Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up? New member here. I've always been an admirer of the Vmax. I've been riding an 06 Hayabusa but with my age and height the ride started becoming uncomfortable, so after 4 years, I sold it. This weekend i'm picking up a 1 owner 2006 and can't wait. It already has a corbin seat, the sissy bar which i'm sure the GF will require, a small fly screen and a set of slip ons, although i'm unsure of the brand. I'm looking at improving where possible without going crazy. Here's a few pics.

Welcome and congrats on the purchase.
Your slip-ons look like a set of marvings.

Welcome and congrats on the purchase.
Your slip-ons look like a set of marvings.

Thanks. Picking it up this Friday and it can't get here soon enough. He told me they were marvings. I did a bit of research and couldn't find anything. What are the opinions of these slip-ons? Sound and quality wise...

ya it looks like the marvings have gone the way seen by HMFs and Two Bros as once being popular and then discontinued. i'm willing to guess that marvings were not as popular stateside, though. with exactrep sourcing them once upon a time, i wonder if the UK VMAX site has members running a set or have a deeper history. hit them up. sorry, i dont have a link handy to share, if you dont know what site i'm talking about. perhaps one of the guys here will chime in with a link

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

So after about 100 posts or so I have realized that I dont believe I ever went through the step of introducing myself. So...

I have aquired my first vmax about 4 years ago. An 85 that came with 180 rear tire radial conversion, suspension upgrades front and back, kerker, a hybid jet kit (or thats what ill call it). two years ago the motor spun a bearing so it now has a 2000 motor in it with about 14k on the clock. I have never worked on motorcycles but have always been good with mechanical types of things so I took all the projects on myself and now have the bike pictured. This forum and Sean have of great help and I appreciate all the information that everyone has put togther here! WOW is about all I can say to the intense knowledge and willingness to continually help people out that everyone here does!

A little background, I am married with two kids, one 1 year old son, and one 6 year old daughter. From the madison WI area. (let me know if any of you are from around here!!) I initally was a computer guy but have migrate to a cabinet/metal shop. I program are cnc machines, repair them, and run are machine dept. We also have powder coating going on here on a daily basis so that has been of great benefit as parts that need some new paint have been coated..

As stated I am not a pro by any means when it comes to these bikes but I have learned a ton by doing it all myslef. Makes a guy feel good to to know all the hard work has been in my own garage, and by my own hands. I have taken so much from this site that I try to contribute or at least give my opinion or my expieriences that I have run into, but the techincal stuff is dominted obviosly by some of the pros on here.

I have attached a pic of what I have finally done or at least where I am at now with my bike.

Hope I can contribute to this forum as a fellow vmax'er!

Thanks,
Eric

Attachments

• 2013 Max.jpg
    2013 Max.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 14
Hey folks, just introducing myself. I'm not yet a VMax owner, but have been lurking here reading some of your threads and trying to decide if I want to go look at some soon.

Got my bike license at 16 on a 1987 Yamaha Fazer. I wound up in the hospital twice, but I loved that bike. A couple years later I picked up a 1983 Honda V45 Magna. I thought given that it had the same displacement that it would suit me just fine, but I was kind of bored with it.

I've now been out of the saddle for over a decade and was never that experienced to begin with. I'd kind of been looking at Triumph Rocket III's (I know they look funky, but I like it) and even Victory Vegas, but either one would be out of my price range this year I think. Now I'm leaning more towards a 3rd Gen Magna or a 1st Gen VMax. Having read a couple stories from folks that have had both, it sounds like the VMax would be the winner. I'd probably aim for a '93 or newer, but the budget it tight as I just bought a house and have some maintenance to do.

I've not yet come across anyone that has compared the 1st Gen VMax with the Fazer. Can anyone tell me how similar they are to drive? I feel like I could handle a Fazer again, but the size of the VMax does intimidate me a little.

I've not yet come across anyone that has compared the 1st Gen VMax with the Fazer. Can anyone tell me how similar they are to drive? I feel like I could handle a Fazer again, but the size of the VMax does intimidate me a little.
pm SpecOps13. i believe he has a fazer. i know a couple years back, one of his fazer buddies tried out a gen2 during TechDay. He'd be the first guy I know to contact.

hello all, name is Joe, just bought a 1992 VMax, been waiting a while to get one, now its mine, hehe, learning alot about the bike from this site........

My name is Andrew from NY. I've been riding since 17 (20 yrs) and I purchased my first bike at 18. The Ninja and GSXR bikes aren't for me anymore so I decided to get a cruiser. I've always craved HP so the Vmax was a perfect fit. I sold my last bike in 2008 and I recently purchased my first Vmax.

It's a 2001 with 13,000 miles; holeshot full exhaust, jet kit, and the rest is stock. I purchased for $3500 and included a helmet and a nice black riding jacket that doesn't fit. I should mention that the bike needed some cosmetic updating etc and it had some minor road rash from a low speed fall. I've already changed the necessary parts, ceramic coated the headers, progressive springs, HH front brake pads, K&N filter, new plugs, oil change, had the fenders and air box cover painted, new handle bars, and Sean is in the process of shortening my 14" holeshot mufflers.

My next mod will be a 17" rear wheel and radial tires. I'm going to keep my stock front rim because I don't want to spend too much right now. Plus, the bike will not get driven much due to my busy schedule and traveling for work etc.. I really like the look of the Carrozzeria wheels but I can't justify spending almost $3000 for wheels/tires to install on a $3500 bike. I might go the Kosman route for a 17" rear and just buy tires

My name is Andrew from NY. I've been riding since 17 (20 yrs) and I purchased my first bike at 18. The Ninja and GSXR bikes aren't for me anymore so I decided to get a cruiser. I've always craved HP so the Vmax was a perfect fit. I sold my last bike in 2008 and I recently purchased my first Vmax.

It's a 2001 with 13,000 miles; holeshot full exhaust, jet kit, and the rest is stock. I purchased for $3500 and included a helmet and a nice black riding jacket that doesn't fit. I should mention that the bike needed some cosmetic updating etc and it had some minor road rash from a low speed fall. I've already changed the necessary parts, ceramic coated the headers, progressive springs, HH front brake pads, K&N filter, new plugs, oil change, had the fenders and air box cover painted, new handle bars, and Sean is in the process of shortening my 14" holeshot mufflers.

My next mod will be a 17" rear wheel and radial tires. I'm going to keep my stock front rim because I don't want to spend too much right now. Plus, the bike will not get driven much due to my busy schedule and traveling for work etc.. I really like the look of the Carrozzeria wheels but I can't justify spending almost $3000 for wheels/tires to install on a $3500 bike. I might go the Kosman route for a 17" rear and just buy tires

Welcome, where from ny, I'm originally from utica - whitesboro

Chief P here, from sin city, new owner of an 05. I've had every other V4 in the garage and it's time for a vmax. Now to sit back and read...for a couple weeks.

Chief P here, from sin city, new owner of an 05. I've had every other V4 in the garage and it's time for a vmax. Now to sit back and read...for a couple weeks.

Welcome!!!! Don't ready to much unless you have money to spare :D

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Back