any experience with ohlins springs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks

for ohlins i can get a dealer and with discount,i work at a shop that works with the importer of ohlins in portugal.
was thinking about progressive and recetech as i think ohlins only has linear spring rate and for what i read from others progressive rate springs might work better on vmax...

Try this. This weasel dudes in a mood-

https://www.ohlins.eu/en/

You should be a special one. I'm not your dude. Relax. For someone new around you are getting aroused pretty easily.

Carrizo
Meu se tens acesso a essa informação verifica o que a ohlins oferece para a vmax. Qual o teu objectivo principal? Apenas acabar com o rabear da Mota? Tens a mota desde nova? Nunca bateu? Tens os rolamentos da direcção em bom estado? Podes ter os pneus em mau estado e não estou a falar do piso.

hello

wild:
a mota comprei á pouco tempo,com 7000 e poucos km e "acidentada".
saiu de traseira e limou a lateral toda mas a nivel de rolamentos da direcçao estao bons,vinham era estupidamente folgados...
pneus vou optar pelos commander 2 nas medidas de origem.
o bambolear é o normal...curva rapida com 2,em aceleraçao e ai vai ela tipo cobra...

ohlins é linear,so tenho medo que acabe por ficar muito rija mas tenho de mudar tambem,tenho pinças de 6 pistons á frente e em travagem quase que viro por cima dela.
em aceleraçao e a trocar de mudanças tambem fica mt instavel...

sorry for the english guys but its easier ...

Ok. The stock tire is 90 profile which is hi and tend to flex a bit more than a low profile. Adding to the fact that it's bias ply and lower profiles are usually radial type. 2 up and cornering makes it even worse. Are sure that the frame is not bent? It's easy to check alignment of wheels with a string, though there's a small offset for the rear wheel from factory. Are the forks and wheels straight? You mentioned it was a wrecked bike so many things can be wrong. If you take your hands from the bar does it go straight? Don't completely remove them just open your fingers and check if there's a swerving tendency. Did you actually check the bearings racers to see if they are not galled or marked? Stock suspension is also crap especially 2 up.

frame and suspension are ok,wreck was just cosmetic stuff like side scoop,brake reservoir etc...
it goes in straigh line even with hands off.
i guess is just normal vmax behaviour...
yesterday smoked the rear tyre on 1 gear lauch and the wheel came a bit off ground,shifting to second and as the wheight balance moves the bike just shakes and wobles,so i guess with firmer springs i can keep her more stable.

thanks for the replys, always good to see how people help!

Wheels are going to be stock
If it goês too well on turn i will start to drive faster and faster...
Too many dead friends on bike crashes,if the bike is limited i will drive it accordingly.
But on stock form its not limited,its dangerous...

what about usd fzr 1000 fork with spring to match the wheight?
i know they are shorter,but keeping stock wheel would it work?will be just a bolt on?
thanks

Latest posts

Back