Another carb question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
OK, so I have a basically stock VMAX, except it has a 4 into 1 Holeshot on it. It has NO carbs on it right now. I have a stock set ready to rebuild, but I don't have any Dyno-jet or Factory Pro needles to put in it, and really don't want to spend the $$$ another another kit. I also have an assortment of individual K&N filters and stock airboxes. I have a pretty wide selection of main jets, I think I have 147.5s, 150's and 155's laying around. So I am NOT looking for optimal performance, I just want the thing to run well and idle well, I'll give up top end performance for overall drivability. What jets should I put in it with the rebuild? I know everybody says a 4 into 1 will not run well with stock carbs, so what should I do? Go with the "leaner" 147.5s? Is there any adjustment to the stock needles that would help? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

You can shim the stock needles a bit John. Start with a .030-.040 #4 washer. Usually they are all over the place on thickness, but easy to size. I can vouch for 150 mains working well. Some have had good luck with the 147.5's which I'll be trying next time I open up the carbs.
Steve

That's my plan soon with my 4-2-1. Just wondering if I will keep the stock jets or try again the 147.5.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, go ahead and put the stock airbox and needles on. I wouldn't probably bother with the shim but you can try that. The mains need to be in the 147.5-150 range. All else stock.

Latest posts

Back