloated?

It looked like they were just in there to hold it into place better. Are they pretty tight to fit in there? Like the rubber was pressed in pretty tight against the carb when sliding the jetblock over the sleave that the needle goes into. Could the rubber be bloated?
Yes they can, They harden too. I am willing to bet they are clogged. Be sure to put the rubbers back on the right way.

What do you mean by "right way"? Rotation? Upside down, right side up?

What do you mean by "right way"? Rotation? Upside down, right side up?
There are two caps but three tunnels. Orient jet block with main jet facing up and block tunnels facing you.

The right tunnel is blank and for the choke circuit. Big rubber cap goes in middle tube (main jet bleed pipe) and small cap on left which caps the pfj.

Get small container of fresh gas and keep those caps, jet block gasket and all orings in there while cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back