Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I am connecticutvmaxman I am here to party. I recently aquired a 1985 vmax with some key upgrades fork brace upgraded fork springs ubgraded rear springs and some chrome aroun the bike as well as a corbin seat I paid 3300 bucks did I get ripped off or was that a good deal?:confused2: oh yeah 20k miles

No rip off from what you have listed. Sounds like you bought it from someone in the know. Welcome to the forum and like they say ...................:party:

:ttiwwp:

This one is in north Texas
IMG_5967.jpg

And I'm sure this is not the place to discuss it, but the front suspension is a bit on the harsh side :eusa_dance: Airing up the front tire helped.

Might be buying this vmax on saturday. It is my first vmax. I'm pretty excited about it. He did say it is leaking from the stator cover. It is a 93 with brembo ft calipers. I believe everything else is stock. It has 20k on the odo. Anything to look out for?

Thanks all,
Kevin.

3kb3m53pd5O45V35U1aaccc0b41e1b922155e.jpg

Might be buying this vmax on saturday. It is my first vmax. I'm pretty excited about it. He did say it is leaking from the stator cover. It is a 93 with brembo ft calipers. I believe everything else is stock. It has 20k on the odo. Anything to look out for?

Thanks all,
Kevin.

3kb3m53pd5O45V35U1aaccc0b41e1b922155e.jpg

Hammer it hard into second and make sure it stays there...

Other than that, it's all good.

What's the price? Maybe we can help you there too.

Chris

Hammer it hard into second and make sure it stays there...

Other than that, it's all good.

What's the price? Maybe we can help you there too.

Chris

problems with 2nd gear syncro?

at any rate the seller is asking 2799 , he is also out of state (only 1 state up in wy)

Here is another pic I found, not paint but a vinyl wrap. I think it looks nice though.

3n13kd3ld5Q05P25R2aac47d5ede2b2bb1554.jpg

so he is coming down tomorrow! I will post up pics if i do get it! me=can't wait!!!!

problems with 2nd gear syncro?

at any rate the seller is asking 2799 , he is also out of state (only 1 state up in wy)

Here is another pic I found, not paint but a vinyl wrap. I think it looks nice though.

3n13kd3ld5Q05P25R2aac47d5ede2b2bb1554.jpg

There's no syncros in a sequential transmission. It's the dogs that round over so it can pop out of gear.

Let it rev slow while under way all the way to around 9000 RPM to make sure jetting is right.

THAT is a GOOD price!

Looks nice! good luck with the purchace...................

Thanks! Looks like it also has aftermarket supertrapp exhaust / thanks 2fear for the info!

Well if all goes well tomorrow I will officially own a bike I've wanted since i was in the 6th grade lol

There's no syncros in a sequential transmission. It's the dogs that round over so it can pop out of gear.

Let it rev slow while under way all the way to around 9000 RPM to make sure jetting is right.

THAT is a GOOD price!

Seems high if you use nada but i know these bikes have a collectible value.

Hi everyone. I have wanted a VMAX since I was 16 years old, (1986). Now I am looking for one. There is a 1997 MAX for sale near me, 22,000 miles. The guy is asking $3200 for it. I have no prob with the amount, but are there certain things I should look for before I buy? I will be looking at it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!!:eusa_dance:

1997 with that many miles should be in pretty good shape. It'll have the larger 42mm forks and spin on oil filter. There are a few other parts that have been upgraded from 97 on. but it's not a bad year based on that. Make sure it starts and runs quiet and smooth. No extreme difficulty starting, idling and running smoothly in all gears and shifts well. Check the clutch and brake functions. There can still be many other hidden things but this gives you a starting point.
Check Battery area for acid damage too.

Good Luck,
Dave

hola, que tal? I'm from Spain
I have a Vmax of 1992 2WE, I'm from "Vmax Club Espa?a" formed recently and I'm here to have if I learn a bit of your great experience on this bike
my English is not very good (is terrible):biglaugh: and use a translator,
I will put a picture

:cheers: Jpou greetings

hola que tal?
to see if I can post a picture

74066_173410226009633_100000219716926_673792_8360974_n.jpg

:clapping: seems to have gone well

Hey Everyone!
New member here and my name is Mike.I'm 56 years of age and live in Vista,Ca which is about 40 miles north of San Diego. I've been riding for about 40 years now and have owned and ridden both Jap bikes and Harleys. I've been wanting a Max since the first time I saw one and finally got a 2005 with 13,000 miles that I'll be picking up this weekend. It's been well maintained with some nice upgrades already. I've been reading and absorbing everything I can on this great site and have already learned so much about an awesome bike I don't even have yet. I tell you I've been like a little kid waiting for Christmas and can't wait to get it! lmfao! I know you guys like pics so I'm attaching some of my new baby! :biglaugh:Mike

Attachments

• VM1.jpg
    VM1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 23
  • VM2.jpg
    VM2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 16
  • VM5.jpg
    VM5.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 18
hola, que tal? I'm from Spain
I have a Vmax of 1992 2WE, I'm from "Vmax Club Espa?a" formed recently and I'm here to have if I learn a bit of your great experience on this bike
my English is not very good (is terrible):biglaugh: and use a translator,
I will put a picture

:cheers: Jpou greetings

Welcome.
Dont worry, You are not alone :rofl_200:

What exhaust is that?
Custom made?

Latest posts

Back