Alright, Who dropped one?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadracer

Reaction score
Who dropped their 'Max 2" front & rear.

Could those that have done so please post pictures so I can see the end result?

I'd like to do so but I'd like to see the end result first.

Thanks!

RR

Been done plenty of times. Go to my website, then the vmax>paint tab and look for "Kevins vmax again" which will be with it in the trailer. That's as low as you get. 2" drop in the front, 11.5" rear shocks (which is only 1.5") but with the extended arm and relocated shock mounts makes it an easy 2" rear drop. Then the 17" wheel is shorter in diameter plus the cut down seat we do. This bike is low and long. That is not a small narrow trailer it is in!

Sean

I'm running 2 in front and 1.5 in back with a standard arm... Too low for me... My 180 doesn't like the inner fender to much right now. I'm going to get 12" shocks from Sean at some point to help it out some. I am also running the cheapy 412's which I DO NOT recommend.

Chris

Sean, That "Kevins VMAX" is beautiful! Thanks!

I plan on running the factory 15" / 150 wheel & tire combo.

Chris, why to you knot like the 412's? I was thinking of a 11.5" 412HD. I had 418's on a Suzuki Intruder & am still ticked-off at the 3 pairs in 10 months that was never resolved issue that I had but that's another story.

RR

The 412's are fine but not a high end shock. Just your basic stuff. Better then stock but not a high difference.

Sean

The 412's are fine but not a high end shock. Just your basic stuff. Better then stock but not a high difference.

Sean

What he said!

Save up for a real shock...

440 or at least a 430.

I customized my 412's by having the chrome stripped and then powder coated black.

Chris

You don't sound like a freak... You know something nice when you see it... lol Just kidding...

I appreciate that... IMO it doesn't look as good now with the Marks pipes on it but it sure does sound better.

Thanks,
Chris

nice bike Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!Really nice!!!!What upgrades have you done to it?I like the paint!!!!AWESOME!!!!!!

nice bike Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!Really nice!!!!What upgrades have you done to it?I like the paint!!!!AWESOME!!!!!!

It's a 2006 with a few added pieces is all...

Performance:
Marks 4-2 (not shown)
Morley carb kit and filter

Looks and ride:
Got rid of the flames (I don't do flames)
Carrozerria wheels
Morley seat
Flanders drag bars
Galfer rotors
Race-Tech springs and emulators
Progressive 11.5" rears (custom painted)

c2852af6.jpg

Oops. Wrong dropped. Wrong bike. Sorry

Come on... The bike is old. And sometimes it likes to take naps. It does not get winter naps like most bikes. I ride it all year long in PA. And sometimes its slippery.

Tag O MAx-Playing ADVrider"s Tag O Rama Shots
32819217.jpg

453731a7.jpg

2c89644a.jpg

f24eb36c.jpg

0321e539.jpg

4362463d.jpg

b4fc43ae.jpg
bdd89800.jpg

photo-3.jpg

BC_0429.jpg

MStag02.jpg

BloodRock.jpg

RedCaboose02.jpg

And those are just the shots from late November - January. I have put 5000 miles on it since Nov 1st playing Tag O Rama on PA. I love this old warhorse. Give me a cheap shield, hand guards and a heated vest and I will ride all winter. Nothing wrong with going down, as long as you get back up.

Thanks.
I would rathert ride the old goat then wash it or work on it. Its my second VMax. I had a 93. This one I got for a trade/free. And I have had more fun riding it then I did my 93. My 93 was perfect. Spotless and had nice clean mods. I spent more time worrying about it then riding it. This one I ride. Rain, Snow and Cold I take it out and just ride it. Anything I get for it will be a profit. The bike owes me nothing. If it dies tomorrow I will have nothing but fond memories of it. Rat Bikes Rule!!!!!

Back