Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard and that IS a great looking bike for sure.
Cool story too with the ties to your Dad, you may not have been able to relive those days again with you father but rest easy knowing that you had "Those Days" to begin with.

Don't hesitate to turn here for help getting your new antique running good an handling good again. You are probably going to disappointed in how she's going to ride but hang I there there is a cure for just about all her shortcomings (Except her fat ass!!) to be found here.

New Limey

Hi fellas,
Just bought my first V-Max - I've wanted one for a while, but never had the cash when a good bike's been available.

This one belonged to a 70-year old bloke who died. His mate was selling it on behalf of the widow so I just gave him the asking price (?4,600: about $7,000), which seemed reasonable for a low-mile 2003 bike.

Only 4,200 miles from new in 10 years, but she must have been standing for a long while. Oil has been changed and she runs fine over 3,000 revs, but won't idle or run at low throttle.

I'm cleaning the pilot jets now, hope that cures it!

Bike's very original, but I don't imagine it'll stay that way for long. First thing to go will be that fugly screen!

Thanks for this forum, I'm sure I'll be seeking your collective wisdom before long.

Cheers,

Ian

Attachments

• V-Max.JPG
    V-Max.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 14
Welcome Cook1e!
That's a great-looking bike there, one your are sure to enjoy.
But I have to ask......is that YOU in the avatar???
if so, you are one sorry-ass looking s.o.b.
One of those faces "only a mother could love":rofl_200:
Cheers!

Welcome Cook1e!
That's a great-looking bike there, one your are sure to enjoy.
But I have to ask......is that YOU in the avatar???
if so, you are one sorry-ass looking s.o.b.
One of those faces "only a mother could love":rofl_200:
Cheers!

Hey Miles,
Thanks for the welcome! I have to say that your own avatar is very attractive & handsome - were you a male model? :ummm:

Hoping to get the carbs finished and the bike running sweetly when i get home from work tonight.

Cheers,

Cook1e

Warp12, what a bike! You lucky duck. I think you are gonna love your acquisition and I am wishing many happy miles and stories. Perhaps you have or will have a son to make memories with on your Max and wouldn't it be cool to pass on. No excuse to be a stranger on the Firum now. I love a super clean stock bike as much as a Mod Monkeyed custom.
Hope to see you posting up with your Vmax related stuff and there are plenty of other threads about life and non Max related topics. Thanks for sharing your story.

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Hi guys
Finally was able to sign up after several days of trying. Something seems to be wrong with the little picture assembly system you use for security. Kept saying I did it wrong. Anyway, I'm a new V-max owner, 2005 Anniversary edition. Had a Honda V-65 but sold it when they passed the helmet law in California in 1994.
I've missed that bike and riding so I guess I'll just have to wear a helmet ( half helmet) . I'm an old fart now but I road for 30 years and still have the need for speed. Just got the bike home and it started leaking gas from the air tubes of the carberator( don't know which one) Going to have it picked up tomorrow by my local dealer.
Not a good start but you take your chances with a used bike. Bike seems in good condition otherwise. Want to have a tune up anyway, summer is right around the corner. I am also surprised by the lack of after market parts for the V-max.
I looking online for a rear fender rack but can not find one. It came with the factory sissy bar. Did they make a oem rack ?
Patrick

Patrick, welcome to the forum, you just found all the aftermarket parts there are for a VMAX, just need to look/ask

Hope I am in the right place... just got back to a v-max. Had a couple of 85's years ago .. bought something different and now back to a max.. I bought a 97 that is pretty clean and had everything done that I wanted..
Its been been a while and things have changed and the amount of knowledge that is out there is amazing! I tried to look at some of the mods here and there but not the best at research. I will post what is going on/issue and questions I have . Thanks. Tim

Hope I am in the right place... just got back to a v-max. Had a couple of 85's years ago .. bought something different and now back to a max.. I bought a 97 that is pretty clean and had everything done that I wanted..
Its been been a while and things have changed and the amount of knowledge that is out there is amazing! I tried to look at some of the mods here and there but not the best at research. I will post what is going on/issue and questions I have . Thanks. Tim

Welcome back to life with a Vmax Tim. When it comes to mods and knowledge you have found the perfect place to make yourhead ache due to info overload and a mod monkey that will steal everything in your wallet!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the welcome.. looking forward to finding my way around and learning the way of how this site works.. Pretty excited about riding the bike .. storming now and busy for a few days so it must sit. Want to post some pictures soon.

Welcome Tim, its definately a different Vmax world today then it was in the late eighties and early ninties..............your going to be amazed!

Hello all. I just got my 2002 Vmax and have already found this forum very useful. Good info on here. The Vmax is fun, so far. My last motorcycle was a Hayabusa so this is quite a different ride. I miss the speed of the Busa but my wrists and back thank me. Thanks for the site.

Hello all. I just got my 2002 Vmax and have already found this forum very useful. Good info on here. The Vmax is fun, so far. My last motorcycle was a Hayabusa so this is quite a different ride. I miss the speed of the Busa but my wrists and back thank me. Thanks for the site.

Strangely I just sold my Hayabusa in order to get a Vmax. All I can say it's a completely different bike. Some good, some not so good...

I am happy with it. I like the riding position a lot more. The Vmax is quick, but the Hayabusa was a monster. Oh well. They are both good at what they were built for. You gotta love the Vmax for that.

Hello All,

Proud owner of an '85 Max, found her all original with only 14k on her last year. Since then I've been building up her performance to where she deserves.

So far: Full Master rebuild kits and diaphragms on all carbs, DynoJet Stage 7 kit, UFO Performance Slash tip full exhaust, new clutch, new NGK plugs, Maxima full synthetic, Maxima coolant, smoked stainless signals, new rubber front/back, fully rebuilt front forks new seals/caps/tube polished w/ Progressive springs, rear 13" Progressive shocks, EBC Kevlar hybrid pads, and custom installed LED engine accent lighting by me... I think that's about it. Dyno'd up to 125hp, while keeping the mix clean w/ decent mpg.

Anyways, it's my 3rd bike, and I just love how unique the Max is. I'm stationed down in San Diego, and ride whenever I can. Can't wait to pick up all the advice I can out of this forum.

Just starting on a full bolt replacement project, swapping all 215 bolts out to stainless steel, should keep me occupied for a while, lol.

See yall on the threads,

Spikes

I'm a newbie as well 85Max but let me just chip in and say hi and welcome. This forum helped me decide on a V Max after years of pondering and has thus far proved very welcoming, friendly and patient.
Great bunch of people.

Chris.

Back