Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone I leave in Greece I be got a v max 97 open model best bike ever..I also have a Fzr1000 91 model,Xv 535 and Xlr 250.The Vmax I am trying to restore it in factory look contrition with a few upgrates in sensitives spots like brakes, handling...Happy new year to everyone thank you.

Welcome xgunnerz. You can find all the Information to make any upgrades you want right here. Best place for anything Vmax

New guy here in North Carolina. I don't have my Max yet but it should be here by the end of February. It is an 89 model, 2 owner both in the same family. Looks taken care of, just needs a little tlc. I am a Yamaha fanboy and have owned a 2000 R1 and a 2001 R1. Sold my last bike about a year ago and have always said if I get a cruiser I want a Vmax. So I found this one and worked out the deal now I can't wait to get her home and start wrenching on her.

Welcome cmw2212. Your Vmax will be a whole different animal than your R1's. To me Raw/primal best describes The Vmax. Since you have to wait awhile to get it. This will give you time to read up and see what mods you want to make.

Hey everyone! I am a fairly new owner of the max. like some others I have read I have always remembered them when they came out and and father and his friend talking about how ridicoulous they were in 85 and 86 and how no one could get insurance (not sure if that was true) because of the power they had. So I've had many bikes through the years since I was 19. I got my first Vmax 2 and half years ago, 2004. I loved it imediately! The wobble is the only thing that I did not like, never had a bike that taking your hands off felt like you'd go into a ditch, but love the sound the power the ride everything else. Last year I started looking at the gen 2's and never imagined I would spend the money on a new one or even a used one. I found one 3 hours away for a the best price I had saw on a Gen2 by almost $2000 and rod eit it and that was it had to have it. so I now have a 2009 Gen 2 and 2004 Gen 1 which I am debating selling in the spring to help pay off my new Gen 2.

I am excited to see so much help on here and information. I look forward to hopfully talking and meeting some of you closer for some rides andmaking some frioendships with other max owners. My name is Brandon and live in Dayton, Ohio.

Congrats on getting a Gen 2 and welcome to the best forum on the internet!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Welcome Eaglehead71, theres some good folks in Ohio, and if you want to venture up into Mi theres a bunch of us here too!........May want to check out the Thunder in the valley meet over in Pa at the end of June.............Tom.

Picked up my first VMAX last Sunday. Traded my old work truck for it. Pretty clean with 9k mi on the clock. Got one ride in so far.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome Vincent, Ton of guys here from Michigan. I bet your one ride was a cold one:eusa_dance: I pick my Vmax up in the Detroit area. My test ride was at 39 degrees.

Welcome Vincent, plenty of Maxers here in Mi, we get together regularly for some good riding......................Tom.

Hello All,

My online name says it all, I am ...1 Proud Max Owner. I absolutely love my 1999 v max and love riding it.

A colleague of mine needed to sell the bike , it was stock except for a pair of slip ons. I rode it a little and loved it however, didn't know the engine needed some work.

Once I got it home I took it to Smokey Mountain Biker Gear here in Clinton Tn, where the mechanic said it ran like a "sick 550".
After some carb clean out and a tune up... his last statement was "ya ... it scares the S**T out of me, its a V-MAX again".

Since then there has been no turning back. Ive started doing some personal mods that I wanted done to it. Well thats my story and thanks to this forum I can learn from all of you and share what Im doing to mine.

Hello All,

My online name says it all, I am ...1 Proud Max Owner. I absolutely love my 1999 v max and love riding it.

A colleague of mine needed to sell the bike , it was stock except for a pair of slip ons. I rode it a little and loved it however, didn't know the engine needed some work.

Once I got it home I took it to Smokey Mountain Biker Gear here in Clinton Tn, where the mechanic said it ran like a "sick 550".
After some carb clean out and a tune up... his last statement was "ya ... it scares the S**T out of me, its a V-MAX again".

Since then there has been no turning back. Ive started doing some personal mods that I wanted done to it. Well thats my story and thanks to this forum I can learn from all of you and share what Im doing to mine.

Welcome, Thats a great story. It's great the mechanic new his way around the Vmax. That doesn't happen very often. I love it when a guy rides a poor running max and thinks its pretty fast. Then learns the reality of the beast:punk: Seen it a few times.

Yeah, I had a cold test ride I think it was about 41°F but sunny. Long johns, parka, hood.and gloves. Didn't really get on it, was afraid I might find some ice. Bike looks good, the most abuse it took was from garage storage. Guy I got it from told me all about the legendary v-twin that was in this bike. After that it was hard to really believe anything he said. Has low miles, 9k. Hope I won't run into any trans issues. I'm going to have a little work to do but not much. I'm going to change all the fluids, especially the brake and clutch. Oil looks fresh. Put some Seafoam in the tank. Could use some help syncing the carbs one day if anyone is near the the Downriver, MI.

Thanks for the warm welcome,
Sean

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Back