Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I'm Roey,
I bought my 91 Max about a year ago from a friend (don't worry, a vin check confirmed it's the 143HP version).
It had a bad starter clutch,battery, clutch, and some small surprises.
I fixed everything and on my first wheelie broke my fork seals and fork brace (that was cracked to begin with).
That turned out to be a blessing because after changing the oil in the forks and setting it up for my weight + a new stiff fork brace It felt like riding a Ducati monster 1100 with an engine :biglaugh:

I Recently moved from BK-NY to Charlotte NC.

My V-Max is a Rat, It rides great, but looks dirty and heavily used ('cause it is).
Bike is stock part from the K&N filter and 4-1 Kreker exhaust system.
Has some cosmetic changes but who cares about those?...

If you live around Charlotte and you know about any Max getogethers Shoot me a PM, or send me an email (My email is under contacts on my website) roeyhaviv.yolasite.com.

Cheers
picture3sn.png

Last edited:
Welcome!........Checked your link, nice bio!......Sounds like you love what you do and are having fun doing it! Good luck in your new enviroment, I suspect you won't have any problem plugging in somewhere.........:punk:.............Looks like you love to ride and ride hard!.........You should fit right in around here!............Again welcome to the site!.............Tom.

Hi,
My name is jonnytonup and I live near Melbourne Australia. Ihave just purchased a 2000 VMax which was manufactured in Japan, sent to Canada, then back to Japan, then to Australia and then to me. The bike has 16000 k's on the clock, whether that figure can be believed is anyone's guess, but I am very happy with it and hope to put plenty of k's on it.

Regards jonnytonup

Hi,
My name is jonnytonup and I live near Melbourne Australia. Ihave just purchased a 2000 VMax which was manufactured in Japan, sent to Canada, then back to Japan, then to Australia and then to me. The bike has 16000 k's on the clock, whether that figure can be believed is anyone's guess, but I am very happy with it and hope to put plenty of k's on it.

Regards jonnytonup
Welcome to the forum !

hello to all Vmaxers (the translator is very bad)
I'm quite busy with the V, :bang head: I'm removing paint the chassis has some rust. have if I find any help on the technical zone :a014:
another photo

163722_173535236014249_100000733227107_394509_2407184_n.jpg

greetings :cheers:

Greetings!
I'm kind of new I guess. I bought a 2007 new off of the floor almost exactly 2 years ago (October), it was sitting there next to the first '09 the dealer had. With it having hung around in their inventory for a bit, they made me a good deal - $9500 with all fees and charges included. I had a Suzuki GS1000 over 25 years ago, which I sold so that I could watch my kids grow up and be part of the process........ I couldn't trust myself to ride slowly. :) But now the boys are grown so I get to have a bike again.
I did join the VMOA fairly soon after, but my job and obligations leave me little time to log in and join the fray, though I really enjoy reading and learning from everyone. I've just recently started looking here at vmaxforum. When I do have time I ride! I live in the Northwest, and I only ride when it's dry and I'm not working, but I still managed to roll over 18,000 on the odometer in October! Not too bad for dry eveings and weekends and the odd day here and there.
I'm in love with my VMax, and my wife is totally supportive even though she herself is not into adrenaline in any shape or form. She says it's because it's the first thing I've wanted for myself in 31 years. Bless her heart.
I've taken the attitude that I need to learn continuously, so at this point I've completed all of the MSF courses, and I plan to find and take Lee Parks "Total Control" class next summer (I've read the book).
For me it is the perfect bike. I like the one guy who said its handling is "quirky." And others have said it's a fat pig. I've found that it can be coaxed into pretty fun performance in the tighter curves with a couple of modifications and having finally found really great tires: Avon Venom on the rear, Avon Roadrider on the front. The description is true "Large contact patch for excellent grip at all lean angles." :)
Thanks for the privilege of being part of this great community.
Todd
pdxvmax5257

Hello,
New Vmax owner, long time admirer. Just bought a 1994 and am now performing a bunch of needed maintenance. Found this forum and have been trolling and gathering information and how-to's. Love the forum and appreciate all the info stored here. I'll be using this site as a reference as I perform all the maintenance.
Thanks for everything.
TR

Just bought an 07 vmax with 125 miles on it. Had the oil changed looks great runs well. My other bikes are a 09 Raider and 2001 supercharged valk interstate. love the vmax so far, much lighter than any bike i've owned in the last 10 yrs. do like speed and tinkering with machinery. wil be looking for ideas on mods on this site.

Welcome rdunbar123! I'm sure you'll find plenty of information here to aid with your machinery tinkering! We do like any pictures and any information that may help a fellow Vmaxer out with a problem, or even if it's just a mod.

Wait, did I just say JUST A MOD???? I meant visual and mechanical improvements!:biglaugh::punk:

Just bought an 07 vmax with 125 miles on it. Had the oil changed looks great runs well. My other bikes are a 09 Raider and 2001 supercharged valk interstate. love the vmax so far, much lighter than any bike i've owned in the last 10 yrs. do like speed and tinkering with machinery. wil be looking for ideas on mods on this site.
Welcome this is a great place with tons of information !

Hello all, although i joined the forum in March 2009 i have just now acquired my first Vmax. it is a 1997, Silver in color and has a production date of 1/97.

now for the good and bad news.

the good news, it is a one owner, it has 4,390 miles on it and it was owned by a elderly gentleman who never dogged it. it cost me $2,000.

the bad news.
it has been parked in a garage since sept. 2005 and has not run since.

i figure i will have to change all the fluids and clean out the tank ans carbs. is there anything else i should do before starting?

thanks, Dave

OK, here we are a few months down the road. i have rebuilt all three master cylinders, calipers and the clutch pusher. all are A-OK. i replaced the gastank with a new one, the old was just to rusted to save.

now for the carbs, i have rebuilt all 4. BUT, the 2 on the right side are bad, who ever owned this bike before drilled holes in the inside of the jet body, ??? who knows why but the carb bodies themselves have had it. i will have to replace them.

later, Dave

ps - here are some photo's.

Attachments

• Yamaha Vmax 001.jpg
    Yamaha Vmax 001.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Yamaha Vmax 002.jpg
    Yamaha Vmax 002.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Yamaha Vmax 003.jpg
    Yamaha Vmax 003.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Yamaha Vmax 004.jpg
    Yamaha Vmax 004.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Yamaha Vmax 005.jpg
    Yamaha Vmax 005.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Yamaha Vmax 008.jpg
    Yamaha Vmax 008.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum and congrats on scoring the '97. A great year for the V Max IMO.
Sounds like you have it covered, after doing what you suggested throw some gas in her and see how she sounds.
If you don't have a complete carb dismantle/cleaning on the schedule, that should be done at some point I would guess.
Good luck! Keep us posted, and of course.....pictures, lots and lots of pictures!! :punk:
dan-o

Latest posts

Back