Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bright Gauge's Remedy

All my 6 gauges have been converted over to LED's I purchased a few LEDs from the site listed in this post and 2 from another LED vendor.

Speedo, Monster Tach, Fuel Pressure, LED Blue
Oil Pressure, Water Temp, Voltage, LED Amber.

Indicator lights all LED
Low Oil = Red
Turn = Amber
Low Fuel = Blinking Red
Neatruel =Green
HEY YANKEE , I MISSED THIS POST , CAN YOU POST PICTURES SHOWING ALL 6 OF YOUR GAUGES ? THANKS AHEAD OF TIME !:punk:

Did mine last night in orange to match my DJ Wideband Commander A/F guage and it turned out super, I love it!!:eusa_dance:

I used some orange bulbs from autozone, not gelcapped like the factory ones, the glass itself was orange.

They are much brighter than stock and really look good to me..

Thanks for all the tips guys

I used the 24 series bulbs and they fit fine, the glass on these bulbs is bigger diameter than the stock ones withoput the gel cap but no bigger than the stock bulbs with the green gel cap on them so they fit fine and the base seemed to be a match as well....

I picked up 6 #24s and 6 #74s, all blue, but every bulb in the speedo and instrument cluster that I could find was a #24. Where are the #74s? Do the bulbs differ between model years?
Thanks for the quick and simple mod--I like it!

IN THE FIRST HANDFULL OF PAGES OF THIS MOD , IS THE INFO ABOUT THE BULBS & WERE THEY GO . I'M NOT SURE ABOUT DIFFER'NT YEARS , MINES AN "06" . I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL RESPOND THAT KNOW'S !:punk:

the bulbs i used are #24 & #37 , the info is on pages #4 & #5 , & the exploded view is in the first post on page #9 .

Here's a shot of my gauges all tangled up in blue...slightly darker than the stock lights, but bright enough to see how much of a blur I am to the cages I just shot past. I know, it's not crystal clear but I was lazy and went without a tripod.

Attachments

• bluemax1.jpg
    bluemax1.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 177

I'M GLAD THAT SO MANY PEOPLE TOOK THE TIME TO DO IT . IT'S ALOT EASYER THEN MOST WOULD THINK . AND THE OUTCOME IS AWESOME , AND WELL WORTH THE $20.00 OR SO IN BULBS . AND THE FIRST TIME YOU RIDE IN THE DARK , YOUR LIKE " THATS F@#$%*G COOL " ! AND ITS ALOT MORE SATISFYING WHEN YOU DO SHIT YOURSELF ! :punk:

A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE , WITH A 2005 VTX1300 , WHO RIDES WITH ME ALL THE TIME , FINALLY BROKE DOWN TO DO THIS " MOD " TODAY AND LOOKED ALL OVER TO GET COLORED LED'S , BUT NOBODY STOCKS THEM , SO HE FOUND SOME LIGHT BULB PAINT AT A HOBBY STORE , PAINTED THEM RED , BUT HE'S NOT TO HAPPY , SO HE CAME OVER & I SHOWED HIM THE WEBSITE THAT SOME OF YOU GUY'S GOT YOUR BULBS FROM , www.superbrightleds.com , SO NEEDLESS TO SAY , HE'LL BE ORDERING THEM SOON !:rofl_200:I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED !

Managed to track some leds here in NZ.

Attachments

• lights 003 (Large).jpg
    lights 003 (Large).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 174

EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS WEB-SITE , ME & DANNYMAX WERE ON IT LASTNIGHT & TODAY , www.customdynamics.com , THEY HAVE ENDLESS NICE & UNBELIEVABLE STUFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , ITS A LITTLE TRICKY FINDING IT ALL ON THE WEB-SITE ! BUT WELL WORTH THE TIME ! I ORDERD A COUPLE OF THINGS YESTERDAY . I'LL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED ON THE QUALITY !:punk:

I ORDERD 2 MORE LED LIGHTS FROM www.customdynamics.com SO I'LL HAVE 3 , PART # LBO3 , I'M GOING TO PUT ALL 3 UNDER THE GRAB RAIL STACKED HORIZONTALY WHERE THE REFLECTOR IS , THEY FILL THAT SPACE PERFECTLY ! THIS WILL BE MY NEW TAIL LIGHT , ALL 3 TOGETHER , I'M MAKING A SIDE MOUNT LISCENS PLATE BRACKET ALSO , THIS WAY THERE WILL BE NOTHING ON THE REAR FENDER AT ALL , JUST THE FENDER & TIRE . I SCOPED IT ALL OUT & I THINK ITS GOING TO BE " BAD ASS " ! I'LL POST PICTURES AFTER I DO IT . :punk:

MAN , I GOT THEM ALREADY ! CANT WAIT TO DO IT ! THEY ARE AWESOME ! :punk:

will i be able to change the color of bulb on speedo and Gauge ???

hi everyone, jz a idea i want to change the color of bulb on speedo and gauge, any input ??? pls

Latest posts

Back