Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bienvenido, yo tambi?n soy nuevo, y ando en busca de un V-max, tuve 2 una 92' y una 96'..... y quiero volver a sentir el v?rtigo, es la moto de mis sue?os, un abrazo desde las pampas Argentinas.-
Welcome trukus

new member finally got my MAX today guy wanted $4900 for it talked him down to $3400 1998 VMAX 32000 miles clean marks pipes, progressive shocks, corbin seat and backrest, and aftermarket parts galore... guy put syn oil in her so the clutch slips so new clutch and she be running really hard shes pretty fast now just cant imagine what she'll run like after a new clutch...Just came off a Honda CBR929RR hurt my wifes back since she broke it a few years back. Hoping this corbin seat and backrest on my new MAX will help her... I looked at a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan but I have the need THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!! SO hopefully this bike will satisfy both our needs lol... Love it so far. My son is 18 and he rode my old 929 and I let him ride my new MAX told him to be careful it has the same power as my 929 he said YA RIGHT WHATEVER POPS... HE came back shaking saying holy cow dad that MADMAX is CRAZY with a slipping clutch... I said I TOLD YOU SO...lol... Some advice when it comes to bikes and the wifey....I take her out on it then 4-5 rides with the son and friends then her turn again...If you include the wifey on your fun with the bike she won't gripe about it sitting in the garage.... Nice cruise to the mountains with her or a trip to the bay for some clam chowder and she's all happy about me owning a bike....When you dont include them on your love and fun with a bike they get upset and ticked off... HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE!!!!

Welcome Vmaxrooky, when I changed my clutch out I went with a PCW clutch kit. Comes with the fibre rings, gaskets and a stiffer clutch spring. I use it for drags and street. Also a few other options. There's a lot of info on the board on about changing it yourself. The pics come in handy. I personally use Rotella 15w-40 . http://www.pcwracing.net/. Enjoy your Vmax:punk:

thanks I have changed clutches on my banshee wifes warrior (atv) my old CBR929RR and my even older CBR1000F so it shouldn't be a real problem?

Hi guys, New member here. Picked up a 1998 Vmax last fall, just before I had to put it away for the winter. I live in Newfoundland, Canada where we can only ride approx 7 months a year. I only managed to get 100 miles on it before storage. I have wanted a Vmax since I first seen one when I was a young boy. It already has a few things done, and I have picked up some new parts over the winter.
It has a 180 rear tire, side mount licence plate, tail-light replaced the reflector, airbrushed faux lid, and a cool rad cover. I have picked up engine guards, windscreen, progressive fork springs, and chrome resovoir caps. And I drilled 1/2" holes in the exhaust and replaced covers with spacers to keep the stock look.
I can hardly wait to get it out and tear up some pavement!

Attachments

• 2012-09-08_15-43-01_968.jpg
    2012-09-08_15-43-01_968.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2012-09-08_15-37-11_296.jpg
    2012-09-08_15-37-11_296.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 2012-09-08_15-43-19_451.jpg
    2012-09-08_15-43-19_451.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 19
Welcome Newfie, nice clean max there, is the tank wet or is that painted in?If your ever looking for comfort upgrades you'll need to check out the MAXGASSER

SICK PAINT welcome to the new hang out this place helps you out alot so don't be afraid to ask.. I'm sure I've asked alot of old questions but I don't know where to look and how far back so I just ask and they send me a pic,update,tech sheet, or a post about it. Really nice folks here..

Hello all. I am Greg. Just bought a 92 VMax, and I love it!!! What a great hybrid of tight, responsive physics driven by raw, bottom end torque that continues into the high horse, high revving yell followed by the exhilarating slip into Vboost! Wow!!! Amazing bike! It came with a Corbin seat, Supertrapp slip onns, some slick turn signals, rear fender-less and no speedo.... So will be lookin to get one, been to Koso:)> Also will be doing some research on tuning with the supertrapps. Other than that, I just wanna ride!

Came off a 2010 Victory Vegas 8 Ball. Great bike, but for a small guy like me (5'6") the VMax is perfect. Would like to lower it a couple inches though..???

Have also had a 85 XS 650, older Virago and Vulcan.

Looking forward to the resources to be found here!

Hello all. I am Greg. Just bought a 92 VMax, and I love it!!! What a great hybrid of tight, responsive physics driven by raw, bottom end torque that continues into the high horse, high revving yell followed by the exhilarating slip into Vboost! Wow!!! Amazing bike! It came with a Corbin seat, Supertrapp slip onns, some slick turn signals, rear fender-less and no speedo.... So will be lookin to get one, been to Koso:)> Also will be doing some research on tuning with the supertrapps. Other than that, I just wanna ride!

