Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome home to the vmaxforum, lots of cool cats here to help and to chat with.

Hello. I have had my Vmax for 6 years. It's a 1985 and currently is down due to clutch push rod seal leak. The seal come out from the engine block after about 15 minutes of running when cold going to getting warm up. Some have said oil pressure to high. I have not had chance to check the oil pressure yet busy at work at my Dad's shop. Will check out by this weekend but I was wondering if any one else has had this problem.

Matt

When cold my Max runs around 60psi, after it warms up I have around 5psi at idle "1000" rpm, I run a Cycle One Off oil pressure guage kit with the guage mounted to the handlebar, maybe your pump isn't bypassing correctly?..........You should post the last 4 digits of your vin in the "oldest surviving V-Max" thread, dedicated to the 1985 model year.....................Tom.

Hello all from central West Virginia. Just joined the forum last week. Took delivery of a 2006 Vmax with 3200 miles on it last Friday. I've Bennet looking at these bikes for years. I've owned several motorcycles over the years but I am in love with this one. So far.... Lol. No mods as of yet. Looking to do the stock exhaust mod tomorrow for a little more sound. Glad to be here and I'm going to give thanks in advance for the future help you all will give. I'm also looking at upgrading the grips and locating a factory sissy bar for the misses...

Hello all from central West Virginia. Just joined the forum last week. Took delivery of a 2006 Vmax with 3200 miles on it last Friday. I've Bennet looking at these bikes for years. I've owned several motorcycles over the years but I am in love with this one. So far.... Lol. No mods as of yet. Looking to do the stock exhaust mod tomorrow for a little more sound. Glad to be here and I'm going to give thanks in advance for the future help you all will give. I'm also looking at upgrading the grips and locating a factory sissy bar for the misses...

Welcome! I betcha anything you'll need you can find on here.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

New old guy - Cycle One Off

New old guy here (retired old fart at 66). Been riding 2 wheels since the early '60's and have had dozens of metric bikes and I must say the 2006 Vmax I recently purchased is a very nice ride. I do have one question maybe someone can help me with. Several weeks ago I purchased a couple items from Cycle One off and immediately they charged my credit card but I have yet to hear from them or receive my items. I sent them 3 emails with no answers, I searched for a phone number and they don't have one listed and that does tell me they don't want to be bothered. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, I enjoy being a part of this site.

Re: New old guy - Cycle One Off

New old guy here (retired old fart at 66). Been riding 2 wheels since the early '60's and have had dozens of metric bikes and I must say the 2006 Vmax I recently purchased is a very nice ride. I do have one question maybe someone can help me with. Several weeks ago I purchased a couple items from Cycle One off and immediately they charged my credit card but I have yet to hear from them or receive my items. I sent them 3 emails with no answers, I searched for a phone number and they don't have one listed and that does tell me they don't want to be bothered. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, I enjoy being a part of this site.
Welcome to the forum. You will get your stuff from cycle one off he is just slow. He is a one man team so nothing happens quick.

Hi, everyone .
Me new bike is 1990 black full power import with lazer slip ons and custom footpegs , big aloy frame strenghner suport bar,s.

Had to give address as new york when registering as for some reason would not accept my real adress which is Bradford in the UK.

Well am happy to be here now and lovin me max.

Hello all
I have just got my vmax. It's a 2003 full power. It's had 17inch wheels and r1 brake conversion. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402270707.411800.jpg

Re: New old guy - Cycle One Off

Welcome to the forum. You will get your stuff from cycle one off he is just slow. He is a one man team so nothing happens quick.

I have also ordered a fork brace 3 weeks ago, sent emails and still no answer. I guess i will just wait.

Hello everybody,

Not sure where to start or what to say except that I ALWAYS wanted a VMAX since I was teenager but never got one :confused2::confused2:
Anyhow Im looking forward to buy a 2005- 2007 and have been looking for good deal for the past 2 months on ebat craiglist......
Might get a non running one since it looks like lots of them have problem starting after 2-5 years sitting in a garage but overhauling the carbs may cost quit a few $$$$$$

Will see.

Bounty

Latest posts

Back