Bluetooth Snell Approved Helmet

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
Im looking for a helmet that is snell appoved for drag racing but i also want it to be set up for bluetooth so i can use my smart phone for tune's when im cruzing. Any idea's for around $200 or less.

Not going to find anything decent at that price. The cheapest one I found was the O'neal Tirade ($200), and the reviews are very mixed about it.

Audio quality over bluetooth tends to suck, I have yet to use a bluetooth audio connection that didn't have that faint scratchy quality in the background, especially on heavy bass or high volumes. Even a top shelf pair of Bose headphones had this issue. I'm no audiophile and could still pick it out.

I'd save yourself a pile of money, and use in-ear buds under whatever helmet you currently have. I use Kicker EB101 earbuds at the suggestion of another member here. I seem to remember they were like $30 or so. They generally stay in well(sometimes trips past the c-note tend to dislodge them), are comfortable to wear under a helmet, and have good sound quality and volume.

I got an "iJet" off ebay for another $20, it's a remote control for ipods. Velcro'd the remote to the clutch master, works great.

Thats the helmet i found. I dont want to spend the money unless it sound's good. I hate the ear bud deal. I did that back in the 80's and you would think we would have better choice's by now. the remote is a good idea. This suck's. I was going to go with two 5" speakers on the handle bars and a 600w booster that is bluetooth ready but i dont think i will here it well at 65mph.

Likely with the helmet speakers you'll need some sort of ear protection. The ear buds serve 2 purposes which may seam at odds with each other; provide music and block loud noises. While they are not effective as ear plugs they make a solo ride much more enjoyable.
By the way, there are quite a few good idea's born out of the 80's. If you remember round about 1985 they unleashed the unholy terror on the general public in the form of a Yamaha Vmax!! :punk:
I run with a Vemar VTXE full face and have recently inherited a Shoei 1000. Just do a search for Snell full face helmets, since you want to use it for drag racing where I believe it is a requirement. Do the tracks normally require riding boots, pants, jacket, and gloves that are armored (CE rated)?

I bought the SENA SMH10 intercom to go in my helmet. I love it! cruise with bluetooth to your phone and listen bluetooth music on my phone . I generally listen to Pandora when cruising. My wife says she cannot really tell when I am going 70 down the highmway when she calls me. It kick arse!

My wife says she cannot really tell when I am going 70 down the highmway when she calls me. It kick arse!
LoL I do not want to talk to anyone let alone the wife. I can hear the phone when it rings and if she calls two or three times in a roll I will find somewhere to stop and find out what is so important. But I use a Sony over the ear bud 15.00 and have no problems

Thats the helmet i found. I dont want to spend the money unless it sound's good. I hate the ear bud deal. I did that back in the 80's and you would think we would have better choice's by now. the remote is a good idea. This suck's. I was going to go with two 5" speakers on the handle bars and a 600w booster that is bluetooth ready but i dont think i will here it well at 65mph.

Earbuds now are much better than they were 25 years ago. There are a couple companies that sell "custom earbud" kits that actually take a mold of your ear so they fit absolutely perfectly. Every bike show I've been to has one of these booths. They're usually on the pricey side but from what I've heard they're pretty unbeatable for comfort and sound quality.

I tried several brands of helmet speakers and found them all to be junk. For voice comms, they might be ok, but music sounds terrible out of all the ones I tried. None were loud enough to be heard at highway speeds.

Phone? Puh-leez. This is a motorcycle, not the family minivan. You don't need to talk to your boss or wife or neighbor while you're out enjoying yourself. Just another "digital leash" to the mundane BS you're trying to get away from. I swear next people will need wifi-enabled shitters.

The last thing i want to do is talk on the phone. I want bluetooth for music.

88vmx12 Its cool with me if you bluetooth to your phone I was telling Rawarrior i want it for music and not for phone. I talk on the phone alot and when i say alot its alot so the last thing i want to do when im on a ride is talk on the phone. I have the sena in my favorites. And if i need to talk i can. By the way thanks for the help.

I'm leaning toward the Interphone F5, it's uses Bluetooth V3. It comes with two mic options, included. You can also plug earbuds into it. Reviews seem to be very positive. Scala rider is also coming out with a Bluetooth V3 unit, in the next couple months. The Sena SMH10, which is Bluetooth V2.1, has been around a while and gets a lot of very favorable reviews. It's less expensive and doesn't have the latest Bluetooth V3 capabilities, but it a proven unit that a lot of people swear by.

Phone? Puh-leez. This is a motorcycle, not the family minivan. You don't need to talk to your boss or wife or neighbor while you're out enjoying yourself. Just another "digital leash" to the mundane BS you're trying to get away from. I swear next people will need wifi-enabled shitters.

i disagree. using my bike to commute & go out and just ride and having a 1 month old during the fall and now a 6 month old i like to listen to music and if something comes up where i need to be home i'd like to know..

Back