Came off a 2010 Victory Vegas 8 Ball. Great bike, but for a small guy like me (5'6") the VMax is perfect. Would like to lower it a couple inches though..???

Welcome Rootsphere,
The Max is a great all around powerhouse, and a piece of cake to lower (while increasing performance) with some progressive springs up front, I?ve read some great info on here, a lot of these guys are real pros you are in the right place for advice.

Hi guys, New member here. Picked up a 1998 Vmax last fall, just before I had to put it away for the winter. I live in Newfoundland, Canada where we can only ride approx 7 months a year. I only managed to get 100 miles on it before storage. I have wanted a Vmax since I first seen one when I was a young boy. It already has a few things done, and I have picked up some new parts over the winter.
It has a 180 rear tire, side mount licence plate, tail-light replaced the reflector, airbrushed faux lid, and a cool rad cover. I have picked up engine guards, windscreen, progressive fork springs, and chrome resovoir caps. And I drilled 1/2" holes in the exhaust and replaced covers with spacers to keep the stock look.
I can hardly wait to get it out and tear up some pavement!

Vmaxnewfie,
That is one nice paint job; I love the Yamaha tuning forks on the cover! Neat idea.

Greg welcome the the forum...there are some great people on here with a LOT of useful knowledge and experience.

Eric

Hello all!
New guy on the forum here just wanted to say hi. Just picked up my first vmax last week it's a 01 that I just couldn't pass up. Took it for a ride and it was the perfect combo of style, comfort, and speed. I've been riding bikes for about 5 yrs now have had 3 different sport bikes. My last bike was a zx14 I was heavly invested into drag racing at my local track. Had the bike totally decked out stretched, slammed, piped , air shifted, and nitrous. It was my pride enjoy and was having the best night ever at the track. When it happened.... Some idiot decided he needed to try out his jet funny car and spewed jet fuel all over the track. The cleaned it for more the a Half hour and after watching a few guys make some passes with no problem I figured I could make one more pass. Needless to say the bike swung back and forth about 4 times before knocking me on my ass and sliding half way down the track I walked away without a scratch but my bike was trashed. After picking up the pieces and dropping more then 3k to fix it, I just couldn't find it in me to go back to the track the thought of putting it down again and having to fork out the cash again made me sick.

So needless to say I bought a vmax and I think it will be the perfect ride for me I'm excited for this summer to put some serious miles on it. The bike is all stock for now I already have a cbr tail light order ,along with some super bright LEDs for the dash, I've already been searching this forums pretty heavily and have come away with some great info. Currently I'm in the process of putting a bigger battery and putting a new starter clutch in. Hope to get help and give help as needed. I'm happy to join the family!

Hello all!
New guy on the forum here just wanted to say hi. Just picked up my first vmax last week it's a 01 that I just couldn't pass up. Took it for a ride and it was the perfect combo of style, comfort, and speed. I've been riding bikes for about 5 yrs now have had 3 different sport bikes. My last bike was a zx14 I was heavly invested into drag racing at my local track. Had the bike totally decked out stretched, slammed, piped , air shifted, and nitrous. It was my pride enjoy and was having the best night ever at the track. When it happened.... Some idiot decided he needed to try out his jet funny car and spewed jet fuel all over the track. The cleaned it for more the a Half hour and after watching a few guys make some passes with no problem I figured I could make one more pass. Needless to say the bike swung back and forth about 4 times before knocking me on my ass and sliding half way down the track I walked away without a scratch but my bike was trashed. After picking up the pieces and dropping more then 3k to fix it, I just couldn't find it in me to go back to the track the thought of putting it down again and having to fork out the cash again made me sick.

So needless to say I bought a vmax and I think it will be the perfect ride for me I'm excited for this summer to put some serious miles on it. The bike is all stock for now I already have a cbr tail light order ,along with some super bright LEDs for the dash, I've already been searching this forums pretty heavily and have come away with some great info. Currently I'm in the process of putting a bigger battery and putting a new starter clutch in. Hope to get help and give help as needed. I'm happy to join the family!
Welcome to the forum ! Do you still have the 14 or did you sell it ? If your looking to get rid of it you might try www.zx1441r.com

Hello all!

Glad to have you here...this is a GREAT forum..

Hello all!

Us Iowans are MULTIPLYING! :punk: Hopefully you won't be disappointed with the drop in power...although a ZX14 with those mods is probably down right insane. We are going to get some IA rides going this year...where abouts are you?

Check my recent acquisition. I've put ~75 miles on it thus far.

http://youtu.be/mLaPQPaqJcU

Edit: GLAD you are OK

Back