Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: vmax newbie here

Get with Sean (one2dmax) Morley, and he can cut down your stock seat, or get with Rick (twistedmax), he makes seats in his garage (maxgasser seats). Me personally I went with the maxgasser. They are expensive, but in my opinion...worth it.

Ok thanks. I may contact one of those guys. Does Sean rework Corbin seats? I'll try to do a little research on here to find out more, seems like theres lots of info on here, just have to find it. Just hard to get on computer these days...with workin lots of hrs and havin 2 month old baby

Re: new guy here

Howdy from aggieland, in Texas.
I too had wanted a Vmax since as far back as I can remember. I finally came across a deal recently and snagged up a well used '98 with almost 35000 miles on it. Ive only had it a couple months and have MADE time to put a 1000 miles on it. I have found my second love!
I will have a ton of questions for you guys...starting with the size of the gas tank. I was aware of the poor gas mileage and small tank, but it didnt really sink in until I put a few miles on this thing and realized how often I'll be poppin the seat to fill up. My question...is there ANY available larger aftermarket tanks or any other suggestions on how to get more than 90 or 100 miles out of a tank?
My next question...Im happy with the factory seat, but I would like to look into a Corbin and give it a shot. Has anyone tried a Corbin and are you happy with it?
Alright guys...thats all I have for now, but Im sure I'll have more.
Thanks

See my post a few before your post. You will see I have a corbin and took it off and put on stock seat. I just got my bike too and have to figure out my seat situation too. Dont hav alot of time on either seat yet but corbin just seems too wide in thigh area, which makes my legs shorter cuz they have to go out before they go down(if that makes sense). But it was comfortable on the one longer ride i did take.

LIke I said Im not exactly sure what I'm doin yet with my seat but if you end up wanting a corbin i may hav one I to sell...just keep it in mind. Later!

Re: vmax newbie here

Ok thanks. I may contact one of those guys. Does Sean rework Corbin seats? I'll try to do a little research on here to find out more, seems like theres lots of info on here, just have to find it. Just hard to get on computer these days...with workin lots of hrs and havin 2 month old baby

I understand...and yes...he does rework corbin seats.

Well...lets try this one...

http://www.boxenstoppdaytona.com/

Re: new guy here

Howdy from aggieland, in Texas.
I too had wanted a Vmax since as far back as I can remember. I finally came across a deal recently and snagged up a well used '98 with almost 35000 miles on it. Ive only had it a couple months and have MADE time to put a 1000 miles on it. I have found my second love!
I will have a ton of questions for you guys...starting with the size of the gas tank. I was aware of the poor gas mileage and small tank, but it didnt really sink in until I put a few miles on this thing and realized how often I'll be poppin the seat to fill up. My question...is there ANY available larger aftermarket tanks or any other suggestions on how to get more than 90 or 100 miles out of a tank?
My next question...Im happy with the factory seat, but I would like to look into a Corbin and give it a shot. Has anyone tried a Corbin and are you happy with it?
Alright guys...thats all I have for now, but Im sure I'll have more. Thanks

Get with Sean, one2dmax he mentioned a few weeks ago about making a larger gas tank. That mod will probably expensive $$$ though? He also can help you with a seat.

Just dropping in to say hi from the very soggy isle of Britain... I'm here due to Eric keep chatting about the forum .. AKA- Traumahawk !... Looks like a cool place to be , so i think i'll stick around for a little while if you don't mind ??

I confess i am an ex vmax owner .. BUT this is only due to an accident .. i am , as Eric will tell you still very much interested in max's and have had a little involvement in his bike ... He may deny this !! LOL

Anyhoo... good to be here and nice to meet you all .

Ravenm XxX

P.S .. If you haven't already guessed im not male ! :punk:

Just dropping in to say hi from the very soggy isle of Britain... I'm here due to Eric keep chatting about the forum .. AKA- Traumahawk !... Looks like a cool place to be , so i think i'll stick around for a little while if you don't mind ??

