Being Unfaithful

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
I thort this would never happen but my back is having a hard time on the Vmax so i took a 2010 Thunderbird for a ride today . Was surprised how well it went not to mention handled and it did manage to throw me but into the seat a couple of times ....
Could this mean my Vmax days could be numbered .. :ummm:

Time to change your stock seat, different handlebars and maybe a set of forward pegs to help with your bad back - I also have a bad back and found that changing my seating position helped alot.

Mike

Got to change seating position..bars, seat, pegs..don't recommend foward pegs if you have back problems

I'll agree that the new Triumphs are really getting down to business and building solid bikes with mass appeal...giving a new definition to the "big twin". If I was in the market for a cruiser, I'd be giving the Triumphs a strong look, though I think the Raider would still be my first pick.

I have yet to hear anybody....young, old, skinny, fat, whatever say the stock seat is comfortable. It sucks no matter who you are and I imagine a bad back would only multiply the discomfort. Putting yourself more upright like a cruiser would probably help.

Those new 1500cc Thunderbirds are awesome!
As for the max. I found the stock seat uncomfortable on longer distance and was going to look at a custom seat before i had too many problems and took the bike back. So i would look at one of those first, unless you are hankering for a new bike that is :)

Those new 1500cc Thunderbirds are awesome!
As for the max. I found the stock seat uncomfortable on longer distance and was going to look at a custom seat before i had too many problems and took the bike back. So i would look at one of those first, unless you are hankering for a new bike that is :)

You mean 1600cc , well it got the better of me i pick it up wednesday , im gonna miss my Vmax .. :confused2:

I have yet to hear anybody....young, old, skinny, fat, whatever say the stock seat is comfortable. It sucks no matter who you are and I imagine a bad back would only multiply the discomfort. Putting yourself more upright like a cruiser would probably help.
I loved my stock seat until I bought a cut down one...now I wouldn't even think of going back to the stocker!!

Sadly to say the Max is gone , yes i will miss her but now i will just have to put up with this . It goes well , handles and breaks well is body friendly aswell .
5 days on 800+kms later and its all good . But you never know 1 day i may be back plus i will be dropping in from time to time . :punk:

Attachments

• DSC01977.JPG
    DSC01977.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01976.JPG
    DSC01976.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC01984.JPG
    DSC01984.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01981.JPG
    DSC01981.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC01982.JPG
    DSC01982.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01989.JPG
    DSC01989.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC02001.JPG
    DSC02001.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC02002.JPG
    DSC02002.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 20
dang everyones gettin new wheels. looks nice man. hopefully it rocks your casbah

I feel a trip is coming up.....Auckland to Wellington or Wellington to Auckland:confused2:
Looks good, I see there's a 2011 model coming with a few changes.

All you guys that are jumping ship need to turn in your Man cards! Adding another bike to the stable is great, selling out is blasphemous

I feel a trip is coming up.....Auckland to Wellington or Wellington to Auckland:confused2:
Looks good, I see there's a 2011 model coming with a few changes.

Funny that , yeah new 1 coming out with twin lights and bb kit , which i looked at but for 5k off the 2010 was to good of a deal . :clapping:

All you guys that are jumping ship need to turn in your Man cards! Adding another bike to the stable is great, selling out is blasphemous

I'm not sure I could ever sell my Max. Just love it too damn much. While I'm not going to say I'll never own another bike (how realistic is that?), hopefully some day I'll still have a 50 year old Vmax in my garage.

I liked my Magna, and thought it was a great bike. Well built, dead reliable (like anything that says Honda on it), but it just didn't have the fun factor of the Max. I was a bit sad to see it go, but having the Max replace it got me over it pretty fast.

Nothing wrong with 2 bikes...depends on your riding style and the roads you intend to take...:punk:

My Max is for everything but the most twisted back roads I can find...the RC is for those days .

Good luck with your new ride...

I'll agree that the new Triumphs are really getting down to business and building solid bikes with mass appeal...giving a new definition to the "big twin". If I was in the market for a cruiser, I'd be giving the Triumphs a strong look, though I think the Raider would still be my first pick.

I am the exeption to the rule. I found the stock seat just fine LOL
But the handle bars needed to come back 2 inches, then all was good.:biglaugh: No more upper back strain.

Back