bikesponsors.com

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all to those who have been watching my videos and pm'd questions. No to mention, thank you to the followers of this thread.

I can't wait until spring so I can put the bike back together. It's going to be different not being on a black bike anymore, but I like the new color.

For those who hasn't seen my latest video, here it is. Also, I suggest to take a look at their youtube site. There are quite a few videos, of street, stunt, MX and others there, not to mention a wide variety of items being bought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiUoJfQ0_rw

Getting ready to start planning another video. I've noticed that the video views have declined. I'm thinking too much repetition, lack of interest, or a just plain ol' lousy video (e.g. on the starvmax site there are over 6000 views of the thread and nowhere near that in video views). Still putting the promotions out there, so if ppl are reading the threads and not watching the videos, I'm cool with that as they're still getting the meat of things.

Questions are; what do you think would improve the videos? What would you as the viewer like to see? Along with the products, would you like to see more of a review instead of "This is what they sent..."

I've looked at other videos that are out there. They seem to be about 20-30 seconds of sitting on a couch or by their harley, MX or crotch rocket droning about carb chain lube and they're getting a ton of views. I want to put out something that makes you want to watch the next one when it comes out.

Here is the latest vid, The rest of the ones that I've done are in this thread. I want to evolve the videos into two mins of something other than a "this is what they sent"/ show and tell type of video, I want to achieve more functionality, so even those that aren't in the bikesponsor.com program can get an idea of the product if they are considering a similar purchase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiUoJfQ0_rw

I appreciate any input.
-KJ

I hit refresh on the Youtube page a few time and added 6 or 7 views to that one for you. :D

Fast cars, fast bikes, guns and hot chicks with any of the aforementioned items.

I'm sure doing something illegal would improve your viewership.

I'm going to part ways with Bikesponsors.com. It was fun, I got me some nice things, but views are down and I doubt I can get them back up. It's pretty bad when the sportbikes garner 100's of views in a week. I'm not benefiting from the low numbers and lack of views means they aren't benefiting.

Thank you all who helped me and those who followed this thread from it's inception. I really do appreciate it.

Here is my departing letter to the company;

I was doing some thinking about the decline in my video's views and I think it's time to part ways. I've enjoyed the time making the videos and promoting Bikesponsors.com but I cannot compete with the networking the sportbike and MX riders enjoy. The Vmax is a niche bike and takes up a very small percentage of those who ride.

With only 209 views in 4 months, compared to those who have as much after a few days, It's a stale mate. I don't get anything out of it and you don't get anything from it. I've been asked by a few people if your organization
is legit and I've either spoke with them telephonically or pointed them to one of my forum threads. If I'm still asked, I have no problem telling of the great things that Bikesponsors.com hasw done for me and the quality of work from Decalkits.com

I wish you guys well and hope your company explodes with opportunities and gains.

-Kelly J. Shover

I just don't have the time to go all out on videos to draw attention. The sportbike crowd totally blows the circle of Vmax out of the water when it comes to support. It's actually pretty impressive. So the way Bikesponsors has their gig set up it actually benefits them more than others. I have no complaints. I still got some good stuff and it didn't cost me anything. :) Besides, where I'm at as far as my bike is concerned, Its all higher dollar stuff now.

Well, don't stop making your videos. I personally really enjoy watching VMax vids!

Well, don't stop making your videos. I personally really enjoy watching VMax vids!

A friend of mine and I have an idea we've been kicking around. There used to be a show like it on the tv but it hasn't been on in a while.

We are going to take our Vmaxes, umm, Vmaxii :ummm: Motorcycles to some different hole in the wall joints for some food or a scenic tour then close the video with how to make the meal at your home. We already have a few places picked out. On my facebook page, I have a section on food and drink. I've been known to lumber around the kitchen :)

We are looking at 30 mins for each episode and shooting for 4 episodes this summer.

Attachments

• Brisket_2.jpg
    Brisket_2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 13
  • CrabShrooms5.jpg
    CrabShrooms5.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Egg muffins.jpg
    Egg muffins.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Fried Chicken.jpg
    Fried Chicken.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 12
  • Smoked Turkey.jpg
    Smoked Turkey.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Truffle cake.jpg
    Truffle cake.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Finished Lemon Pie.jpg
    Finished Lemon Pie.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11
Drive-ins , Diners & Max ? :punk:

Kinda,
Alton Brown used to have a show I think it was a one episode thing where he was on an adventure bike if I remember it right. Then it was followed by a couple of guys on bikes called road-tasted. It was ending about the same time the DDD started, or a little bit after. I think they just rebadged it cut the cooking section and made Fieri's show. It kind of fits though, a few months back some critics said his food at one of his restaurants tastes like asphalt :rofl_200: We're bouncing ideas of a name. So far Max'mum flavor or there-a-bouts is the title in the works.

When this semester is over, I'm going to be in need of some riding and such.

Kinda,
Alton Brown used to have a show I think it was a one episode thing where he was on an adventure bike if I remember it right. Then it was followed by a couple of guys on bikes called road-tasted. It was ending about the same time the DDD started, or a little bit after. I think they just rebadged it cut the cooking section and made Fieri's show. It kind of fits though, a few months back some critics said his food at one of his restaurants tastes like asphalt :rofl_200: We're bouncing ideas of a name. So far Max'mum flavor or there-a-bouts is the title in the works.

When this semester is over, I'm going to be in need of some riding and such.

Yep , I've been on the set for his show , out of Atlanta. We work on their security gates . Location was called Be Square Productions I think. He was riding a BMW to work at the time and I think he used it in that road show. Never met him but definately worked on the property.

Yep , I've been on the set for his show , out of Atlanta. We work on their security gates . Location was called Be Square Productions I think. He was riding a BMW to work at the time and I think he used it in that road show. Never met him but definately worked on the property.

Too cool, I would get fired cause I'd be hitting him, and the other chefs, up for some samples :biglaugh:

I remember the show KJ, he had a unique delivery for a food show and is one of my favorites. Anthony Bourdain's show No Reservations also, but that was as much about the location as it was the food, and booze. LOL

Getting ready to start planning another video. I've noticed that the video views have declined. I'm thinking too much repetition, lack of interest, or a just plain ol' lousy video (e.g. on the starvmax site there are over 6000 views of the thread and nowhere near that in video views). Still putting the promotions out there, so if ppl are reading the threads and not watching the videos, I'm cool with that as they're still getting the meat of things.

Questions are; what do you think would improve the videos? What would you as the viewer like to see? Along with the products, would you like to see more of a review instead of "This is what they sent..."

I've looked at other videos that are out there. They seem to be about 20-30 seconds of sitting on a couch or by their harley, MX or crotch rocket droning about carb chain lube and they're getting a ton of views. I want to put out something that makes you want to watch the next one when it comes out.

Here is the latest vid, The rest of the ones that I've done are in this thread. I want to evolve the videos into two mins of something other than a "this is what they sent"/ show and tell type of video, I want to achieve more functionality, so even those that aren't in the bikesponsor.com program can get an idea of the product if they are considering a similar purchase.

I appreciate any input.
-KJ

I hate it your views are down, KJ. They are well made. As far as suggestions, I've started doing mine sorta like installation tutorials. The hardest part for me is putting together what to say and how to say it. Now time is not being my friend. A friend was cutting up with me on another forum saying I sounded like Bob Ross thus inspiring my latest video.

The food videos sound awesome. I wish you luck with that:punk:

For those who need a laugh here's my latest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xfUyPDPBWQ&feature=player_embeddedhttp://youtu.be/3xfUyPDPBWQ

Back