I confess i am an ex vmax owner .. BUT this is only due to an accident .. i am , as Eric will tell you still very much interested in max's and have had a little involvement in his bike ... He may deny this !! LOL

Anyhoo... good to be here and nice to meet you all .

Ravenm XxX

P.S .. If you haven't already guessed im not male ! :punk:

LOL...I hope that you're not male....it would be a helluva surprise to me...

:surprise:

Hey all
A sportbike guy for many years but where I live the roads are long, straight, and full of potholes. Started testing dual sports and cruisers on test ride days but nothing felt right (although the Ducati multistrada came close but $$$$). Stumbled across a beautiful vmax at a bike show and after much research the hunt was on. When I found my 99 max I knew it was a steal -a lot of the mods mentioned here were already done and looked showroom mint! First ride and I was hooked!

Been completely through the bike and all checks out. Installing progressive springs/1"lower, new rear tire (with Dyna beads-thanks for the tip Larry) and ready to put some miles on!

Info on the site has been epic for this do-it-myselfer, hope I can make some worthy contributions. Cheers
:rockon00:

Hey all
A sportbike guy for many years but where I live the roads are long, straight, and full of potholes. Started testing dual sports and cruisers on test ride days but nothing felt right (although the Ducati multistrada came close but $$$$). Stumbled across a beautiful vmax at a bike show and after much research the hunt was on. When I found my 99 max I knew it was a steal -a lot of the mods mentioned here were already done and looked showroom mint! First ride and I was hooked!

Been completely through the bike and all checks out. Installing progressive springs/1"lower, new rear tire (with Dyna beads-thanks for the tip Larry) and ready to put some miles on!

Info on the site has been epic for this do-it-myselfer, hope I can make some worthy contributions. Cheers
:rockon00:
Welcome to the forum nater, I've been helped alot on this site too, so I help out when I can. There is alot of info here & if you can't find it just ask. There's some guys here with alot of knowledge about the max. Oh & watch out for the mod monkey. He'll wreck havoc on your wallet.:punk:

Hello folks, New forum member here from Hawaii. I had an 85 Vmax in my younger years that I use to drag race. I ended up selling it and getting into road racing and sport bikes. Well I always regretted selling the Max and found a good deal on a 97 V-Max last week and had to buy it. I have big plans for the bike. Pretty much all the things I wanted to do to the first one 20 years ago but couldn't afford. Its in full stock trim now.
I am in the market for suspension R1 front end maybe and new rear shocks and of course wheels asap I'm on the fence about 17" or 18" I would like to keep the stock speedo Any direction for parts and labor services would be helpful. It seems that wheels are getting hard to source and not many options. A one stop shop for all this would be great. My old bike had a stage 7 jet kit and a Hindle 4-1 system and was tuned very well V boost was removed so open all the time and it didn't bother me a bit it certainly didn't loose anything power wise that I could feel compared to the stock one Im riding now. I'm not sure what direction I want to go as it looks like most systems advertised are a 4-2 system and a stage 1 kit that does not impress me much. Any way stay tuned for progress reports.

Good morning from Maine. Justin P. "Biker Dash" Emery here.

The V-max is the first bike that really caught my eye at the age of twelve, creating a love of motorcycles which continues to this day. Ever since, this is one of the VERY few bikes I have truly lusted for, and was determined to own someday. Well, a week ago today, after trading in my modded Shadow 750ACE, and forking over $5500, this lifelong dream has been fulfilled.

I do have to say that I am very pleased with the bike so far. It has all the power I will ever need, and is quite comfortable. And yet, even before I cut the check for the bike, I was going over ideas on how to make Woona all the more perfect for me. (Yes, I have named her.)

I have on order Kuryakyn Mini Dagger pegs, which will fit my western style boots much better. To match those, I will get myself a set of the Kuryakyn Transformer grips with throttle bosses. (Have yet to decide whether to go with the original throttle bosses, which I love the looks of, or the contoured ones, which look to be more comfortable.)

