Can you help me identify this part

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnipeJDM

Reaction score
In all of my disassembly, I stumbled upon this piece that I have no clue where it came from. Can anyone help?

It's rubber with a lip and metal clips that obviously snaps over something.

thanks in advance.

CDB43AE2-4685-4CE9-A19A-9622F178A2D6-2946-0000022E03C13E79.jpg

Goes on the bottom of one of the scoops. Each side has one but they are not the same. The clips clip on the bottom of the scoop edge. The little hole has a tab from another rubber piece that slips into it to connect the two pieces.

Goes on the bottom of one of the scoops. Each side has one but they are not the same. The clips clip on the bottom of the scoop edge. The little hole has a tab from another rubber piece that slips into it to connect the two pieces.

It looks like the one from the right side.

Looks like part of L or R side scoop skirt to me.

Thanks guys. That's a big help. I pulled that off last night and found that rubber piece laying on a table.

WOW as time passes you learn things ... i am still spending money on my Max (3 years now ) to get it ready . i have made lots of mods .... but havent ever ever ever EVER seen that part on a V-max. Rusty thank you. i am still curious how i did not run to one of this what ever there are !!!

WOW as time passes you learn things ... i am still spending money on my Max (3 years now ) to get it ready . i have made lots of mods .... but havent ever ever ever EVER seen that part on a V-max. Rusty thank you. i am still curious how i did not run to one of this what ever there are !!!

My Vmax doesn't have that part on the left or right side. I imagine it was removed by a PO and never returned to the bike for one reason or another. Fortunately without that piece it doesn't look like anything is missing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That's piece is one of dozens of
Plastic and rubber thingies yamaha put on there to clutter things up. Sorta like those god awful plastic things sitting on top of the heads.

I would love to know the engineers explanation for all those metal and rubber parts. They can't all be for heat control, can they? Some are obvious, such as the metal one between the engine and gas tank (heat shield) but all the others?

I would love to know the engineers explanation for all those metal and rubber parts. They can't all be for heat control, can they? Some are obvious, such as the metal one between the engine and gas tank (heat shield) but all the others?
Not sure but I can tell you they work fine with out all that crap. Its just extra weight not much but every ounce adds up when your trying to go faster.

Latest posts

Back