Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bright Gauge's Remedy

Great easy mod!

For anyone wanting to replace the lamps with with LED's instead of using the bulb covers. I noticed that they are a little brighter and they won't burn out for a long long time. Here's a link to where I purchased mine from. They are the WLED-x-x and come in many color choices for just 0.79 each.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...t=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=5203972.23240&next=50
Thanks for the link. I have already bought 6 of the regular bulbs...but if they break or burnout I will switch to these LED's.

Great easy mod!

For anyone wanting to replace the lamps with with LED's instead of using the bulb covers. I noticed that they are a little brighter and they won't burn out for a long long time. Here's a link to where I purchased mine from. They are the WLED-x-x and come in many color choices for just 0.79 each.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...t=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=5203972.23240&next=50

Did you get the 90 degree or 120 degree?

THANKS FOR THAT WEBSITE MITCHELL , THOSE BULBS ARE VERY INTERESTING , TO SAY THE LEAST ! I'M GOING TO BUY SOME TO MESS AROUND WITH SOME OF MY BUDDIES BIKES ! AND FOR IF & WHEN MY BULBS WITH THE COLORED COVERS BURN OUT ! THANKS AGAIN !:punk:

Did you get the 90 degree or 120 degree?

LOL..thanks for telling me I actually f!@#$%^ up and said the wrong one. Whats I meant to say was the ""74-x wedge base led bulb"". Scroll down their page. Just 40 cents more. Sorry about that:bang head:

Last edited:

THANKS FOR THAT WEBSITE MITCHELL , THOSE BULBS ARE VERY INTERESTING , TO SAY THE LEAST ! I'M GOING TO BUY SOME TO MESS AROUND WITH SOME OF MY BUDDIES BIKES ! AND FOR IF & WHEN MY BULBS WITH THE COLORED COVERS BURN OUT ! THANKS AGAIN !:punk:

Hey, no problem. Always happy to help those who help me:punk:

I finally looked at ths thread since one of my Speedo bulbs finally burned out.

That red looks great, definitely going to do it....

Thanks for all the tips guys...

Rusty

HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE THIS & HOW DID IT WORK OUT ?

I'm going to do mine this week me thinks so stay tuned... I have the bulbs and just need to tear into the bike and do this as well as the LED install for "mood" lighting...:biglaugh:

I'm going to do mine this week me thinks so stay tuned... I have the bulbs and just need to tear into the bike and do this as well as the LED install for "mood" lighting...:biglaugh:
I think you're gonna like the guage mod as it really stands out. Pics, pics pics when your done with the led's please and thank-you!:punk:

All my 6 gauges have been converted over to LED's I purchased a few LEDs from the site listed in this post and 2 from another LED vendor.

Speedo, Monster Tach, Fuel Pressure, LED Blue
Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Voltage, LED Amber.

Indicator lights all LED
Low Oil = Red
Turn = Amber
Low Fuel = Blinking Red
Neatruel =Green

I think you're gonna like the guage mod as it really stands out. Pics, pics pics when your done with the led's please and thank-you!:punk:

I did the speedo yesterday but need to tear into the tach and temp gauge now. I like what I see so far.:eusa_dance:

OK I finished up the max tonight. Does anyone else notice that the temp gauge is dimmer than the tach and the speedo?:ummm:

I got the LED's all mounted on and must say I like it. You can't see where the light is coming from which is a rule I have. If you can see the bulb then you need to redo it.

The pic I have REALLY sucks but you get the jest...

The front of the bike is on the right and you can see the exhaust can on the left. The two cans really make it pop now.:eusa_dance: Ok so the picture REALLY sucks but I couldn't finger out the exposure time setting...:bang head:

Attachments

• Vmax LED.jpg
    Vmax LED.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 156

Yeah, the temp is dimmer than the tach. Did you purchase the LEDS from Super Bright LEDS ?

Ah mood lighting. I totally agree about not seeing the actual leds. Drives my crazy when I see them stuck to the outside of a frame:bang head:.

I installed white leds on my Super Magna about 4 years ago and now never use them once the new wore off. Anyway, whats really cool is adding them to both the front and rear wheels. I can give you the details on what to use and how to hide the wire for the front wheel if you're interested?

btw ,,,you're right, that pic sucks!

Yeah, the temp is dimmer than the tach. Did you purchase the LEDS from Super Bright LEDS ?

Ah mood lighting. I totally agree about not seeing the actual leds. Drives my crazy when I see them stuck to the outside of a frame:bang head:.

I installed white leds on my Super Magna about 4 years ago and now never use them once the new wore off. Anyway, whats really cool is adding them to both the front and rear wheels. I can give you the details on what to use and how to hide the wire for the front wheel if you're interested?

If you cant solder or use shrink tube dont read any further.

If you goto your local Radioshack (Radioshack sucks) but they are close and convient.
Purchase a Varible Potentiometer 0-1K OHMS wire it in series with the + leg. now you can adjust the brightness of your led. ;-)

I've got them hooked up to a remote controller. I have a key fob that I leave in my pocket so when it gets dark and I am across the way from the bike I just click it on... I have only 5 LED's on the bike. The terminal strip and control are mounted in the back under the rear seat.:eusa_dance:

OK I finished up the max tonight. Does anyone else notice that the temp gauge is dimmer than the tach and the speedo?:ummm:

I got the LED's all mounted on and must say I like it. You can't see where the light is coming from which is a rule I have. If you can see the bulb then you need to redo it.

The pic I have REALLY sucks but you get the jest...

The front of the bike is on the right and you can see the exhaust can on the left. The two cans really make it pop now.:eusa_dance: Ok so the picture REALLY sucks but I couldn't finger out the exposure time setting...:bang head:

SWEEEEET! :punk:

I noticed that when I did mine. Heres a shot of them. and a little critter that was in my front yard watching me do the mod. It seems I got his approval, or he was just sucking up to me until he got my granola bar off my workbench.

Attachments

• Light.jpg
    Light.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 164
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 148
  • critter1.jpg
    critter1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 90

I drove last night with them to watch Hubeerjw race and WOW! I love them!

Jeff did awesome at the track last night too!:eusa_dance:

HEY 4GASEM, ALL THE BUSTING OF MY BALLS ABOUT POSTING PICTURES & YOU POST ONE THAT BAD , " MAYBE YOU BATTERY IS DEAD IN YOU CAMERA "LOL":rofl_200: PLEASE TAKE A GOOD ONE ! I WANT TO SEE IT WITH THE RED LEDS!

Back