Other mods I want to do include new brake pads and lines. better tires front and rear, Suspension work to better tune the bike to my smaller weight and somewhat aggressive riding style, and maybe clip-ons for the forward stance I feel more comfortable with. Also, some changes to the lines of the bike, including a VTX headlight and the headlight shroud that was offered for those bikes, combined with a chin fairing below the radiator, to give her a more aggressive stance. And maybe a different rear fender.

Lastly, a new paintjob. As much as I love the metallic gunmetal grey with silver racing stripes on the airbox cover, I want to do a color scheme to match the name of the bike. The name comes from the fandom which I write fanfics for, and I think it would look pretty sharp once I am finished. I just need to finish any and all body mods first before I paint.

Well, enough about me... I wanna go gaze in wonder (and lust) at my Woona some more!

Welcome Biker Dash. Have at her. I love hearing about guys making there Vmaxes there own. need some pics though :eusa_dance:

Welcome Biker Dash. Have at her. I love hearing about guys making there Vmaxes there own. need some pics though :eusa_dance:

Thank you. Once I figure the proper sub-forum, I shall list all my ideas I have for her. Pics will have to come once the rain passes. (I wanna get some good ones, maybe even get a vid of me doin a fly-by)

For now, I gotta browse for ideas on getting her running perfect. (two tanks with Seafoam may have helped some, but she still seems a bit rough.

One question. What size forks on an 03 bike? (online, I have seen 40-43mm listed as the size)

Hi everyone. this is Darrell (madjack1369). New to this forum. Love the V-4. I own a 85 V65 Magna. Fixn to sell it to a friend. My pride is my 85 VMAXXX. Love these bikes. Mine is currently down as I am awaiting the arrival of a new stator. I look forward to sharing info on our rides. Wish everyone out there a safe trip no matter what part of the world you ride in.:punk:
edit

Thank you. Once I figure the proper sub-forum, I shall list all my ideas I have for her. Pics will have to come once the rain passes. (I wanna get some good ones, maybe even get a vid of me doin a fly-by)

For now, I gotta browse for ideas on getting her running perfect. (two tanks with Seafoam may have helped some, but she still seems a bit rough.

One question. What size forks on an 03 bike? (online, I have seen 40-43mm listed as the size)

Unless the forks have been changed...the forks should be 43 MM.

Hey all just been amazed at the knowledge and help I have had from everyone.. here is my bike! some folks wanted a picture and was not sure where to put it.. I am still new to the site and figuring out as I go.

Attachments

• vmax1.jpg
    vmax1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 23
Time to do an intro I think

I was looking at vmax's for a good while... Not heaps for sale here in Australia.

I seen one that was 2 and a half hrs away so loaded the trailer up and in the car I got (bike wasn't registered so I couldn't ride it home)
I get there and the bikes sitting under a cover that's covered in dust, the owned pulled the cover off and this is where my love affair began with my vmax lol

I put the key in the ignition and turned it to accessories, hearing the fuel pump kick in gave me chills haha
I hit the start button and the beast came to life!
I let it warm up for a few mins while I looked over the bike.

It was time to cock my leg over this mammoth bike for the first time, I pulled the bike off the side stand and fell in love with the seating position straight away!

My brother passed me my helmet (he's had a vmax) as I slipped it on he re warned me about vboost and not to hit it around corners lol
Click, I put it in first and rode out of the drive way and up the street
Around the corner I opened her up and felt just how much pull these bad boys actually have!!!
Getting the front end sorted it HIGH on the priory list as it feels like there is no suspension in the front.

Mods it has are as follows
Progressive springs
Exactrep front guard
UFO fork brace
Bigger headlight
Smaller indicators
Exactrep flat bars
Exactrep intakes
Aluminium solid engine mounts
Clear clutch cover
Pulse gel battery
99 mufflers
Custom darth maul paintImageUploadedByTapatalk1370335641.520193.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370335682.845757.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370335698.452203.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370335714.310173.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370335727.811607.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370335756.871144.jpg

Latest posts

Back